Another Griz FB player quits

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: Another Griz FB player quits

Post by catatac » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:31 am

91catAlum wrote:Starting QB, starting DE, they are weak at CB and thin on the O line. This could possibly be a very rough season for a team with an already delusional fan base that thinks Bobby will take them back to the playoffs immediately. Sneed will have to be the next Deshawn Watson for that to happen.
No way. DIdn't you hear? They brought in a second JC QB, so they're going to instantly be good now.

Does anyone really think that UM will actually be able to make the playoffs in 2018, besides delusional UM fans?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:40 pm

catatac wrote:
91catAlum wrote:Starting QB, starting DE, they are weak at CB and thin on the O line. This could possibly be a very rough season for a team with an already delusional fan base that thinks Bobby will take them back to the playoffs immediately. Sneed will have to be the next Deshawn Watson for that to happen.
No way. DIdn't you hear? They brought in a second JC QB, so they're going to instantly be good now.

Does anyone really think that UM will actually be able to make the playoffs in 2018, besides delusional UM fans?
I see them losting 2 of their last 3 and either Sacramento State or North Dakota. Sears not only recruits great athletes but he's a good coach who always has good teachers on his staff. They have almost their entire 7-4 team back this year. Injuries have hurt North Dakota recently but they play the type of football Hauck plays. Special team play will be the difference here.

If they have the same type of summer program and their strength and conditioning is what it was when Hauck was here before, they will surprise a lot of people. I recall what kind of high school athlete Sims was (a kid that big to be that good in the 400 is amazing) and that kid from Whitefish...

Edit. Chuck Daly tried to get Dennis Rodman to try track--both the 200 and 400 (can't imagine what his 800 would have been). It is difficult for me to watch a former track athlete like Hauck not encouraging a kid like Nagler to become a multievent athlete, even though I understand he would have to leave Montana to get the necessary coaching to get him to the Olympics.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:24 am

https://twitter.com/Chris_Favoroso/status/1006013966533865472

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:57 pm

Sounds like Favaroso was unhappy with the new DC. He went from being a starter with 13 TFL and 6.5 sacks to being third string in spring?? Then the DC laughed at him when he approached him. That program is in disarray. It also sounds they are going to lose their starting RB in Calhoun as well. Potentially 4 significant contributors gone from program since Hauck took over. Wow.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:46 pm

Cataholic wrote:Sounds like Favaroso was unhappy with the new DC. He went from being a starter with 13 TFL and 6.5 sacks to being third string in spring?? Then the DC laughed at him when he approached him. That program is in disarray. It also sounds they are going to lose their starting RB in Calhoun as well. Potentially 4 significant contributors gone from program since Hauck took over. Wow.
Favaroso is also a graduate transfer with 2 years to play. He will graduate with a business degree in 3 years at 3 different colleges. I think that is significant. The optics of the DC laughing at a student-athlete that got it done like that in the classroom is horrible.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:39 pm

Rich K wrote:
Cataholic wrote:Sounds like Favaroso was unhappy with the new DC. He went from being a starter with 13 TFL and 6.5 sacks to being third string in spring?? Then the DC laughed at him when he approached him. That program is in disarray. It also sounds they are going to lose their starting RB in Calhoun as well. Potentially 4 significant contributors gone from program since Hauck took over. Wow.
Favaroso is also a graduate transfer with 2 years to play. He will graduate with a business degree in 3 years at 3 different colleges. I think that is significant. The optics of the DC laughing at a student-athlete that got it done like that in the classroom is horrible.
Agreed. And from what I understand, this new DC has a history of arrogance at previous stints with questionable results. Griz fans are already starting to question Hauck’s choice and they haven’t even played a game yet. I have a feeling that Bobby will wish he stayed in San Diego by the end of the season.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:42 am

Rich K wrote:
I wonder if the Graduate Transfer rule will let him play for TG :)?

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:16 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Rich K wrote:
Maybe, but he'd never see the field here.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:47 pm

Rich K wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
Rich K wrote:
Not sure if he would never see the field, but for the first time in years, we don’t desperately need a transfer on defense.

The reaction in Grizland is comical. Some fans are saying that he wasn’t any good and they don’t need him. Some are blaming the coach while some are blaming the player. In the meantime, Favorosa has received multiple offers including FBS offers. On top of it all, Egriz has removed or locked the threads regarding Favorosa, Calhoun and coach Baer. The ****** show continues in Grizland.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:40 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:47 pm
Rich K wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
Rich K wrote:
Not sure if he would never see the field, but for the first time in years, we don’t desperately need a transfer on defense.

