MSU fans DO NOT hate the Griz

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: MSU fans DO NOT hate the Griz

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:50 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
cat_man_08 wrote:I think I hate the grizzlies so much cause Bobby Hauck may hold the title for world's biggest moron
Interesting. I don't hate the Cats. I think it's time we establish a true rivalry, for the betterment of both programs. Instead of the 68-35-5 overall record in UM's favor, I honestly would like to see it split even, with both teams bringing a bunch of snot bubblers into the Griz-Cat game each and every year. Here's to a good Cat recruiting class this year.
It's 27-25 in the last 52 years. Can't get more "rivalry" than that.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Griznationalist » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:33 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
cat_man_08 wrote:I think I hate the grizzlies so much cause Bobby Hauck may hold the title for world's biggest moron
Interesting. I don't hate the Cats. I think it's time we establish a true rivalry, for the betterment of both programs. Instead of the 68-35-5 overall record in UM's favor, I honestly would like to see it split even, with both teams bringing a bunch of snot bubblers into the Griz-Cat game each and every year. Here's to a good Cat recruiting class this year.
Yeah, and it's 20-3 in the last 23 years. Can't get more lopsided than that. Ancient history (68-35-5), or recent history (20-3), I will toast to a good crop of Cats recruits and pursuit of a rivalry tradition.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:10 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
The typical griz fan that post smack on BN is too young or just to dUMb to know anything about how things were before 1989

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:59 pm

I hate UM bandwagon fans...in fact I ask them "...So what year did you go to UM?" when they say that they didn't go there, I ask what school they went to...when they say they didn't go to school I say "figures!~"

2024 Resume dominance

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:01 pm

Neither young, nor dumb. Before 1989 it was 48 Griz wins, 32 Cat wins.

youk36
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by youk36 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:55 pm

Billings_Griz wrote:Also, Mods, can you move this to smack? This has nothing to do w/ Bobcat Athletics. :twisted:
dont like it? then get the hell out of it. is that all you come on here to do is tell the mods to move topics. it has to do with bobcat athletics...honest bobcat fans talking to other honest bobcat fans about their honest hate of the griz

ESGCGC.

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:54 pm

Late December and the only BSC team to discuss on BN is the Griz. Love it!

syvie5
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by syvie5 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:02 pm

Where lies the obsession....I believe it is a few fizzlies with Bobcat Athletics!
Go Cats!

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:52 am

WalkOn79 wrote:It's 27-25 in the last 52 years. Can't get more "rivalry" than that.
Griznationalist wrote:Yeah, and it's 20-3 in the last 23 years.
Well lets do some math here. If the griz have won 20 of the last 23, then before 'the streak' the Cats were ahead 25-7. I'd call that a good run.

And I still HATE the griz. I will never cheer for them and I never have. Watching them get beat by Richmond was just fantastic by me.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:18 am

94VegasCat wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:It's 27-25 in the last 52 years. Can't get more "rivalry" than that.
Griznationalist wrote:Yeah, and it's 20-3 in the last 23 years.
Well lets do some math here. If the griz have won 20 of the last 23, then before 'the streak' the Cats were ahead 25-7. I'd call that a good run.

And I still HATE the griz. I will never cheer for them and I never have. Watching them get beat by Richmond was just fantastic by me.
94VegasCat:

No, before "the streak" the Griz were ahead 48 wins to 32 wins. The all-time record is 68 wins for the Griz, 35 wins for the Cats, and 5 ties. Unlike many Griz and Cat fans, I don't care about streaks. The only reason I even brought up "the last 23 years" (an admittedly cherry-picking snapshot) was because WalkOn79 invented his own cherry-picking snapshot by going back only 52 years (in the post above). In my book, the record is 68-35-5. It's usually Cat fans who want to tinker with that record by saying "yeah, but", etc., "what about the era of 1956 to 1986?", yada, yada, yada. Fine. If you want to mess with the record (68-35-5), isn't it relevant, then, to look at the most recent couple of decades, too (Griz have won 20 of the last 23)? I'd prefer not to argue about that crap. The record is 68-35-5 (and that's a gift, considering the total of 3 wins the Cats have tallied over the past quarter century).

I don't doubt for a second you root against the Griz. The lopsided nature of the record is ridiculous. Frankly, I root for the Cats, because I would love to see a competitive in-state rivalry.

Griznationalist

Cats Back
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Cats Back » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:38 pm

Is it me or have the Griz started another streak? looks like it

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:40 am

Helcat72 wrote:I hate UM bandwagon fans...in fact I ask them "...So what year did you go to UM?" when they say that they didn't go there, I ask what school they went to...when they say they didn't go to school I say "figures!~"
So do you also hate the 35% to 50% of cat fans that are bandwagon fans???

The GRIZ, a quarter century of total football dominance over the cats.

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:32 pm

Eastcoastgriz wrote:
Helcat72 wrote:I hate UM bandwagon fans...in fact I ask them "...So what year did you go to UM?" when they say that they didn't go there, I ask what school they went to...when they say they didn't go to school I say "figures!~"
So do you also hate the 35% to 50% of cat fans that are bandwagon fans???
I've always found MSU's bandwagon moniker interesting as well when you remind them that they have way many more bandwagon fans than does Montana.

Moreover, who are these MSU fans conducting "are you a real Griz?" polls that they constantly reference? I went to nearly every home game when I was a student, had season tickets for four years before I moved to Florida, and wore a lot of Griz gear. Not once did some random pollster ask me to prove my Griz fan credentials. Where and when do these surveys take place?

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:12 pm

The proof that Cat fans are the bandwagon bunch lies in the absolute void, absence, total lack of blue and gold attire. I don't remember how many years its been since I've seen anyone wearing blue and gold, not counting those attending a football game in Bozeman. Honestly, when you think of the Montana gates at the Salt Lake or Minneapiolis airports, you've grown used to seeing about one-third of the people wearing maroon. But you know if the Cats went a few games deep into the playoffs, blue and gold garb would spring up overnight. I remember, because that's what happened in '84, but by '86, the blue and gold disappeared (or went into the closets). That's bandwagon, folks.

catatonic1
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catatonic1 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:28 pm

I've got to disagree, it might have been true 8-10 years ago as the Student Union was selling clothing with smaller and smaller logos. But when we got a coach that started showing a resurgence in our football program the Logos grew with the re-found Pride the team and fans acquired. As we started moving up in the Big Sky Conference and started hitting the playoffs semi regularly logo sales grew propotionally. It may be true that we've stalled a little, but we're far from stopped! The Cat wear on the streets is far beyond what it used to be, as is the CAT Pride state wide!

syvie5
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by syvie5 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:55 pm

Hey you know "it all fizz posters", why are you so obsessed with telling us on the Cat
board what kind of fans we are and where our allegience lies!! Go back to your wonderful
e-fizz and group hug. Good riddance!
Go Cats!

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:31 pm

syvie5 wrote:Hey you know "it all fizz posters", why are you so obsessed with telling us on the Cat
board what kind of fans we are and where our allegience lies!! Go back to your wonderful
e-fizz and group hug. Good riddance!
Go Cats!
There is a reason 'dUMb' and 'grizidiot' go hand in hand........., kind of sad if you think about it................. :cry:

and to top it off, to be one you have to don 'dark pink'............, can it get any worse? :no:

I know, smack is ------------------------------------
Now if the grizidiots in 'dark pink' would only figure that out. #-o

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:28 pm

GOKATS wrote:

and to top it off, to be one you have to don 'dark pink'............, can it get any worse? :no:
Can it get any worse??? Of couse it can, a lot worse. Ask any cat fan. Sucks being a bozo kitty.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:41 pm

Eastcoastgriz wrote:
GOKATS wrote:

Can it get any worse??? Of 'couse' it can, a lot worse. Ask any cat fan. Sucks being a bozo kitty.
I never could figure out the 'joisey' lingo.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:50 pm

Eastcoastgriz wrote:
GOKATS wrote:

Can it get any worse??? Of course it can, a lot worse. Ask any cat fan. Sucks being a bozo kitty.
Make the spelling police happy???