Hauck return

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Re: Hauck return

Post by Rich K » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:14 pm

Just saw this story regarding the NDSU-gris game.
https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-me ... -fargodome

I didn't watch the game close enough to have an opinion on the specifics, but in general is this accurate?

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:21 pm

I hope Bobby stays. As a matter of fact, I hope Bobby takes a page from UNCU and promotes Robby to defensive coordinator immediately. I just hope he can learn to toss a clipboard more accurately than the McCaffrey of the UNCU Bears.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:08 pm

Rich K wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:14 pm

I didn't watch the game close enough to have an opinion on the specifics, but in general is this accurate?
I watched the replay on ESPN+. Waege was on the ground far behind the play when Walker essentially jumped on him. Completely uncalled for. Next play, Roobie hits Johnson late out of bounds, helmet to helmet. He’s damn lucky he didn’t get tossed.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:01 am

nevadacat wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:08 pm
Rich K wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:14 pm

I watched the replay on ESPN+. Waege was on the ground far behind the play when Walker essentially jumped on him. Completely uncalled for. Next play, Roobie hits Johnson late out of bounds, helmet to helmet. He’s damn lucky he didn’t get tossed.
Robby, like usual was a tick late and that saved him from getting the helmet hit penalty he deserved. The 15-yarder was handed out to first gris to make the late hit out of bounds. They should have called Robby, too. It was a totally preplanned, malicious hit. I don’t know how he keeps getting away with this. But I guess he’s done with football now.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:21 am

It will be interesting to see how many UM players end up in the transfer portal. There can be all the rumors in the world started by people on the outside but that will really show how their team thinks of Hauck & his staff. Probably time to ditch the arrogant #RTD nonsense since it's quite clear that many of the rest of the Big Sky teams are a hell of a lot better than they were 20 years ago and aren't going to let that happen.

grizgirl
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:12 pm

I was thinking this might be his last year. I think he is just sticking around for one more just for optics. I shudder to think he is going to be the next AD.

Go Dark Brandon!!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:59 pm

grizgirl wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:12 pm
I was thinking this might be his last year. I think he is just sticking around for one more just for optics. I shudder to think he is going to be the next AD.
You have got to be kidding...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:32 pm

Anybody have any video clips of the dirty hits?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:35 pm

grizgirl wrote:
You were adamant this was his last year. You guaranteed it plenty of times over here. Some good back tracking here and I see you’re still pretending to be a Griz fan. Weird as hell.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:57 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:35 pm
grizgirl wrote:
You were adamant this was his last year. You guaranteed it plenty of times over here. Some good back tracking here and I see you’re still pretending to be a Griz fan. Weird as hell.
1/31/2024 is the end of his contract.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:16 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:57 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
Two more years of busting his chops...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:08 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:16 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:57 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
Two more years of busting his chops...
Come on Rick, too much celebration 😂😂😂.
1 year and 30 more days. Even less when the griz season is over after the cat griz game.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:27 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
I can’t tell if you’re happy or mad that she was wrong. 🤣🤣

I was wrong, too. Although I didn’t say anything until late in the season. I think quite a few people thought it’d be his last year based on the fact he came back and brought his son with him; his career record keeps getting worse, especially against MSU; the conference isn’t a pushover anymore; he seems unhappy; a lot of UM boosters, especially young (<30) ones, seem unhappy.

This was supposed to be THE year that RTD came into full effect with most of the big names being seniors and being picked to win the conference and being ranked No. 2 at one point. Only to lose to every team with a winning record except SEMO, which is from a mediocre FCS conference and that win was narrow.

Were you certain that he was coming back? Or do you have a connection with someone close to the decision makers at UM.

I think most coaches would have been sent packing from Missoula with his track record over the past four full seasons. Arguably the three worst losses to MSU in UM history. 3-3 playoff record. Missed the playoffs in 2018. UM hasn’t won a game at SAC, Weber, MSU or EWU since he came back.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:56 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:27 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:

I was wrong, too. Although I didn’t say anything until late in the season. I think quite a few people thought it’d be his last year based on the fact he came back and brought his son with him; his career record keeps getting worse, especially against MSU; the conference isn’t a pushover anymore; he seems unhappy; a lot of UM boosters, especially young (<30) ones, seem unhappy.

This was supposed to be THE year that RTD came into full effect with most of the big names being seniors and being picked to win the conference and being ranked No. 2 at one point. Only to lose to every team with a winning record except SEMO, which is from a mediocre FCS conference and that win was narrow.

Were you certain that he was coming back? Or do you have a connection with someone close to the decision makers at UM.

