Class C girls state BBall

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kwcat
Member # Retired

Class C girls state BBall

Post by kwcat » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:20 pm

Got to see the late game of the opening round tonight. The sophomore from Savage, Soda Rice, was impressive in a loss to Winifred Roy tonight.
She is very athletic and can handle the ball at 5'10". Very raw and needing a lot of work, nonetheless impressive. Savage as a whole was very athletic, but made many poor shot choices as a young team. They looked really tight and got off to a slow start and an 18 point deficit before taking a 1 point lead late.
However WR proved better for the win.

Hoping to see Twin Bridges play as well if work schedule allows the next couple of days.

Anyone else see anyone they liked this tournament?

MTCowpoke22
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Class C girls state BBall

Post by MTCowpoke22 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:48 am

Obviously, Belt ran over everyone this year. My wife teaches here at Medicine Lake, so we were pretty excited to see the girls take 4th place. The Lady Redhawks went as far as their junior point guard, Morgan Mason, could take them, but have some nice tall, younger girl with the Dethman sisters. We are excited for next year.

There's the truth, and then there's what's reported in the papers.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:04 am

MTCowpoke22 wrote:Obviously, Belt ran over everyone this year. My wife teaches here at Medicine Lake, so we were pretty excited to see the girls take 4th place. The Lady Redhawks went as far as their junior point guard, Morgan Mason, could take them, but have some nice tall, younger girl with the Dethman sisters. We are excited for next year.
Yep, Belt wasn't challenged by anyone at State this year, and won their 5th title in the last 6 years. That's a pretty impressive run. I believe they took 3rd in 2015, the one year they didn't win it.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:01 pm

MTCowpoke22 wrote:Obviously, Belt ran over everyone this year. My wife teaches here at Medicine Lake, so we were pretty excited to see the girls take 4th place. The Lady Redhawks went as far as their junior point guard, Morgan Mason, could take them, but have some nice tall, younger girl with the Dethman sisters. We are excited for next year.
Belt is deep in talent and wears everyone down that dare compete.

Froid Lake and Savage girls need to get to some constructive camps to build on the raw talent they both have. If they both can do just that they will be forces to contend.
I believe there are at least 3 of those girls with improvements in their raw talent could play at MSU.