Just got a cell phone.....Have a couple of ??

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Just got a cell phone.....Have a couple of ??

Post by RickRund » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:02 pm

When we were in IDAHO for a couple of weeks Patti and our Daughter Lisa thought I needed a cell phone so Lisa gave me on of their "old" phones. A Samsung Exhibit II 4G.
Question 1: Can I listen to radio stations/BOBCAT Games? Or is there an app for scores that would be recommended?
Question 2: I used it to follow BOBCAT NATION while I was in IDAHO. When I went on it asked me about TapaTalk. Is that necessary or does it make it easier?

I am learning but it is slow.

Thanks

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

SaxCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: Just got a cell phone.....Have a couple of ??

Post by SaxCat » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:32 am

For the radio/cat games, the Radiopup app works well to stream XL Country's broadcast.

As for tapatalk...I've never used it on any of my mobile devices and seem to get along just fine.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:55 am

I've been using Tapatalk for a couple years now and will never go back. It's worth the couple bucks price tag. It makes reading forums like this soooo much easier.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:15 pm

tapatalk (android) is free now, has an ad on the bottom like other free apps though.

much easier to navigate the board than a browser on a phone.

I use ESPN's ScoreCenter, It sync with the ESPN account and shows the teams I want (BSC and a few more)

You can drill down and get more info (box score ect..) if you want which I sometiems do after a game is over.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:03 am

You can watch Big Sky TV on your mobile device with the ... WatchBigSky app is what I think its called.

RadioPup for XL Country.

I use Yahoo Sports for scores, find it much better than ESPN. Doesn't really give you real-time stats or anything though, but for just scores it's great.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:24 pm

RickRund wrote:When we were in IDAHO for a couple of weeks Patti and our Daughter Lisa thought I needed a cell phone so Lisa gave me on of their "old" phones. A Samsung Exhibit II 4G.
Question 1: Can I listen to radio stations/BOBCAT Games? Or is there an app for scores that would be recommended?
Question 2: I used it to follow BOBCAT NATION while I was in IDAHO. When I went on it asked me about TapaTalk. Is that necessary or does it make it easier?

Thanks
I don't get the whole Tapatalk thing. I don't find it a good investment at all. All smartphones nowadays can view a full web page quite easily in landscape, so I don't know why you wouldn't just do that. Buy hey, I know everybody has their preferences.

I think in the early days of web-enabled smartphones, people stroked their egos by letting everybody else know they posted from a mobile device.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:13 pm

Tapatalk is easier to read, and it uses less data.

Counter Assault
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Counter Assault » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:04 am

I use Google Chrome browser on my iPhone and can listen to just about anything directly from the broadcast's source page. I assume that is the native browser on Droid phones....

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:22 pm

Cledus wrote:
RickRund wrote:When we were in IDAHO for a couple of weeks Patti and our Daughter Lisa thought I needed a cell phone so Lisa gave me on of their "old" phones. A Samsung Exhibit II 4G.

Thanks
I don't get the whole Tapatalk thing. I don't find it a good investment at all. All smartphones nowadays can view a full web page quite easily in landscape, so I don't know why you wouldn't just do that. Buy hey, I know everybody has their preferences.

I think in the early days of web-enabled smartphones, people stroked their egos by letting everybody else know they posted from a mobile device.
I don't know about stroking egos, most of the programs on the phone had built in signatures, like Tapatalk, and unless you manually changed your settings it would be there every time. I had mine for a while because I was too lazy to change it.

I love Tapatalk. It organizes forum layouts much better than it would on the web, uses less data so the threads load faster, and best of all it remembers the latest post on the thread last time you visited, so when you click on a thread next time it automatically takes you to the latest message in that thread.

It's free now... but I paid for it and was happy with that investment.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast