Washington Nationals can't even spell right

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Washington Nationals can't even spell right

Post by HelenaCat95 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:06 pm

The Nationals are terrible.....and to rub it in there was a spelling error on their uniform on Friday. Spelled "Natinals"......missing the "o".

I couldn't find a picture....but here's the article on the apology.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ch ... 2062.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Re: Washington Nationals can't even spell right

Post by HelenaCat95 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:17 pm

Tough to see, but here's a picture

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/thelife/ ... id=4081675" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:05 pm

The word "Expos" was easier to spell. And it sounds like they're having some players causing problems in the clubhouse. I feel bad on how far that organization has sunk (but the Expos/Nationals franchise hasn't really been since 1994, or barely in 2002-2003), but it seems like they could turn it around someday soon. Spelling on the uniforms should not be an issue. Unfortunately, LAST and PLACE are going to be much easier to spell than NATIONALS.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by TIrwin24 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:51 pm

FWIW I think the Nationals suck and they should return back to Montreal and be the Expos again.

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:05 pm

Simply stunning. :shock:

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

BDizzle
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by BDizzle » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:45 pm

Did you also hear about Elijah Dukes being five minutes late to the game because he was at a Little League event and he apparently lost track of time signing autographs and shaking hands. He was 5 minutes late and the Natinals fined him $500 and suspended him a game. The Little League has volunteered to pay his fine. Congrats Nats! Once again you live up to the worst organization in professional sports.

GO GRIZ!

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by Billings_Griz » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:35 am

BDizzle wrote:Did you also hear about Elijah Dukes being five minutes late to the game because he was at a Little League event and he apparently lost track of time signing autographs and shaking hands. He was 5 minutes late and the Natinals fined him $500 and suspended him a game. The Little League has volunteered to pay his fine. Congrats Nats! Once again you live up to the worst organization in professional sports.
I read the whole story and one thing that bugs me is Dukes wanted/took $500 for an appearance fee. I think thats horsesh!t too being it was the LL. These kids look up to these "Pro's". These "Pro's" should talk to Little Leaguers for NOTHING. Bad deal by most involved.