Serious Question...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Serious Question...

Post by Griznationalist » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:30 pm

FatBuffalo wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:18 pm
There is ZERO chance Grizz win this game. Actually its even less than that.

Hauck will be 0-4 in the only game that matters and those hippy liberal douchebags will want to sign him to a 10 year extension.

Nobody has caught up with the MVFC we have slid back and you still need over times to beat up with a bad team. This won't be close
You haven’t called many right. So this bodes well for UM.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:21 pm

SDSU: 45
UM: 13

nanacat

Post by nanacat » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:18 am

After scrolling through social media this morning, I'm excited for next Wednesday-Thursday. The NC will be over, the prognosticating and post-game stories about what happened, why, and what the future holds should minimize by Thursday I'm thinking. I am happy to see Pickering getting some press though. Just getting tired of every MT sports headline being about the gris :roll:

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:49 pm

nanacat wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:18 am
After scrolling through social media this morning, I'm excited for next Wednesday-Thursday. The NC will be over, the prognosticating and post-game stories about what happened, why, and what the future holds should minimize by Thursday I'm thinking. I am happy to see Pickering getting some press though. Just getting tired of every MT sports headline being about the gris :roll:
I doubt it stops even after the game is over. The best thing about no Billings Gazette print issue on News Year's day was no gris story. I don't have to read the stories, but it's hard to miss the huge photos that make me want to puke.

Pretty sure the Cats didn't get half the coverage in '21.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

nanacat

Post by nanacat » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:24 pm

catscat wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:49 pm
nanacat wrote:
I doubt it stops even after the game is over. The best thing about no Billings Gazette print issue on News Year's day was no gris story. I don't have to read the stories, but it's hard to miss the huge photos that make me want to puke.

Thinking you're quite right about that!

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:05 am

nanacat wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:24 pm
catscat wrote:
nanacat wrote:

No kidding. I've been thinking the same thing. I swear the gris are getting way more coverage this year than we did two years ago. Anyone who says the local media in Montana isn't blatantly biased towards the gris is completely full of s**t. Can you imagine how unbearable it will be if they somehow miraculously manage to win the game?

nanacat

Post by nanacat » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:58 am

John K wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:05 am
nanacat wrote:
catscat wrote:
nanacat wrote:

No kidding. I've been thinking the same thing. I swear the gris are getting way more coverage this year than we did two years ago. Anyone who says the local media in Montana isn't blatantly biased towards the gris is completely full of s**t. Can you imagine how unbearable it will be if they somehow miraculously manage to win the game?
It's pretty ridiculous. 36 articles on the Montana Sports page alone, let alone Skyline, 406 Sports, etc. :roll: And yes, if they win... ugh. #-o
Last edited by nanacat on Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:21 am

"Can you imagine how unbearable it will be if they somehow miraculously manage to win the game?"

Wash your mouth out with soap.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:49 am

John K wrote:
nanacat wrote:
catscat wrote:
nanacat wrote:

I stayed in the media for this very reason some 25 years ago. The Lee newspapers were about 3:1 in stories and 5:1 in words in those days. Once MSU started making playoffs and beating UM it got a little better, not much. I called the head for Montana Lee and was told that since UM wins more it gets more coverage, so I told them the ratios and they just blew me off.

Nearly every story about MSU in the run up to the’21 title game mentioned that UM beat MSU in the regular season. It’s always been this way though. About all you can do is call in and complain and unsubscribe.

I don’t follow it that closely anymore so I had no idea how thick they’re laying it on this year. Media is so obscure and not as in your face (almost everyone got the newspaper delivered and it was in most businesses not too long ago) so I don’t think it’s as effective in tilting the field as it was back in the pre2010s.

One big difference is how few UM fans I see out and about. From about 1990 to 2009 they blanketed every town, bar etc in the state in Griz gear. I think the lack of print media is a big reason along with a lot of their fans not being excited about the coach.

Cat fans should rest easy knowing that programmatically MSU is several strides ahead of UM. You can pretty much count on MSU putting a top 4 product on the field annually with the system it has in place. Despite having a big year this season I don’t have a good feel for how well UM will do in the coming seasons.

