Some kind of problem at UM-Missoula?

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Some kind of problem at UM-Missoula?

Post by PHAT CAT » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:36 pm

You want to know why kids are in debt, when they get out of college? Over paid knotheads, who never teach a class.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:12 pm

The article itself had ample evidence of discrimination. It quoted the familiar non-discrimination clause from Title IX. 78% of the promotions are going to one sex, and the vast majority of the President’s cabinet belong to that group. I suspect these numbers are way out of balance with the ratio of faculty members. Yup, it smacks of discrimination to me.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:40 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:12 pm
The article itself had ample evidence of discrimination. It quoted the familiar non-discrimination clause from Title IX. 78% of the promotions are going to one sex, and the vast majority of the President’s cabinet belong to that group. I suspect these numbers are way out of balance with the ratio of faculty members. Yup, it smacks of discrimination to me.
All too often discrimination is a one way street.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:25 pm

The entire university had been in a downward spiral since they backed Jordan Johnson and allowed him back to play football. IMO based on what I’ve heard it makes no sense to go so anti-women at a Liberal Arts school, and it was a dumb decision to attack Gwen Florio and run her out of town by the idiots on egriz who harassed her along with certain others in their fanbase.

Horrible decision-making since that debacle. I have strong ties to UM and it baffles me. It’s not like Jordan Johnson was an all-time great player in the Big Sky. Bringing back Bobby was another poor decision but it’s not my alma mater.
Last edited by PapaG on Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:26 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:12 pm
They’re going to have to settle with Shannon soon because the BOR and boosters aren’t going to continue with this nonsense much longer. The difference between MSU and UM these days could not be any different in the AD and also in academics.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:18 pm

And the sh!t show just keeps getting piled on.
http://www.montanakaimin.com/news/stude ... 471e6.html

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:32 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:18 pm
That place is a DUMPSTER FIRE...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:13 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:18 pm
Now I want to know what kind of drugs they were :-k

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

ECBobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ECBobcat » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:14 pm

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:45 am

ECBobcat wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:14 pm
Interesting:

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 9641d.html
Ref must be a Bobcat fan! :lol:

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:13 am

ECBobcat wrote:
Interesting:

We're playing in the NCAA Tournament and they're getting kicked out of middle school girls games. That's the two programs in a nutshell.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:52 am

I will enjoy the student section, at next years game, yelling "That was a jump ball!" at every opportunity not involving an actual jump ball.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:28 am

Absolutely unbelievable. After all the lecturing (YouTube rants) coaches give about this very thing he has to get involved in something like that. Diminishes the work of his peers.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:41 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:45 am
ECBobcat wrote:
Interesting:

Ref must be a Bobcat fan! :lol:
Ref must be a Bob Scofield fan. :lol:

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:44 pm

The only problem is a systemic lack of communication. The coach should have stopped by the ASUM office and picked up a handful of sedatives for his mom. 😁

BobCatFan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobCatFan » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:01 am

This is what happens in a work environment dominated by woman. The most educated woman thinks she should always get the max raise and always get the promotion over men and woman. We have created an entitlement work force and woman will always sue if they don’t get their way. They abuse the laws designed by attorneys to have a steady flow of work and the defendants have deep pockets, win or lose, the attorneys get paid.

The one lady had health issues due to her weight. She should have taken health seriously as if she can’t perform she can’t work. The other lady, yes she increased enrollment at a growing university, but watched u of m decline and never rebounded. Her performance did not
justify a job.

But woman never see these connections as important to keeping a job. They are entitled and expect every thing to be given to them. No way, do they ever want to be supervised by a male. I pity the male supervisor who has to walk the tight rope when supervising such woman.

I was warned in an interview the entire staff is female. I told the interviewer that I work in a field dominated by women. I know want to expect.

A long time ago, I was saying the law school at Missoula put out the forestry school out of business. I think I have been proven right.
My father, grandfather and uncle were attorneys but they never abused the laws. Maybe it was a different time.

I stopped associating with woman in the work place after hr had a men’s only meeting back in 1996. After that meeting, I realized I could never talk to a woman except for business purposes only. No complements no jokes no flirting. This is why men are afraid of woman in the workplace. You never know what comment will trigger a woman and you get written up or fired.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:41 pm

Wow :shock: :shock: :shock:

GO CATS GO!!!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:24 pm

WoMaN?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:52 pm

BobCatFan wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:01 am
This is what happens in a work environment dominated by woman. The most educated woman thinks she should always get the max raise and always get the promotion over men and woman. We have created an entitlement work force and woman will always sue if they don’t get their way. They abuse the laws designed by attorneys to have a steady flow of work and the defendants have deep pockets, win or lose, the attorneys get paid.

The one lady had health issues due to her weight. She should have taken health seriously as if she can’t perform she can’t work. The other lady, yes she increased enrollment at a growing university, but watched u of m decline and never rebounded. Her performance did not
justify a job.

But woman never see these connections as important to keeping a job. They are entitled and expect every thing to be given to them. No way, do they ever want to be supervised by a male. I pity the male supervisor who has to walk the tight rope when supervising such woman.

I was warned in an interview the entire staff is female. I told the interviewer that I work in a field dominated by women. I know want to expect.

A long time ago, I was saying the law school at Missoula put out the forestry school out of business. I think I have been proven right.
My father, grandfather and uncle were attorneys but they never abused the laws. Maybe it was a different time.

I stopped associating with woman in the work place after hr had a men’s only meeting back in 1996. After that meeting, I realized I could never talk to a woman except for business purposes only. No complements no jokes no flirting. This is why men are afraid of woman in the workplace. You never know what comment will trigger a woman and you get written up or fired.
Wow. You live in a different world.

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:34 pm

Apparently this is what happens when you do not associate with a woman at work for almost 30 years.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable