Interesting article.

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lutecat
Member # Retired

Interesting article.

Post by lutecat » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:33 pm

Not sure what to make of it.

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/s ... ssion=true

Positive but negative article.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Interesting article.

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:16 pm

Oddly puzzling. I surely don't ever remember a story like this before. Congratulations, Amanda. You ran fast and well.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Re: Interesting article.

Post by SACCAT » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:12 pm

What athlete in their right mind would snicker at someone that is that much better than everyone else around them...This is a very odd story.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:14 am

Man this was a weird read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:40 am

https://twitter.com/MitchHorning/status/1004924394932617216 https://twitter.com/a_lew21/status/1004934481927548928

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:18 pm

There is obviously much, much more to this story.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:21 am

https://twitter.com/PaigeSquire/status/ ... 52640?s=19

Not sure if this is related or not.

WolfPtCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by WolfPtCat » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:34 pm

That is a very odd article. Even if there is discord on a team, you don't usually see it in a newspaper article.

There had to be some pretty serious issues going on for the Athletic Dept to step in and "ban" someone from weightroom and off season practices. Coach Kennedy is one of the nicest guys in the world....if the situation was solely Ms. Janes' fault, I doubt he would have let her stay on the team, or worked with her one-on-one during the "ban"(even with national finals level talent)

When there are different levels of commitment or different levels of intensity within a team, there is often discord. Think of Jordan or Kobe. A lot of their teamates really disliked them. They could be overbearing. Heck, Jordan was such a big a$$hole that he couldn't even enjoy his Hall of Fame induction. He used his speech to call out former coaches and players that he though wronged him or disrespected him.

I imagine this situation was a two way street. Teammates didn't like her because she pushed so hard (made practice tougher, made them look bad at practices, probably made them realize they either didn't have the same level of talent...or more likely, same level of effort) and she might've given them reason to not like her (standoffish, not partaking in social gatherings, maybe even verbalized "you guys suck/you're not on my level/I can't get a good workout with you".)

I wasn't there, don't have a clue what really happened......just very weird to see it in an article just days before her crowning event in college.

You can not take away her accomplishments. Track is a very individual sport. She made it to NCAA's, she set school records, she pushed herself in the weightroom/practice reps. There is no way that she could've stepped on anyone else's shoulders to make those times happen. She might've rubbed people the wrong way, but I'm pretty sure she didn't hurt anyone else's career to make her own. In basketball you could argue someone is a ball hog to improve their stats at the expense of teamates....not in track.

A huge tip of the hat for her effort and her results.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:59 pm

WolfPtCat wrote:That is a very odd article. Even if there is discord on a team, you don't usually see it in a newspaper article.

There had to be some pretty serious issues going on for the Athletic Dept to step in and "ban" someone from weightroom and off season practices. Coach Kennedy is one of the nicest guys in the world....if the situation was solely Ms. Janes' fault, I doubt he would have let her stay on the team, or worked with her one-on-one during the "ban"(even with national finals level talent)

When there are different levels of commitment or different levels of intensity within a team, there is often discord. Think of Jordan or Kobe. A lot of their teamates really disliked them. They could be overbearing. Heck, Jordan was such a big a$$hole that he couldn't even enjoy his Hall of Fame induction. He used his speech to call out former coaches and players that he though wronged him or disrespected him.

I imagine this situation was a two way street. Teammates didn't like her because she pushed so hard (made practice tougher, made them look bad at practices, probably made them realize they either didn't have the same level of talent...or more likely, same level of effort) and she might've given them reason to not like her (standoffish, not partaking in social gatherings, maybe even verbalized "you guys suck/you're not on my level/I can't get a good workout with you".)

I wasn't there, don't have a clue what really happened......just very weird to see it in an article just days before her crowning event in college.

You can not take away her accomplishments. Track is a very individual sport. She made it to NCAA's, she set school records, she pushed herself in the weightroom/practice reps. There is no way that she could've stepped on anyone else's shoulders to make those times happen. She might've rubbed people the wrong way, but I'm pretty sure she didn't hurt anyone else's career to make her own. In basketball you could argue someone is a ball hog to improve their stats at the expense of teamates....not in track.

A huge tip of the hat for her effort and her results.
Probably hit it on this comment!!! She surely was not a lazy slob.....

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.