A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

What should allcat do with his trumpet

Poll ended at Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:19 pm

Give it to MSU
10%
Give it to local school.
70%
Find out where Bracket lives and play reville every morning. Please don't actually vote for this one.
20%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 10

allcat
Golden Bobcat

trumpet

Post by allcat » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:19 pm

I have an older trumpet. Does anyone know if the band owns the instruments? I'm going to give away this trumpet, but I don't know if I should give it to MSU or just go to the local schools.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: trumpet

Post by tdub » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:16 pm

I think the local school option is best. But since you said I can't vote for the 3rd option, I chose to do so just because...

I think you'll benefit a child more by having it in the schools than you would if it was at MSU. By the time anybody in the music program is at MSU, they most likely have their own already. It'd be better to get a young kid to be able to play if the financial obligation is removed.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

SaxCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by SaxCat » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:18 pm

Msu does keep a collection of instruments like trumpets for music education majors so they can learn how to play/teach others to play more than just the instrument they specialize in. It may be worthwhile to give the music department a call since most of the budget for instruments is likely tied up by other bigger ticket items.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:36 am

SaxCat wrote:Msu does keep a collection of instruments like trumpets for music education majors so they can learn how to play/teach others to play more than just the instrument they specialize in. It may be worthwhile to give the music department a call since most of the budget for instruments is likely tied up by other bigger ticket items.

When I played in the jazz band at MSU, we didn't have anyone playing the bass sax. MSU loaned me one so we could have a full ensemble. So they do have some somewhere that can be used when needed.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:41 am

The poll ended with giving it local leading by a lot. I sent them an email offering it to them, but have not heard back yet.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic