Weekly Predictions Game: Week 4 vs Eastern Washington

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Weekly Predictions Game: Week 4 vs Eastern Washington

Post by coachouert » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:25 pm

I'm going to keep this short and sweet as I'm slammed trying to leave for a conference. Don't worry, I'll be back Friday night in time for Saturday. This game to me feels like a playoff game mixed with Cat/Griz mixed with Christmas. I'm excited, nervous and bordering on unproductive already and might develop a drinking problem this week...lots of nervous drinking going on.

After last week's game, Devlan and luckyirishguy25 are sitting at the top in a tie. This isn't soccer, so figure it out, fellas. As always, go to http://bobcatnation.com/coachschallenge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and submit your score no later than one hour before kickoff. Once you have made your prediction, come on back here and discuss. As this is a big game and there are sure to be some trolls running around on both sides, we do ask that the discussions remain civil. Remember: opinions are like assholes, we all have one. Good luck and Go Cats!

My prediction:
Eagles: 48
Cats: 49

I don't know how I came up with that, but I'm going with it for now...plus I'm a Cat homer, so deal with it.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

cat_stache_fever
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Weekly Predictions Game: Week 4 vs Eastern Washington

Post by cat_stache_fever » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:18 pm

Big game at home usually means loss. At least it's not December...

EWU 51
MSU 20

well.......we gonna pitch it!
"we gonna put something/somebody(?) on they ass...."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cXf-VrzznY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:23 pm

Big home game means big win...

MSU 45 ... Eastern 35 ... we win like the last time we won! 8)

Glad it's the Fall!

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:23 pm

cat_stache_fever wrote:Big game at home usually means loss. At least it's not December...

EWU 51
MSU 20
Erroneous! Erroneous on all accounts! Plus, you've only watched like 8 minutes of Bobcat Football this year so your opinion doesn't count. Next...song. NEXT SONG!

rtb

Post by rtb » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:53 am

Strange, why are you keeping it short and sweet this week and there is no discussion of RTB's position in the contest this week? I wonder why that is? Could it be that I am now in a 4 way tie at 29th with none other than the infamous Coach Ouert? Turns out I'm not the Oakland Raiders of this game. We will save that title for...well no one is that bad at this game and some people haven't even showed up to play!

Ok, this game is going to be a barn burner. I hope that we can pull off a miracle and beat the eagles, but my gut says we just can't quite hang with them.

Cats 38
EWash 48

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:27 pm

Las week I was sitting pretty good until all the craziness by the officials. This week I'm going with 49 - 45 Bobcats. I think it will be a fairly high scoring game, but not overly so if the 'Cats play their move the chains football. Unlike UW, our coaches are familiar with EWU so will be able to contain them somewhat although they are tough to slow down. Should be exciting but 'Cats prevail. (Call me the eternal optimist if you like - I hate picking against the 'Cats).

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:19 pm

Dang, I was in 137th after the Ark State game. I really blew that one. I had no idea they were FBS or a bowl team. Thankfully, I was able to recover and draw upon my towering intellect to climb to 22nd, ahead of the year in and year out stalwarts. I believe I would have taken the best score of the week if UCA hadn't scored the safety and their final touchdown.

After listening to compelling arguments from those who believe we will win and those who believe we will lose, I feel obliged to let you all know that the Bobs will win this one. I'm still working on the final score, which usually doesn't come to me until after my marathon session of coke and meth eight balls and heavy drinking.

Having said that, I am making myself available to the coaching staff. They can PM me and I'll give provide all the intel pro bono.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Weltercat
Member # Retired

Post by Weltercat » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:00 pm

I might have to change my prediction. I am starting to think this might be like in 2010 when EWU won their NC. They hung 37 on the griz the previous week and the cats held them to 7 points in Bozeman. Taiwan Jones ran all over the field in every game except against the cats.

"The conservation of natural resources is the fundamental problem. Unless we solve that problem it will avail us little to solve all others." Theodore Roosevelt

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:14 pm

Weltercat wrote:I might have to change my prediction. I am starting to think this might be like in 2010 when EWU won their NC. They hung 37 on the griz the previous week and the cats held them to 7 points in Bozeman. Taiwan Jones ran all over the field in every game except against the cats.
That's because he got hurt in the first half and didn't play again. I hope VA gets a really bad hangnail on his throwing hand!

2024 Resume dominance

Rjones61
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Rjones61 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:51 pm

Weltercat wrote:I might have to change my prediction. I am starting to think this might be like in 2010 when EWU won their NC. They hung 37 on the griz the previous week and the cats held them to 7 points in Bozeman. Taiwan Jones ran all over the field in every game except against the cats.
It's unbelievable how hard the Cats are clinging to this memory.

FTG06'
Member # Retired

Post by FTG06' » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:56 pm

Can't stand the fact that eastern seems to have our number. I don't think that has changed, but dear lord I hope these young men prove me wrong this weekend!

Cats 47
Eastern Washington Community College 56

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Men, do your duty.
3-7-77

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:15 pm

rtb wrote:Strange, why are you keeping it short and sweet this week and there is no discussion of RTB's position in the contest this week? I wonder why that is? Could it be that I am now in a 4 way tie at 29th with none other than the infamous Coach Ouert? Turns out I'm not the Oakland Raiders of this game. We will save that title for...well no one is that bad at this game and some people haven't even showed up to play!

Ok, this game is going to be a barn burner. I hope that we can pull off a miracle and beat the eagles, but my gut says we just can't quite hang with them.

Cats 38
EWash 48
Well, would you look at that, I had quit looking down the scoreboard for your scores. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

grunyon37
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by grunyon37 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:22 pm

Hate to say it, but EWU has the better coach and QB. EWU 48. Cats. 21

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:39 pm

Eastern ought to stay in Cheney. The coaches, players and the atmosphere of a MSU game not only intimidates them, but we are healthy this year and on a mission I've not seen on campus for several years. That chip on the shoulder these kids are carrying will make more than a few arm chair quarterbacks wonder where we got these kids. It won't even be close.

Weltercat
Member # Retired

Post by Weltercat » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:57 pm

Rjones61 wrote:
It's unbelievable how hard the Cats are clinging to this memory.
Really? I think it's the first time I've seen it mentioned here...

"The conservation of natural resources is the fundamental problem. Unless we solve that problem it will avail us little to solve all others." Theodore Roosevelt

rollo_tumasi
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by rollo_tumasi » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:23 pm

My prediction is that our game finishes after the Griz-Bison game which starts a half hour after ours does.

I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.'

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:30 pm

In Overtime:

Cats 50

EWU 43

\:D/

FTG- GO CATS GO!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:31 pm

coachouert wrote:I'm going to keep this short and sweet as I'm slammed trying to leave for a conference. Don't worry, I'll be back Friday night in time for Saturday. This game to me feels like a playoff game mixed with Cat/Griz mixed with Christmas. I'm excited, nervous and bordering on unproductive already and might develop a drinking problem this week...lots of nervous drinking going on.

After last week's game, Devlan and luckyirishguy25 are sitting at the top in a tie. This isn't soccer, so figure it out, fellas. As always, go to http://bobcatnation.com/coachschallenge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and submit your score no later than one hour before kickoff. Once you have made your prediction, come on back here and discuss. As this is a big game and there are sure to be some trolls running around on both sides, we do ask that the discussions remain civil. Remember: opinions are like assholes, we all have one. Good luck and Go Cats!

My prediction:
Eagles: 48
Cats: 49

I don't know how I came up with that, but I'm going with it for now...plus I'm a Cat homer, so deal with it.
I can't believe I'm in first, but I'll take it. \:D/

I think this week is the week that Dakota shows us his "Star Power". He will roast the Eagles through the air and on the ground, he keeps us in it the whole game, but a last minute touchdown by EWU seals the game. 49-47 Eagles. :(

Predicted outcome:
1100+ yards of offense, of which 750+ is passing. 95+ total points. :shock:
I think Brekke, and T-Rod have career days, rushing and receiving. 8)
I think both defenses will look pretty much non-existent after the 1st half. :oops:

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:47 pm

Heres my predictions for EWU

If any of the Central Ark fans where to show up they would not believe its the same crowd cause its going to be bigger louder and def more nasty

EWU will punt twice..........in the first half. VA may have this game circled on his calendar from two years ago but we have an entire defense that has had this game circled and I am pretty sure a whole side of the ball trumps one guy.

Herbert finds the endzone for his first TD as a Bobcat, Marino gets his first sack in FCS play and Knight has his first 100 yard rushing game of the season. Lots of firsts for new faces on the team in this one.

Dakota, well, he will keep being Dakota nuff said

I too feel like this game will be a lot like 2010. Both teams where hot, both teams knew it was a big game, but MSU had something to prove and had a seasoned defense with a chip on their shoulder from the year before that went about as bad as it could and they knew they lost an opportunity to win in 09. This year the defense makes a very large statement and the offense gives them a lead and a chance to go all out.

EWU leaves Bozeman wondering how a team can have such an attitude change in only one year

Cats 38
Flying Rats 20

Sylvester
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Sylvester » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:16 pm

I truly believe even after the last two games, we've yet to see how good we really are. I think the offense will get into a rhythm early and the defense will be nastier and tougher than they have ever been. I may be a Cat homer, but I truly believe EWU 's run of dominance will come to an abrupt halt this Saturday.

EWU- 24
CATS- 52. You heard it here ! Whoop Whoop!