MSU fans DO NOT hate the Griz

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU fans DO NOT hate the Griz

Post by GOKATS » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:59 pm

Eastcoastgriz wrote:
Eastcoastgriz wrote:
GOKATS wrote:

and to top it off, to be one you have to don 'dark pink'............, can it get any worse? :no:
Can it get any worse??? Of course it can, a lot worse. Ask any cat fan. Sucks being a bozo kitty.
Make the spelling police happy???
Had nothing to do with spelling....................., you 'joisey' folks just don't know anything about aw's (r's), of couse...........

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Griznationalist » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:00 pm

GOKATS wrote:
syvie5 wrote:Hey you know "it all fizz posters", why are you so obsessed with telling us on the Cat
board what kind of fans we are and where our allegience lies!! Go back to your wonderful
e-fizz and group hug. Good riddance!
Go Cats!
There is a reason 'dUMb' and 'grizidiot' go hand in hand........., kind of sad if you think about it................. :cry:

and to top it off, to be one you have to don 'dark pink'............, can it get any worse? :no:

I know, smack is ------------------------------------
Now if the grizidiots in 'dark pink' would only figure that out. #-o
Wow. Where to begin? Do we start with the amazing fact that GOKATS figured out how to spell "dumb," and he made a clever twist on it? I'd be careful with that one (wouldn't want to see sweatshirts made up saying "MSUcks"). Or, do we start with the keen way GOKATS ascertained that maroon is a variation of the primary color red (even though maroon happens to be on the opposite side of the spectrum from red that is the variation known as pink)? I'd be careful there, too, because blue turns into turd brown under the same rationale. But, hey, we can tolerate a little color blindness in a guy sharp enough to come up with the "dUMb" thing, right? Or, should we start with how GOKATS figured out how to use those cute smilie icons (and, in doing so, he has immediately satisfied the requirements of Computer Science 455 at MSU)?

bobcatmaniac
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bobcatmaniac » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:38 am

I repeat...it is nice, gnationalist, that you finally got a computer. You are repeating what has been said many times :roll:
now move on little boy

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:05 am

bobcatmaniac wrote:I repeat...it is nice, gnationalist, that you finally got a computer. You are repeating what has been said many times :roll:
now move on little boy
Repetition, eh? I thought repetition was the rule in here. Think about it.

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:11 am

GOKATS wrote:
Eastcoastgriz wrote:
Eastcoastgriz wrote:
GOKATS wrote:

Can it get any worse??? Of course it can, a lot worse. Ask any cat fan. Sucks being a bozo kitty.
Make the spelling police happy???
Had nothing to do with spelling....................., you 'joisey' folks just don't know anything about aw's (r's), of couse...........
Really, have you ever spent any time in New Jersey? You get south of Newark and the vast majority don't have an accent, North New Jersey is hit or miss. I think you are getting NJ mixed up with MA. As for me I only spent 4 year in the garden state, the vast majority of my life has been in Montana grade school, high school and college. My lovely bride however is a native from New Jersey.

The GRIZ, a quarter century of total football dominance over the cats.

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:57 pm

Nearly five pages in, let's go ahead and bottom-line this:

Cat fans hate the Griz becase the Griz program is superior in nearly every measurable manner.

Frankly, it's good to be hated. That means you're on top. Bring on that hate, Cats!!

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:03 pm

GrizinWashington wrote:Nearly five pages in, let's go ahead and bottom-line this:

Cat fans hate the Griz becase the Griz program is superior in nearly every measurable manner.

Frankly, it's good to be hated. That means you're on top. Bring on that hate, Cats!!
Dream on little broomstick cowboy..................

You may now return to your favorite bong.

FTG!!

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:24 pm

GOKATS wrote:
GrizinWashington wrote:Nearly five pages in, let's go ahead and bottom-line this:

I have to admit, if the roles were reversed, I might hate the other team, too. If my team had won 38 games and lost 65 games against our rival since 1910, and won only 3 games against our rival since 1985, forcing me to contort logic and concoct a gerrymandered three-decade "glory days" period (1956-1985) in which my team had a better-than-.500 record against our rival, just to argue "competitiveness" ... well ... I guess I'd be hating us, too. But I don't think I'd root against my rival except on the one Saturday a season in which we play head-to-head. I like to see Montana teams represent the conference and the western U.S. as strongly as we can. I can honestly say I've never wanted the Cats to lose any game except the Griz-Cat game.

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:53 pm

GOKATS wrote:

I welcome you to prove me wrong. I eagerly await your list of objective areas in which the MSU program is superior to the Griz program.

