Stiegelmeier retiring from SDSU

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cat4LifeHouseDivided
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Stiegelmeier retiring from SDSU

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:10 pm

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: Stiegelmeier retiring from SDSU

Post by MSU01 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:57 am

Congrats to Coach Stig, I've always had a ton of respect for him and how he ran his program. Not many coaches get a chance to go out on top like this!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:57 pm

Now that's a mic drop!

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:36 am

I think Stig is one of the all time great coaches in the FCS, Spent just about his entire career at one place, Always seemed to run a class program, performance improved throughout his run. Glad to see he finally got a ring to retire with.

One of the things I believe about his is that he made the younger men in his program better men, not just better football players.

It will be a big change for the Jacks, but I think he is leaving a program with a solid foundation to continue on with.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:57 am

Jimmy Rogers (formerly DC) has been named Head Coach.

https://gojacks.com/news/2023/1/20/foot ... coach.aspx

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:42 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:36 am
I think Stig is one of the all time great coaches in the FCS, Spent just about his entire career at one place, Always seemed to run a class program, performance improved throughout his run. Glad to see he finally got a ring to retire with.

One of the things I believe about his is that he made the younger men in his program better men, not just better football players.

It will be a big change for the Jacks, but I think he is leaving a program with a solid foundation to continue on with.
I'm pretty sure football wasn't much of a thing at SDSU for most of their history. They weren't a D-2 powerhouse at all. He built that thing, along with their administration with the new stadium and facilities. They were also patient with him, letting him do the build. It's very rare thing these days.