Coach Erickson

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Coach Erickson

Post by Montanabob » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:29 pm

Anybody see this coming? Or is this Hauck getting even?

Montana (FCS): Bryce Erickson has joined the staff as tight ends coach. Bryce is the son of College Football Hall of Fame head coach Dennis Erickson and he spent the past three seasons as the head coach at Lake City HS (MT) and coached at Idaho (QBs), Arizona State (RBs) and New Mexico Highlands (OC) prior to that.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Coach Erickson

Post by iaafan » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:08 am

Montanabob wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:29 pm

Montana (FCS): Bryce Erickson has joined the staff as tight ends coach. Bryce is the son of College Football Hall of Fame head coach Dennis Erickson and he spent the past three seasons as the head coach at Lake City HS (MT) and coached at Idaho (QBs), Arizona State (RBs) and New Mexico Highlands (OC) prior to that.
How would that be getting even?

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:47 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:08 am
Montanabob wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:29 pm

How would that be getting even?
I could see it as an ATTEMPT to get even...making a splash hire that has the appearance of stealing somebody from the other side, similar to Choate getting Gregorak. I would agree it's not actually getting even.

Looks like Lake City is actually in Coeur d'Alene. He was 5-12 in two years there and has been out of coaching for a couple years, selling weight room equipment. Not a stellar resume without the family ties. I'm sure it would be a real WTF hire if his last name wasn't Erickson...and might be anyway.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:13 pm

Other than his Dad he doesn't have any ties to MSU and actually has connections to um.
Erickson, who was born in Moscow, Idaho, and whose mother Marilyn attended UM from 1970-1972, also has family ties to the Grizzly football program. His grandfather Pink Erickson was an assistant coach at Montana under Jack Swarthout in 1967. Now he says it’s a blessing to be able follow that family history back to Missoula to begin his next coaching chapter.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:38 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."