The reaction in Grizland is comical. Some fans are saying that he wasn’t any good and they don’t need him. Some are blaming the coach while some are blaming the player. In the meantime, Favorosa has received multiple offers including FBS offers. On top of it all, Egriz has removed or locked the threads regarding Favorosa, Calhoun and coach Baer. The ****** show continues in Grizland.
I was hoping to see which corner they stole from some FBS school, but that thread got removed. I don't think this year's recruiting season at dUMb is going as smooth as some might desire.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:01 pm

The dumpster fire continues in Missoula. A picture was posted on Flickr of Favorosa’s departure statement with hand written comments supposedly made by one of the coaches. The comments were not flattering to the player. Egriz picked up the post and a thread was started with the title “unprofessional”. I didn’t get to read the whole thread as it was removed or deleted before I was able to return and finish the 5 pages. :lol: Has there ever been another time at Egriz that the moderators were actively censoring what could be displayed to the general public because it perceived the Griz poorly? You can’t make this stuff up! Unbelievable.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:32 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:01 pm
The dumpster fire continues in Missoula. A picture was posted on Flickr of Favorosa’s departure statement with hand written comments supposedly made by one of the coaches. The comments were not flattering to the player. Egriz picked up the post and a thread was started with the title “unprofessional”. I didn’t get to read the whole thread as it was removed or deleted before I was able to return and finish the 5 pages. :lol: Has there ever been another time at Egriz that the moderators were actively censoring what could be displayed to the general public because it perceived the Griz poorly? You can’t make this stuff up! Unbelievable.
That is strange - do you really think Bobby came in and told the Egriz folks they better remove any and all posts that might make the program look bad?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:53 am

catatac wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:32 am
Cataholic wrote:
That is strange - do you really think Bobby came in and told the Egriz folks they better remove any and all posts that might make the program look bad?
I think it was just moved to a different forum.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:56 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:53 am
catatac wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
I think it was just moved to a different forum.
Yup - was moved to different forum, but not a peep about the Tulane Scholarship.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:59 pm

catatac wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
I am not sure about that. I didn’t say anything about Bobby. I only noticed that with all the upheaval with the program, the Egriz moderators are actively censoring the site. Even if they just move the topic to a “private” section, they are making sure that certain controversial items are being removed from the general board. I think some people are just finally figuring out that they look and act like a bunch of a-holes on that site. The little that I read about Favoroso before it was deleted (or removed) was unbelievable.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:26 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:59 pm
catatac wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
I am not sure about that. I didn’t say anything about Bobby. I only noticed that with all the upheaval with the program, the Egriz moderators are actively censoring the site. Even if they just move the topic to a “private” section, they are making sure that certain controversial items are being removed from the general board. I think some people are just finally figuring out that they look and act like a bunch of a-holes on that site. The little that I read about Favoroso before it was deleted (or removed) was unbelievable.
No, sorry, I wasn't implying you said anything about Bobby. I was just putting two and two together and noticed that there have been several threads they remove (The secret arrest, Calhoun?, Some others, and this one and it seems like they do heavy itchy trigger fingers on moving those threads. Is seems to coincide with when Bobby came back. I know Bobby has demonstrated in the past he will play hard ball with the media and others and it's his way or the highway. Although maybe this is all stemming from the Alpha debacle. Who knows.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:34 pm

catatac wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:26 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:59 pm
catatac wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
No, sorry, I wasn't implying you said anything about Bobby. I was just putting two and two together and noticed that there have been several threads they remove (The secret arrest, Calhoun?, Some others, and this one and it seems like they do heavy itchy trigger fingers on moving those threads. Is seems to coincide with when Bobby came back. I know Bobby has demonstrated in the past he will play hard ball with the media and others and it's his way or the highway. Although maybe this is all stemming from the Alpha debacle. Who knows.
That is a really good point! It is probably a combination of all those points.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:25 pm

It looks like they picked up a transfer qb from Alabama.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:51 pm

RickRund wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:25 pm
You mean the walk-on QB that only had Division 2 offers out of high school and never earned a scholarship last year? Not sure that is a significant pickup.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:16 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:51 pm
RickRund wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:25 pm
You mean the walk-on QB that only had Division 2 offers out of high school and never earned a scholarship last year? Not sure that is a significant pickup.
Depends on who you ask. Ejiz says he’s a unanimous Payton winner.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.