Dodged a major bullet on Wednesday

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Dodged a major bullet on Wednesday

Post by RickRund » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:10 pm

We just got back from a roughly 3000 mile jaunt in our 5th wheel. Got back on Monday afternoon and through Tuesday were unloading, cleaning, washing part of the 5th wheel...
Wednesday morning at about 8:50, talking to Patti and my speech was slurred and the right side of my face face went numb. A FAST trip to the ER in Coeur d'Alene where they started poking, probing, testing, MRI, CatScan, echocardiogram, blood, etc... Today after two days they said everything is fine and sent me home. The saw where the stroke originated but are not sure what caused it. They do see a touch of blockage in a carotid artery. So now I start the generic lipitor and two baby aspirin for a blood thinner and something for the clot.
Home now and it is so nice to be home. No effects from the stroke. Our diet will change some. Not bad as it is... My Cholesterol had been as high as 250ish and in February was down to 232. Today it is at 175, too high bad Cholesterol and too low good Cholesterol. So things will charge some. But much more exercise.

Listen to your bodies so maybe you don't get to be a statistic. Be careful.....

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Re: Dodged a major bullet on Wednesday

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:14 pm

Glad you’re well! Scary stuff.

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: Dodged a major bullet on Wednesday

Post by catbooster » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:19 pm

Geez. Glad you caught it right away.