Beau's finished at Wyoming

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Beau's finished at Wyoming

Post by Cat Grad » Fri May 12, 2023 4:52 pm

Don't know anything other than what is in the news.

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2023/05/11 ... p-of-cnfr/

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Beau's finished at Wyoming

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri May 12, 2023 5:17 pm

Well, I sure hope Beau lands on his feet. Maybe he can coach football, too?

The article says that Wyoming moved the Rodeo teams into the Athletic Department in July, 2022. Isn’t that what MSU did maybe a couple of years ago? Can any say why colleges are doing this? I thought it was great when MSU did it, but it seems like it’s maybe a trend.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Re: Beau's finished at Wyoming

Post by Cat Grad » Fri May 12, 2023 6:55 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 5:17 pm
Well, I sure hope Beau lands on his feet. Maybe he can coach football, too?

The article says that Wyoming moved the Rodeo teams into the Athletic Department in July, 2022. Isn’t that what MSU did maybe a couple of years ago? Can any say why colleges are doing this? I thought it was great when MSU did it, but it seems like it’s maybe a trend.
As I like to go to Rifle and Craig to look at the elk and as Craig is only a few miles from Steamboat, one can glean a bit of insight from this article:

https://www.craigdailypress.com/news/ed ... ig-campus/

Rodeo has to spend a great deal of time and expend tremendous effort in fundraising. I would assume administration of the teams. UNLV and Cal Poly both have good rodeo teams, as one would expect.

I'm curious as to why the Griz have a rodeo team. Especially when so many in and around Sanfranzoola are repulsed by anything agriculturally related. It's an expensive endeavor. Western? Northern? Dawson and Miles City?