MSU volleyball in finals

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: MSU volleyball in finals

Post by aucat » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:54 pm

The tough thing is that MSU has not won a VB championship in 40 years and tonight they had it literally within their grasp
with nice leads, not once but TWICE. What a shame. Would've been a great experience going to the NCAAs. Losing some very good seniors. Not sure this opportunity will come along again soon, but great job by Coach Houk. Heartbreaking loss.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:01 pm

Ouch. Can't imagine what the team must be feeling right now, but they accomplished so much this year. Thanks to the Seniors and here's hoping for a championship season in 2024! This experience will help the team grow, Weber has been there before and it showed in the key moments.

Prodigal Cat

Post by Prodigal Cat » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:04 pm

There are times I hate sports. This week is one of em.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

TheJoeGoldstone
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by TheJoeGoldstone » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:23 pm

Yes, kudos to the team & esp. the seniors. The team’s best year in ages and it should carry forward under Houk. Coming this close to a tournament championship will provide an incentive for next year.

Blue & Gold for 51 yrs

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:25 pm

Wow what a year for this volleyball team. 21 wins, championship game participants, beat the gris to get to keep the Mainline Trophy for the whole rest of the year, and knock the gris out of the tournament. All with a first year coach. Simply a fantastic season.

Well done Cats. I really enjoyed watching this year and can't wait for next year.

uatg
New Recruit

Post by uatg » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:58 pm

What an amazing and exciting season. I attended all home games with my daughter who is an aspiring young volleyball player. I can’t tell you how refreshing it is to watch and cheer for a TEAM and coaching staff that provides such strong role models for not only my daughter, but everyone who attends, watches, and supports them. They embody (as do ALL of our athletes at MSU) the slogan printed on the banner in Shroyer Gym that says: “As Bobcats, we have many traditions. Good sportsmaship is one of them.”

Every game is full of excitement, good competition, and above all, tremendous sportsmanship. We sit behind the ‘Cat bench and see how Coach Hauk and his staff interacts with his players, and it’s a special brand of leadership.

We also watched all of the games on TV this week and what a ride! My heart goes out to the ‘Cats as that’s a tough one to swallow being so close. And since the Weber coach was absent in giving our group any mention of good play in his tv interview, and even making a flippant remark that his team didn’t play very good, I’ll say it here: Y’all deserve more credit than you seemed to get all week, and you should be proud of ALL of your accomplishments and growth through the season. From watching the very first blue-gold scrimmage to this Championship game, I am not surprised in the least that we were in position to take it. I think the best years of MSU volleyball are ahead of us, and thanks to this team for paving the road.

Thanks for such a memorable season. See you next year!!!

TheJoeGoldstone
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by TheJoeGoldstone » Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:37 am

If this has been mentioned, please direct me to the post where it occurred. Do any of this year’s volleyball seniors get an additional Covid year of eligibility?

Blue & Gold for 51 yrs

Catfanatic84

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:59 pm

Hats off to the VB team...remarkable season....Coach Houk and staff and all the athletes on this team did an amazing job. Looking forward to see how this program continues to evolve and compete.

TheJoeGoldstone
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by TheJoeGoldstone » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:18 am

Would someone please tell me, who was the other Bobcat, besides Kira, that made the Big Sky Tournament team?

Blue & Gold for 51 yrs

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:37 am

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:44 am

TheJoeGoldstone wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:37 am
If this has been mentioned, please direct me to the post where it occurred. Do any of this year’s volleyball seniors get an additional Covid year of eligibility?
Excellent question. I know for WBB the three seniors Lexi, KJ and Taylor have the option for another year and at least one of the ladies has said she is in for another year. But haven’t heard a peep if any of VB ladies can or will play another year.