I think most coaches would have been sent packing from Missoula with his track record over the past four full seasons. Arguably the three worst losses to MSU in UM history. 3-3 playoff record. Missed the playoffs in 2018. UM hasn’t won a game at SAC, Weber, MSU or EWU since he came back.
I knew 100% when “catguy” claimed he wasn’t coming back, he was wrong. Yes I have some decent connections and there was never a doubt he was coming back.

I’m happy he will be back. You can cherry pick what you want but there is no doubt the guy can coach. Look at what was happening with the Griz prior to his return, that was as bad as it had been maybe ever. He gets to 10 wins in year 2, a playoff seed, a playoff win and quarterfinal appearance. He gets another 10 wins in year 3, another playoff seed, another win over rival ewu and another quarter final appearance. He gets 8 wins this year with another playoff win and I’d say was more competitive against the bison than the cats have been in years (although both our teams got man handled). QB Club membership higher than ever and game attendance and season tickets higher than they’ve ever been. There’s a lot more good than bad with the UM program right now, especially compared to the last decade.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:05 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:56 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:

I knew 100% when “catguy” claimed he wasn’t coming back, he was wrong. Yes I have some decent connections and there was never a doubt he was coming back.

I’m happy he will be back. You can cherry pick what you want but there is no doubt the guy can coach. Look at what was happening with the Griz prior to his return, that was as bad as it had been maybe ever. He gets to 10 wins in year 2, a playoff seed, a playoff win and quarterfinal appearance. He gets another 10 wins in year 3, another playoff seed, another win over rival ewu and another quarter final appearance. He gets 8 wins this year with another playoff win and I’d say was more competitive against the bison than the cats have been in years (although both our teams got man handled). QB Club membership higher than ever and game attendance and season tickets higher than they’ve ever been. There’s a lot more good than bad with the UM program right now, especially compared to the last decade.
The griz were a whisker away from missing the playoffs this year, in fact many thought they shouldn't have gotten in. You can sugar coat it if you want, but we all know that going 7-4 and being on the playoff bubble in Haucks 4th year is far from what you all expected.

I'm glad you guys like him up there, I like him there too. I'm hoping he keeps Baer around as well.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:38 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:05 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:

The griz were a whisker away from missing the playoffs this year, in fact many thought they shouldn't have gotten in. You can sugar coat it if you want, but we all know that going 7-4 and being on the playoff bubble in Haucks 4th year is far from what you all expected.

I'm glad you guys like him up there, I like him there too. I'm hoping he keeps Baer around as well.
Hooked is trying to paint a picture that simply doesn’t exist. Vigo recapped it well recently with a breakdown of wins where Hauck was something like 3-11 versus teams with winning records in his second stint. I hope they keep Hauck forever.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:35 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:38 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:05 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:

Hooked is trying to paint a picture that simply doesn’t exist. Vigo recapped it well recently with a breakdown of wins where Hauck was something like 3-11 versus teams with winning records in his second stint. I hope they keep Hauck forever.
So do I. Can you imagine if NDSU hired a new head coach tomorrow..... and five years later the Bizon went 4-4 in their league, got demolished by SDSU, barely squeaked into the playoffs, and then got destroyed in the 2nd round? Do you think that coach would be there the following year? ZERO CHANCE!!! :lol: =D^

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:40 pm

Still amazes me all the delusional, brain washed, excuse making Griz fans. Well you see, we really would have been national championship contenders if our 6th year TRANSFER QB wouldn't have gotten hurt. So you're telling me you didn't have a quality starting QB in that room so you went out and got a drop down from Bobby's past... and then when he got hurt you didn't even have a backup QB that could do anything for you at all? Great coaching and player development there.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:15 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:40 pm
Still amazes me all the delusional, brain washed, excuse making Griz fans. Well you see, we really would have been national championship contenders if our 6th year TRANSFER QB wouldn't have gotten hurt. So you're telling me you didn't have a quality starting QB in that room so you went out and got a drop down from Bobby's past... and then when he got hurt you didn't even have a backup QB that could do anything for you at all? Great coaching and player development there.
Yes, it was the griz QB situation that caused MSU to rush for 450 yards and not punt the entire game lol.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:57 am

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:15 pm
catatac wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:40 pm
Yes, it was the griz QB situation that caused MSU to rush for 450 yards and not punt the entire game lol.
They were able to win with poor quarterback play in 2021.

I wonder if Hauck nudged the DC and DL coach out. If so, that might be a sign that he’s going to stick it out for awhile.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber