Gresch Jensen

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

hartofacat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Gresch Jensen

Post by hartofacat » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:24 pm

Have been hearing some rumors that Gresch is out of the QB conversation at TX State, and potential transferring to MSU. Anyone have any info in this?

Link below for some additional info on TX State and the QB competition

http://bobcatfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... SMGThvmRb0

“I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love. And it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it.”-John Steinbeck

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Re: Gresch Jensen

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:29 pm

Interesting. But at this point with 2 weeks left before the first game, I'd prefer to move forward with Bauman.

hartofacat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hartofacat » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:32 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:29 pm
Interesting. But at this point with 2 weeks left before the first game, I'd prefer to move forward with Bauman.
I totally agree. I think he would bring some interesting tools if he were converted to WR, but going to 4 schools and losing 3 QB battles is a tough look to transfer in with at the QB position.

“I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love. And it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it.”-John Steinbeck

Danster21
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Danster21 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:08 pm

From what I can gather it sounds like Jensen is their #2 behind Vitt. If he's not happy being the backup then I could see a transfer and I'll bite: I would like to see him compete with Bauman for a day for the QB1 spot. It sucks so badly that the season starts soon (soon for football terms, still feels like an eternity as a fan!), but if Jensen is far and away the best QB then we shouldn't hamstring ourselves. Didn't the coaches say that Rovig is "a snap away from starting" or something of the like? Bauman knows he's not a sure thing and while the team does need a QB to rally around, but talent>time. You give him a day or two to prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that he's the best QB. Maybe I'm really wrong but I'd like to start up the conversation, because we're 1 solid QB away from destroying this conference (a la sp00ky 2011-2016 StL/LA Rams :lol: )

jgrilley406
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by jgrilley406 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:16 pm

When he chose Texas State I was shocked even though his old coach is the new O.C., because they played 2 QBs all season last year and they were a freshman and a sophomore. Didn't think he’d take that gamble knowing that he’d be competing with two young and less experienced QBs at MSU.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:22 pm

#StittRuinsLives

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:30 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:22 pm
#StittRuinsLives
Ha!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:35 pm

Question here?

As with Jensen and the WR Marcus, what is the deadline for recruits/transfers to commit and still hit the field? Or with Jensen rere-commit?

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:44 pm

I heard two rumors. One of which might be true.

1. hartofacat is also 59106Griz over on egriz.
2. McGhee is leaving for TCU.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:46 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:35 pm
Question here?

As with Jensen and the WR Marcus, what is the deadline for recruits/transfers to commit and still hit the field? Or with Jensen rere-commit?
I’m not sure....I remember back in the Kramer days there was a guy who started the season playing for Colorado (when we beat them) and then finished the season playing for us. Assuming nothing has changes, it seems it’s certainly possible to transfer late.

That said, I really don’t see it happening.
Last edited by wbtfg on Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:47 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:44 pm

Makes a lot more sense than the "rumor" this thread is based on

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:02 pm

Jensen is declaring for the draft and the cowboys are looking forward to drafting him in 2nd round

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:18 pm

I would be more than a little leery of having a guy come in after basically just committing to Texas State and then upon finding he may not be the starter that he cuts bait and goes elsewhere. If he doesn't start here will he just hop to another greener pasture..... How many greener pastures are there before coaches start say Jensen who???

What is the real rumor and how much is true?
Last edited by RickRund on Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

hartofacat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hartofacat » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:20 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:44 pm

I’m not, but I know him well. He is the one who initially asked me. Granted, he’s an idiot, but he has a lot of Groz connections around the country.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:57 pm

Personally if it's true, I would pass at this point.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:28 pm

Danster21 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:08 pm
From what I can gather it sounds like Jensen is their #2 behind Vitt. If he's not happy being the backup then I could see a transfer and I'll bite: I would like to see him compete with Bauman for a day for the QB1 spot. It sucks so badly that the season starts soon (soon for football terms, still feels like an eternity as a fan!), but if Jensen is far and away the best QB then we shouldn't hamstring ourselves. Didn't the coaches say that Rovig is "a snap away from starting" or something of the like? Bauman knows he's not a sure thing and while the team does need a QB to rally around, but talent>time. You give him a day or two to prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that he's the best QB. Maybe I'm really wrong but I'd like to start up the conversation, because we're 1 solid QB away from destroying this conference (a la sp00ky 2011-2016 StL/LA Rams :lol: )
Choate literally said the exact opposite of Rovig being a snap away from starting.

Danster21
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Danster21 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:03 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:28 pm
Danster21 wrote:
Choate literally said the exact opposite of Rovig being a snap away from starting.
Can you explain this then:

Sentence starts at 0:17, quote at about 0:25

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:20 pm

Danster21 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:03 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:28 pm
Danster21 wrote:
Can you explain this then:

Sentence starts at 0:17, quote at about 0:25
Yeah thats easy to explain. CB, like any other player, could go down anytime and TR needs to be ready to go. Choate said in his presser where he made the announcement that there wasn't going to be a short leash on CB. He also commented that TR may need to step in at any moment and alluded to the fact that 3 of the 4 BSC playoff teams last year ended up having to use 2 QBs throughout the year.

FTG_1984
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FTG_1984 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:55 pm

Pretty stupid of him to choose Texas St over MSU back when he had a chance. Timing can be everything sometimes. And this dude blew a big opportunity it looks like.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:32 pm

I would love it, if true.

If your left, you aren’t right.