Fisticuffs at the WNIT

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Fisticuffs at the WNIT

Post by RickRund » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:43 pm

Didn't see if she is a 5th year Sr or just a 5th year player..

Memphis' Jamirah Shutes charged with assault for allegedly punching BGSU's Elissa Brett in handshake line

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/memphis- ... shake-line

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Re: Fisticuffs at the WNIT

Post by tetoncat » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:09 pm

Sad that she did it, bit almost worse that her whole team just walked away like nothing happened

Sports is not bigger than life

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:31 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:09 pm
Sad that she did it, bit almost worse that her whole team just walked away like nothing happened
Yes, almost like it is an everyday occurrence...

msubobcats@outlook.com

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:59 am

Memphis' Jamirah Shutes charged with assault for allegedly punching BGSU's Elissa Brett in handshake line
“Allegedly”

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:39 pm

She has been hit with assault charges...

Sounds like it was a fairly physical game and she didn't like it. Well, welcome to basketball.

msubobcats@outlook.com

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:53 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:39 pm

Sounds like it was a fairly physical game and she didn't like it. Well, welcome to basketball.
Now there's some flawed logic for you... "It was too physical, so I'll get physical and sucker punch an opponent in the handshake line..." Whatever happened to the Golden Rule? SMH

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:22 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:53 pm
RickRund wrote:

Now there's some flawed logic for you... "It was too physical, so I'll get physical and sucker punch an opponent in the handshake line..." Whatever happened to the Golden Rule? SMH
I remember a couple of bloody noses, a couple of black eyes, poked in the eye, scrapes, scratches, split lips. Never thought about punching someone. Remember a game against a hated rival where when I fouled out it left us with four if I remember correctly. I think they have five left. Against them in football the guy across from me ended the game by punching me through my helmet, only had the single bar, and breaking my nose. That ended in a pretty good fight though. That same team usually had fights in their games. A few years later I was in a local bar, a couple of them came in, we recognized each other and we sat around drinking and all had a great laugh.

msubobcats@outlook.com

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:31 pm

The Georgia WBB team was on thin ice against Iowa. Two major intentional fouls in like the last fifteen seconds. Georgia was still guarding hard (as they should have been) but then a Georgia player hit an Iowa player right in the face with an open hand jab, sending her to the bench. The refs consulted briefly and called it. Following the free throws Iowa inbounded and with four seconds left a big Georgia post shoved Caitlin Clark (nation’s leading scorer and arguably the best player) out of bounds with one arm, then followed her into the baseline out-of-bounds and delivered a two-hand shove that sent Clark on the floor clear into her team bench. Another shower of whistles and penalty flags. As poor of sportsmanship and egregious physical attacks as I’ve seen in a long time. If they never play again, I’m fine with it.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:26 am

\:D/
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:31 pm
The Georgia WBB team was on thin ice against Iowa. Two major intentional fouls in like the last fifteen seconds. Georgia was still guarding hard (as they should have been) but then a Georgia player hit an Iowa player right in the face with an open hand jab, sending her to the bench. The refs consulted briefly and called it. Following the free throws Iowa inbounded and with four seconds left a big Georgia post shoved Caitlin Clark (nation’s leading scorer and arguably the best player) out of bounds with one arm, then followed her into the baseline out-of-bounds and delivered a two-hand shove that sent Clark on the floor clear into her team bench. Another shower of whistles and penalty flags. As poor of sportsmanship and egregious physical attacks as I’ve seen in a long time. If they never play again, I’m fine with it.
Come on....

Pretty good acting to me.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:56 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:53 pm
RickRund wrote:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jamirah- ... gsu-player

For allegedly punching... Maybe she can say due to the physical aspect of the game she picked up a tic...

msubobcats@outlook.com