A change to Colter's article comment threads

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kmax
Site Admin

A change to Colter's article comment threads

Post by kmax » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:38 pm

I just wanted to alert everyone to a small change we are making to the board structure with regards to the comment threads that get posted to accompany each article that Colter writes.

Previously we had these threads all going into a separate Bobcat Beat forum. We had originally hoped this would make it easier for people to find and comment on Colter's articles but unfortunately it seemed that gained little traction. Instead what ended up happening was Colter had to cross-post each article into the individual sport forum to get it seen which meant anyone looking at the article itself didn't see that a conversation with sometimes many posts was happening on the forum.

So, short story long here, we've decided to cut out the extra step. You may have noticed that Colter has already begun posting the story threads directly the football and basketball forums. I am also in the process of moving all of the old threads from the Bobcat Beat forum to the appropriate sport forums. Once I have all of them moved (it will take a bit, there are a ton of them) I will be removing the Bobcat Beat forum.

If anyone has any questions regarding this change feel free to ask away.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Re: A change to Colter's article comment threads

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:27 pm

Sounds like an exercise in efficiency. Good move

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:55 am

You are never going to make it in government with that kind of attitude KMAX.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:10 pm

allcat wrote:You are never going to make it in government with that kind of attitude KMAX.
:lol: Thanks for making me laugh Allcat! I appreciate levity every now and then... 8)

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: