MSU fans DO NOT hate the Griz

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU fans DO NOT hate the Griz

Post by cats2506 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:35 pm

GOKATS wrote:
GrizinWashington wrote:Very grown-up post, GK. :roll:

It matters not if you agree or not. Frankly, I wouldn't expect you to, simply because you're one of those Cat fans I mentioned who hates everything Grizzly, even rational thought. I'm simply trying to explain why that may be. If you don't agree, it's no sh^t off my shingle. Now, if you'd be so kind, please move aside so the adults may continue the discussion beyond the primary school level to which you've taken it.
You're right, after careful consideration I do hate all things griz because of assholes like you. I really had to demean myself and visit efizz just to gather this little bit of info.

GOKATS registered at egriz 07/01/05, previous visit 07/08/08- Total posts 63

grizinwa registered at BobcatNation 10/22/05, previous visit multiple times 12/29/08- Total posts 4,096

Now, take your pitiful Cat envious ass back to your 'dark pink' sh!thole and tell me more about jizz envy........................ ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:41 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
GrizinWashington wrote: Cat fans hate the Griz becase the Griz program is superior in nearly every measurable manner.
As I said in the first post, I don't hate the Griz, I just hate some of things their fans do. I definitely don't feel inferior due to anything measureable. MSU fans have plenty in the bank in terms of measuring success relative to UM. I'm sure UM has some things that it likes to hang its hat on, but here's a list of a few things that I'm happy to keep drawing interest on and that I don't think UM can match.

1-0 in men's basketball championships
3-2 in football championships
1-0 in NFL Hall of Fame inductees. (Stenerud)
Lead the all-time men's hoop series.
11 overall national championships to ???
3-0 in NCAA national football championships coached by former players. (Holland 1 and Erickson 2)
1-0 in former players with Super Bowl rings. (Stenerud)
College All Star game MVPs 1-0. (Kollar, Senior Bowl)
Pro bowl MVP 1-0 (Stenerud)
1-0 in 1st round NFL draftees. (Kollar)
NFL team jersey retired 1-0 (Stenerud, KC)
Pro bowl selections 6-0 (Stenerud)
All-Pro selections 10-0 (Stenerud)
75th NFL alltime team 1-0 (Stenerud)
Saddle bronc world titles 6-0 (Mortenson)
The rodeo team in general.
We have a ski team. (Men's and women's)
4-time Olympian Lance Deal (hammer). Silver medal in 1996.

Based on this tidy list of measureables it's not necessary to hate the Griz due to feeling they are superior to MSU.

(Anyone else think that list would look good on a t-shirt?)
Damn, Tom you do a nice job of putting things in perspective. =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^

BTW, I think that would make a damn fine t-shirt, I'm good for an XL.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Griznationalist » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:43 am

TomCat88 wrote:I've been reading the posts on here the past few days about whether anyone should root for/against UM and if anyone hates UM, etc. I think when emotions run high we have a hard time describing how we feel, so I'm going to take a real bold step and try to speak for every Cat fan out there.

We don't hate the Griz.

We hate sitting here with our team out of the playoffs, while UM is rolling along.
We hate when people go out of their way to bring up good news about UM, while knowing we are feeling down.
We hate having to wait 'til next year.
We hate going out in public and seeing all that Griz gear.
We hate having to dread reading the sports page, because we know there'll be another Griz article in there.
We hate getting flat picked on when we've had enough.
We hate when our UM-fan relatives buy Griz gear Christmas presents for our kids.
We hate being left out in the cold.
We hate waking up in the morning knowing someone is going throw a wet blanket on our day.

But we don't hate the Griz, just all the side dishes that go with it. So have a heart.

Please, feel free to add to my list.
I respect the feelings above. But I think a lot of Cat fans pissed on it (and/or on Tom) and hijacked the thread. Read through the thread again from start to finish if you doubt me. Happy New Year.

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:00 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
GrizinWashington wrote: Cat fans hate the Griz becase the Griz program is superior in nearly every measurable manner.
As I said in the first post, I don't hate the Griz, I just hate some of things their fans do. I definitely don't feel inferior due to anything measureable. MSU fans have plenty in the bank in terms of measuring success relative to UM. I'm sure UM has some things that it likes to hang its hat on, but here's a list of a few things that I'm happy to keep drawing interest on and that I don't think UM can match.

3-0 in NCAA national football championships coached by former players. (Holland 1 and Erickson 2)

Based on this tidy list of measureables it's not necessary to hate the Griz due to feeling they are superior to MSU.

Don't forget that we out number the griz in members of the basketball hall of fame 1-0

IYAACYAS

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:06 pm

CPACAT wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Don't forget that we out number the griz in members of the basketball hall of fame 1-0
Indeed. That'd be one Cat Thompson out of Dixie High School in St. George, Utah, if I'm not mistaken.

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:49 pm

Griznationalist wrote:Indeed. That'd be one Cat Thompson out of Dixie High School in St. George, Utah, if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah it's a bit Johnny-come-lately but a cursory glance at
Tomcat88 wrote:1-0 in former players with Super Bowl rings.
makes me wonder what else is wrong with that list. :oops:

doebrmn
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by doebrmn » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:55 pm

I'm confused, what is wrong with the statement 1-0 former players with SB rings.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:56 pm

TomCat88 wrote: As I said in the first post, I don't hate the Griz, I just hate some of things their fans do. I definitely don't feel inferior due to anything measureable. MSU fans have plenty in the bank in terms of measuring success relative to UM. I'm sure UM has some things that it likes to hang its hat on, but here's a list of a few things that I'm happy to keep drawing interest on and that I don't think UM can match.

This is a good post Tom, and kind of neat when its all put together but really it has nothing to do with why I cheer for the Cats and hate the griz.

I grew up in the Bozeman area, and went to many Cat games until I was about 25 years old. In 1985 I moved out of state, I moved back to Montana a few years later but not to the Bozeman area. From 85 to 2005 I wasn’t able to attend any Cat games and kind of lost interest in Montana college sports in general. When my son got interested and chose the Cats as his team I got back into it and I found that most griz fans were arrogant and ignorant. They know little of the game or of the players involved, it seems like the only thing they know are the overall record against the Cats, and that they have made the playoffs for several years. I have been disgusted and insulted by their lack of respect for the game and the kids that play it.

In the last 3 years I have taken my son to about 13 games, we watch every game through the year and watch most of the griz games too. The experiences with the Bobcat players and coaches we have had have been unbelievably great. My son has personally met many of the players and coaches. They have all been nothing but a 100% class act. As a 10 yr old he faces many kids at school that are “griz fans” they wear the gear and spout off the usual stuff, what he does is ask them questions about their team and they usually don’t even know who they will be playing the next week. On the way to one of the games this fall he was able to correctly name 19 players including their positions and jersey numbers. As a matter of fact we usually know more about the griz players and team that the typical griz fan does. Dont take that as griz envy though because this year we probably knew as much or more about Weber as we did the griz. Basicly we like this level of football and follow the BSC players that excell regaurdless of team. Another reason we dislike the griz is the dirty play and intimidation attempts that they use, I dont blame the players for this as much as I blame their coach and the culture he promotes.

The combination of the ignorance and arrogance of griz fans and their coach and the positive reception we have had from Bobcat players, fans and coaches has firmly set this family in the Blue and Gold and it has correspondingly reinforced out disgust of the maroon and silver.

If DHiW wants a list of what is superior about Bobcat football here is mine

Character of fans
Character of players
Character of coaching staff
Blue and Gold colors don’t suck

HAPPY NEW YEAR CATS

FTG

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:57 pm

doebrmn wrote:I'm confused, what is wrong with the statement 1-0 former players with SB rings.
The only hint you get is Lewiston, ID.

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:59 pm

cats2506 wrote:This is a good post Tom
It's got at least one error in it that came immediately to mind. Let's see if you can figure it out it. Your time machine might not be able to help you this time. Good luck!

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:04 pm

Apparently 2506 missed class the day they described what "objective and measurable" meant.

And by your own description, aren't you a "bandwagon fan"? (Note: not that it makes a bit of difference to me, because I recognize that every team in the country not only has them but actively courts them and I've never understood the term used in a derogative way -- big word, look it up 2506).

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:10 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
cats2506 wrote:This is a good post Tom
It's got at least one error in it that came immediately to mind. Let's see if you can figure it out it. Your time machine might not be able to help you this time. Good luck!

Did Jimmy Farris actually play in the Super Bowl for New England?

http://www.nfl.com/players/jimmyfarris/ ... =FAR719833" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:11 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:Indeed. That'd be one Cat Thompson out of Dixie High School in St. George, Utah, if I'm not mistaken.
WTF

What former um player has a SB ring

Stenerud - SB IV

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:13 pm

cats2506 wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
WTF

Stenerud - SB IV
No more help 2506. You gotta earn it.

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:18 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
WTF

Stenerud - SB IV
Stenerud's Chiefs lost the Super Bowl in '67 and Sam McCullum's Vikings lost in '74, so wtf does "1-0 in former players with Super Bowl rings" mean???

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:21 pm

Griznationalist wrote:Stenerud's Chiefs lost the Super Bowl in '67 and Sam McCullum's Vikings lost in '74, so wtf does "1-0 in former players with Super Bowl rings" mean???
Good question. I'm kind of getting sick of correcting cat fans' lack of knowledge. Maybe it's time to pass the torch GN.
Last edited by tampa_griz on Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:22 pm

GrizinWashington wrote:Apparently 2506 missed class the day they described what "objective and measurable" meant.

And by your own description, aren't you a "bandwagon fan"? (Note: not that it makes a bit of difference to me, because I recognize that every team in the country not only has them but actively courts them and I've never understood the term used in a derogative way -- big word, look it up 2506).
I explaned how I measured it, may DHiW cant read big words.
Bandwagon fan:
Switches support to whatever team/game/allegiance/belief happens to be successful at the time

I have never been a fan of the griz, and never not been a fan of the Cats. Saying that I lost interest in sports and didnt have the opertunity to attend games does not mean that I turned turned my back on them.

I am not a MSU alum, if the qualifies me in you book then I am fine with that, but you wont find that definition of a bandwagon fan by me.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:23 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
WTF

Stenerud - SB IV
Stenerud's Chiefs lost the Super Bowl in '67 and Sam McCullum's Vikings lost in '74, so wtf does "1-0 in former players with Super Bowl rings" mean???
Super Bowl IV Kansas City 23 Minnesota 7

Scoring Information

1 2 3 4 Final

Kansas City Chiefs -
FG Stenerud 48
8:08 into the 1st

Kansas City Chiefs -
FG Stenerud 32
1:40 into the 2nd

Kansas City Chiefs -
FG Stenerud 25
7:08 into the 2nd

Kansas City Chiefs -
Garrett 5 run
(Stenerud kick) 9:26 into the 2nd

Minnesota Vikings -
Osborn 4 run (Cox kick)
10:28 into the 3rd

Kansas City Chiefs -
Taylor 46 pass from Dawson (Stenerud kick) 13:38 3rd

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:25 pm

cats2506 wrote:I am not a MSU alum
OMG. Then all of this boasting about your MSU math credentials is absolute BS?
Last edited by tampa_griz on Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:26 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
WTF

Stenerud - SB IV
Gawd, you are dense, I even said SB IV

IV January 11, 1970 Kansas City Chiefs 23 Minnesota Vikings 7