MSU - 16 team National Champions (most recent 2024); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:03 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:49 am
John K wrote:
nanacat wrote:
catscat wrote:
nanacat wrote:

I stayed in the media for this very reason some 25 years ago. The Lee newspapers were about 3:1 in stories and 5:1 in words in those days. Once MSU started making playoffs and beating UM it got a little better, not much. I called the head for Montana Lee and was told that since UM wins more it gets more coverage, so I told them the ratios and they just blew me off.

Nearly every story about MSU in the run up to the’21 title game mentioned that UM beat MSU in the regular season. It’s always been this way though. About all you can do is call in and complain and unsubscribe.

I don’t follow it that closely anymore so I had no idea how thick they’re laying it on this year. Media is so obscure and not as in your face (almost everyone got the newspaper delivered and it was in most businesses not too long ago) so I don’t think it’s as effective in tilting the field as it was back in the pre2010s.

One big difference is how few UM fans I see out and about. From about 1990 to 2009 they blanketed every town, bar etc in the state in Griz gear. I think the lack of print media is a big reason along with a lot of their fans not being excited about the coach.

Cat fans should rest easy knowing that programmatically MSU is several strides ahead of UM. You can pretty much count on MSU putting a top 4 product on the field annually with the system it has in place. Despite having a big year this season I don’t have a good feel for how well UM will do in the coming seasons.
These news agencies rely on people to click on and read or watch those stories. I just don't do that for anything that has to do with that team.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:06 am

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:03 am
TomCat88 wrote:
John K wrote:
nanacat wrote:
catscat wrote:
nanacat wrote:

These news agencies rely on people to click on and read or watch those stories. I just don't do that for anything that has to do with that team.
You mean Bill Speltz isn't your go-to journalist of choice?

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:11 am

84CatGrad wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:21 am
"Can you imagine how unbearable it will be if they somehow miraculously manage to win the game?"

Wash your mouth out with soap.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

ECBobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ECBobcat » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:17 am

The coverage has been ridiculous.

BOBBY HAUCK’S DOG PREDICTS 2 TD TRIUMPH

HAUCK USES RESTROOM IN FRISCO, “FELT GOOD”

GRIZ FOOTBALLERS HAVE BACON & EGGS BEFORE TREK TO TEXAS

1988 GRIZ COMEBACK WIN POINTS TO VICTORY ON JAN. 7

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:27 am

ECBobcat wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:17 am

The sad thing is I can’t tell if you’re joking or not.

MSU - 16 team National Champions (most recent 2024); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:28 am

I felt we had a lot of coverage in 2021, I didn't have any complaints. Do the Griz have more? Maybe, but remember that is a double-edged sword - when things go south over there it's just of big of a story.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:28 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:06 am
AFCAT wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:03 am
TomCat88 wrote:
John K wrote:
nanacat wrote:
catscat wrote:
nanacat wrote:

You mean Bill Speltz isn't your go-to journalist of choice?
Is his "blood boiling yet?" No, I haven't read that clowns stuff in years.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:00 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:28 am
I felt we had a lot of coverage in 2021, I didn't have any complaints. Do the Griz have more? Maybe, but remember that is a double-edged sword - when things go south over there it's just of big of a story.
The sports reporters were very kind during the tumultuous years from 07-14 and the news reporters were reporting. The sports reporters seemed to, for example, minimize what UM actually got in trouble for by constantly talking about free hot dogs in the tailgate area and avoiding talking about the infractions that got UM scholarship reductions.

toM StUber

nanacat

Post by nanacat » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:09 pm

ECBobcat wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:17 am

EXACTLY!!! :roll:

bobcatmaniac
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bobcatmaniac » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:42 pm

Being a Butte native I subscribe to the standard online since moving away. Quality is pathetic on all counts since they were purchased and are all online. Pretty generic paper. Anyway when Tommy came to be there a was very little about how great he was doing even a few years ago. Repeatedly I left emails and voice mails. Didn’t change much. I told them he is a Butte kid! At least I can imagine now how upset the gris are that nothing is in the paper until Tuesday about their historically significant and much to be admired wins this year. 🙄🥱. A while back I called and complained and wanted to cancel. They said I could have three months free and then 5$ a month. I said fine but if it goes up one cent I am canceling. I just might anyway. Incredibly bad paper.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:50 pm

I haven't read one article covering the Griz since the Cats lost to NDSU.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!