QB's in the CFL

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

QB's in the CFL

Post by Montanabob » Tue May 05, 2020 2:44 pm

Two QB's sign with CFL.
Dalton Sneed with Bombers.
Jake Maier to Calgary Stampeders he won't get a 6th year to play. WWill compete with Dakota Prukop

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Re: QB's in the CFL

Post by gtapp » Thu May 07, 2020 9:44 am

What ever happened to the really good EWU QB that transferred to WSU for his senior year. I know he got beat out for the WSU starting job but Minshew Started for the Jaguars last year so he was pretty good.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu May 07, 2020 11:13 am

gtapp wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:44 am
What ever happened to the really good EWU QB that transferred to WSU for his senior year. I know he got beat out for the WSU starting job but Minshew Started for the Jaguars last year so he was pretty good.
He went to Oregon the year before Prukop. Vernon Adams.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Thu May 07, 2020 11:35 am

allcat wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:13 am
gtapp wrote:
He went to Oregon the year before Prukop. Vernon Adams.
Gage Gubrud is the one he is talking about.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... gton-state

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu May 07, 2020 11:39 am

gtapp wrote:
That would be Gage Gubrud. Spokesman Review had this article after last season.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/ ... quarterba/

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:35 pm

Well it's time for the Canadian football league to start. Calgary stampede have 4 QBs on the depth chart. 1. Levi Mitchell, EWU. 2. Dakota prukop, OU and 4. Jake Maier, UC Davis.
Big sky well represented on a team that has 15 straight playoff appearances, 6 champion's games with 2 wins in the last 15 years.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:56 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:35 pm
Well it's time for the Canadian football league to start. Calgary stampede have 4 QBs on the depth chart. 1. Levi Mitchell, EWU. 2. Dakota prukop, OU and 4. Jake Maier, UC Davis.
Big sky well represented on a team that has 15 straight playoff appearances, 6 champion's games with 2 wins in the last 15 years.
Prukop cut by the stampede on Thursday and signed with the Edmonton elks. I had to look that up I didn't know who the elks were. Then I realized it was the Edmonton Eskimos and in 2020 they went without a Eskimo name and in 2022 they became the elks. They signed Prukop and cut another quarterback we'll see what their depth chart looks like next week.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:06 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:56 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Prukop cut by the stampede on Thursday and signed with the Edmonton elks. I had to look that up I didn't know who the elks were. Then I realized it was the Edmonton Eskimos and in 2020 they went without a Eskimo name and in 2022 they became the elks. They signed Prukop and cut another quarterback we'll see what their depth chart looks like next week.
What's more sad... Social pressure forcing the name change, or the fact that they used "Elks", instead of the grammatically correct "Elk"?

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:51 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:06 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
What's more sad... Social pressure forcing the name change, or the fact that they used "Elks", instead of the grammatically correct "Elk"?
There having a Gramma issue? Didn't sea that cumming.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:02 am

Montanabob wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:51 am
grizzh8r wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:06 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
There having a Gramma issue? Didn't sea that cumming.
Prukop list of this number two on the depth chart for Edmonton but he was on the not playing list and they didn't have an answer for why he was out. Whether it was injury or covid-19 related. The one thing on egris that was pointed out is that all of the griz have been cut from the CFL teams.