Frontier Airlines

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Frontier Airlines

Post by Mr Lisle » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:27 pm

Somehow I thought these folks went out of business....obviously wrong. Do the Bobcats still fly with them? Their website shows Bozeman as a terminal. I watched their CEO being interviewed last night discussing their recent passenger. Really a tough deal to find yourself in. He must have stated they cleaned the plane nine times a dozen times.
Prayers for the nurse who was the passanger.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: Frontier Airlines

Post by MSU01 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:28 pm

No, MSU is no longer using Frontier for its football charters except I believe they flew Frontier to the UNC game last year - Frontier's base is in Denver which presumably reduced the cost a bit for the charter flight. I've always had pretty good experiences flying with them as long as you don't mind the low cost 'get what you pay for' model they have gone to. I have found they often have the lowest fares flying out of Bozeman especially in the peak summer season, and the animal tails are a fun touch on their planes. I can't decide if it's bad luck that they had the Ebola passenger or good luck to get their name out there in the media over and over and over again! Probably a bit of both...

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:35 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:Somehow I thought these folks went out of business....obviously wrong. Do the Bobcats still fly with them? Their website shows Bozeman as a terminal. I watched their CEO being interviewed last night discussing their recent passenger. Really a tough deal to find yourself in. He must have stated they cleaned the plane nine times a dozen times.
The original Frontier went out of business a long time ago...shortly after the airline industry was deregulated in the late 80's. They were defunct for quite awhile before the name was reincarnated, They currently fly into several Montana cities including Billings, Bozeman, Great Falls, and Missoula (I think they're still in Missoula). I heard that they recently pulled out of Billings...not sure if that's really true. They only fly into Great Falls from late spring through early fall.

maroon
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by maroon » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:39 pm

Frontier dropped Billings on January 22, 2013.

http://m.billingsgazette.com/news/local ... touch=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:54 am

I've had good experiences flying Frontier. And with a large family, I always shop price not necessarily carrier. I've traveled to Bozeman a couple times to fly Frontier to places and save a chunk of money over flying out of GF, Helena or Missoula.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:19 am

maroon wrote:Frontier dropped Billings on January 22, 2013.

http://m.billingsgazette.com/news/local ... touch=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I remembered hearing something about that, but I didn't realize it had been that long ago.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:27 am

KittieKop wrote:I've had good experiences flying Frontier. And with a large family, I always shop price not necessarily carrier. I've traveled to Bozeman a couple times to fly Frontier to places and save a chunk of money over flying out of GF, Helena or Missoula.
Frontier flys into GF also, but only from May through September, and only 3-4 days a week. This year they changed to a larger plane (Airbus A319) and I believe their flights have generally been very full, and it's brought airfares down significantly for all the other carriers also. I travel to Boise regularly for business, and those fares are about half of what they used to be...$300-500 versus $600-900. There may be other factors that have contributed to GF's lower fares, but it seems to have coincided fairly closely with when Frontier arrived on the scene.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:23 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:Somehow I thought these folks went out of business....obviously wrong. Do the Bobcats still fly with them? Their website shows Bozeman as a terminal. I watched their CEO being interviewed last night discussing their recent passenger. Really a tough deal to find yourself in. He must have stated they cleaned the plane nine times a dozen times.
I was in Nashville last week and I saw a Frontier plane on the tarmac while I was going to my gate. I thought the same thing -- that they went out of business.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:09 am

No Frontier is still viable, but they were just listed as one of the 5 worst airlines to fly.

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:44 pm

One of my co-workers decided to fly to Salt Lake and drove down to Cody for half the price of flying out of Billings. I heard airfare is pretty good to Denver too. It fries my ass that we here in Billings get raped on airfare when driving a couple of hours south you can save half... Sorry not related to the Frontier topic...

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:59 pm

WeedKillinCat wrote:One of my co-workers decided to fly to Salt Lake and drove down to Cody for half the price of flying out of Billings. I heard airfare is pretty good to Denver too. It fries my ass that we here in Billings get raped on airfare when driving a couple of hours south you can save half... Sorry not related to the Frontier topic...
Hey thanks for that tip - I may have to think about doing that for Denver trips...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

CatRowdy
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by CatRowdy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:18 am

One important aspect to remember regarding Frontier Airlines... .they do not partner with any other airline. Having recently flown with them I found out when our plan had mechanical issues they weren't partners with any other airlines and consequently they would not transfer us to Delta or United even thought those departing flights had plenty of room. In the end we sat for over six hours while they flew a mechanic up from Denver and a new cabin crew. Ironically the mechanic and stewardesses flew United.

Frontier is working closely off the Allegiant business model

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:12 pm

CatRowdy wrote:One important aspect to remember regarding Frontier Airlines... .they do not partner with any other airline. Having recently flown with them I found out when our plan had mechanical issues they weren't partners with any other airlines and consequently they would not transfer us to Delta or United even thought those departing flights had plenty of room. In the end we sat for over six hours while they flew a mechanic up from Denver and a new cabin crew. Ironically the mechanic and stewardesses flew United.

Frontier is working closely off the Allegiant business model
I Loled. Too funny!

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: