One button BN

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

allcat
Golden Bobcat

One button BN

Post by allcat » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:51 pm

I have had BN set up on my home screen. I cleared all my caches and the icon went away. I don't remember how to get it back. I need a little help from the tech wizards, please.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

kmax
Site Admin

Re: One button BN

Post by kmax » Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:45 pm

I assume you are meaning on your phone? If so, on an iphone open the website in Safari. Click the share button and then choose the option to "Add to Home Screen" and you should get the icon on your home screen looking essentially like an app. On Android I'm not certain as I don't have one to check how to do it but I would assume it is likely similar where opening the site in Chrome either in the three dots menu or in the share menu you have the option to create a shortcut or add to home screen. Maybe someone with an Android phone can fill in the blanks here.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: One button BN

Post by allcat » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:54 am

kmax wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:45 pm
I assume you are meaning on your phone? If so, on an iphone open the website in Safari. Click the share button and then choose the option to "Add to Home Screen" and you should get the icon on your home screen looking essentially like an app. On Android I'm not certain as I don't have one to check how to do it but I would assume it is likely similar where opening the site in Chrome either in the three dots menu or in the share menu you have the option to create a shortcut or add to home screen. Maybe someone with an Android phone can fill in the blanks here.
That worked, thanks. I have an android.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic