Stadium expansion….

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Stadium expansion….

Post by Rich K » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:35 pm

… or Gateway Project South? From the Sacramento State Hornets forum.
Kadeezy
Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:55 am

Tapped into MY sources….

There is a $50-75M renovation planned for Hornet Stadium. The plan will remove all Rose Bowl bleachers and increase capacity north of 30,000 with a permanent structure. The plan includes a new football only building with new locker rooms and meeting rooms. Attached to the stadium and practice field adjacent. There will be boxes, concessions, and restrooms as well. Unfortunately the plans include keeping the track, but temporary bleachers will be connected at the lowest levels to bring fans closer.

Expect an announcement before Thanksgiving to tap into “giving Tuesday.”

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Stadium expansion….

Post by allcat » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:43 pm

Rich K wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:35 pm
… or Gateway Project South? From the Sacramento State Hornets forum.
Kadeezy
Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:55 am

Tapped into MY sources….

There is a $50-75M renovation planned for Hornet Stadium. The plan will remove all Rose Bowl bleachers and increase capacity north of 30,000 with a permanent structure. The plan includes a new football only building with new locker rooms and meeting rooms. Attached to the stadium and practice field adjacent. There will be boxes, concessions, and restrooms as well. Unfortunately the plans include keeping the track, but temporary bleachers will be connected at the lowest levels to bring fans closer.

Expect an announcement before Thanksgiving to tap into “giving Tuesday.”
This probably has a better chance than whatever plan Eweu comes up with every five years or so.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:43 am

Sounds like Sac State has their eyes on the FBS with that kind of stadium expansion. They are consistently #3 in attendance in the Big Sky these days after the two MT schools, and other pretty major events have been held there in the past. I hope they get it done and it doesn't become a running joke like EWU's Gateway Project.

They're also desperately in need of a new basketball arena along the lines of what PSU and Idaho did.

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:31 am

MSU01 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:43 am
Sounds like Sac State has their eyes on the FBS with that kind of stadium expansion. They are consistently #3 in attendance in the Big Sky these days after the two MT schools, and other pretty major events have been held there in the past. I hope they get it done and it doesn't become a running joke like EWU's Gateway Project.

They're also desperately in need of a new basketball arena along the lines of what PSU and Idaho did.
Can anyone think of a FBS school with a track around its football field?

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:15 am

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:31 am
MSU01 wrote:

Sam Houston.

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:35 am

The Butcher wrote:
MSU01 wrote:

The Washington huskies did for many years. I think they just recently got rid of it.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:39 pm

Doesn’t Weber have a track around their field? I just watched the game I should remember.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:14 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:39 pm
Doesn’t Weber have a track around their field? I just watched the game I should remember.
They do.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:04 pm

seataccat wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:35 am
The Butcher wrote:
MSU01 wrote:

The Washington huskies did for many years. I think they just recently got rid of it.
Yeah, I went to a game there in 2008 and they still had the track. Lame for a P5.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

damnyoutuesday
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by damnyoutuesday » Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:55 pm

The Butcher wrote:
MSU01 wrote:

Nevada
Sam Houston
Eastern Michigan
Buffalo
Hawaii*

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:36 pm

damnyoutuesday wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:55 pm
The Butcher wrote:
MSU01 wrote:

Nevada
Sam Houston
Eastern Michigan
Buffalo
Hawaii*
Does Mackay (unr) have a track? I don't remember one.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:28 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:15 am
The Butcher wrote:
MSU01 wrote:

Sam Houston.
Do they really count ?

:lol: :lol:

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

damnyoutuesday
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by damnyoutuesday » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:50 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:36 pm
damnyoutuesday wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
MSU01 wrote:

Nevada
Sam Houston
Eastern Michigan
Buffalo
Hawaii*
https://dxbhsrqyrr690.cloudfront.net/si ... lPosts.jpg

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:23 am

damnyoutuesday wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:50 pm
RickRund wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:36 pm
damnyoutuesday wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
MSU01 wrote:

Nevada
Sam Houston
Eastern Michigan
Buffalo
Hawaii*
https://dxbhsrqyrr690.cloudfront.net/si ... lPosts.jpg
Thanks. I went to a few unr/CAT games and even had to cross that track, but don't remember it. I wasn't even drinking :lol: :lol:

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.