CapitalCityCat
Member # Retired

Post by CapitalCityCat » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:21 pm

GrizinWashington wrote:
GOKATS wrote:

I welcome you to prove me wrong. I eagerly await your list of objective areas in which the MSU program is superior to the Griz program.
I don't hate them because they're "superior" as you suggest. I hate them because of my dislike of Hauck, their fans, and Missoula in general. There... did I prove you wrong?

Retiring my moniker. It's time to ride off into the sunset. It's been a fun ride. Go Cats.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:33 pm

I've never had any problem with any of the teams or the programs themselves ... but I have definitely been annoyed by some of the obnoxious fans of the program.

I suspect that's all rivalries boil down to ... a healthy dislike of obnoxious people on the other side who actually do think that cheering for a team that wins a game makes them better people.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:02 pm

I completely agree with BAC and CCC. It's not so much the team or even the school, its the fans (insert most griz posters on BN)

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:11 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:I've never had any problem with any of the teams or the programs themselves ... but I have definitely been annoyed by some of the obnoxious fans of the program.

I suspect that's all rivalries boil down to ... a healthy dislike of obnoxious people on the other side who actually do think that cheering for a team that wins a game makes them better people.
This is exactly correct. And I think you would find most Griz would say the same thing about the Cats. Or that most Buckeyes would say the same thing about Michigan fans. Or that most Bama fans would say the same thing about Tiger fans.

But I sense that with Cat fans, there's more to it than that. And I submit that many on this board would agree with me. Many on here seem to hate everything Griz. It's not just a few obnoxious fans who take things too far, it's anything related to the the Griz, to the University of Montana, hell, even to Missoula. I think it's that that Griz fans don't understand, because most of us do not feel that way about the Cats. Therefore, it's my opinion that the hatred comes from a perception of superiority by the Griz.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:26 pm

GOKATS wrote:

I have neither the time nor inclination to play your your mindless little game. As others have stated, it's not really a hate for the team, the players, the program, etc. It's hatred due to obnoxious assholes like yourself who jump in the saddle of whatever horse just won the Derby pretending it was them who rode the horse to victory.

I have many life long friends who are griz fans, but they're not abnoxious, arrogant assholes. Speaking of obnoxious, arrogant assholes, I guess using your logic the fact that BH hates the Cats as much as he does is a good thing- it means the Cats are on top.

FTG!!

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:02 pm

Very grown-up post, GK. :roll:

It matters not if you agree or not. Frankly, I wouldn't expect you to, simply because you're one of those Cat fans I mentioned who hates everything Grizzly, even rational thought. I'm simply trying to explain why that may be. If you don't agree, it's no sh^t off my shingle. Now, if you'd be so kind, please move aside so the adults may continue the discussion beyond the primary school level to which you've taken it.

MSUcantouchus

Post by MSUcantouchus » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:08 pm

I'm late to this party, but want to say I hate the griz. They could be playing Iran and I am not sure I would root for them. Too much bad blood in the past. Too many arrogant fans.

I hate dark pink

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:11 pm

GrizinWashington wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:I've never had any problem with any of the teams or the programs themselves ... but I have definitely been annoyed by some of the obnoxious fans of the program.

This is exactly correct. And I think you would find most Griz would say the same thing about the Cats. Or that most Buckeyes would say the same thing about Michigan fans. Or that most Bama fans would say the same thing about Tiger fans.

But I sense that with Cat fans, there's more to it than that. And I submit that many on this board would agree with me. Many on here seem to hate everything Griz. It's not just a few obnoxious fans who take things too far, it's anything related to the the Griz, to the University of Montana, hell, even to Missoula. I think it's that that Griz fans don't understand, because most of us do not feel that way about the Cats. Therefore, it's my opinion that the hatred comes from a perception of superiority by the Griz.
Do you ever read posts on egriz or talk to any Griz fans? Just curious. If you seriously think that Bobcat fans are more rabid in this regard than Griz fans, start reading and listening a little closer. Start counting how many times insults against the Cats pop up in threads that have nothing at all to do with the Cats. What time is it? Blah, snarl, growl, kitty litter, hate the cats, blah, blah, blah.

You will also find large numbers who rip on Bozeman ... apparently oblivious to the fact that the town and the university aren't the same entity.

You would have a very, very hard time convincing me that Bobcat fans are any different than Griz fans in terms of what you described ... anecdotal evidence certainly doesn't support it. Not only do many Griz fans absolutely understand it ... they embody it just as frequently a Cat fans ... even if they are, in the process, blowing up your "superiority" theory.

I think it's safe to say that it is a minority of both fanbases that go to such extremes as you described, but there are certainly many very vocal Griz fans who do exactly what you described.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:30 pm

GrizinWashington wrote: Cat fans hate the Griz becase the Griz program is superior in nearly every measurable manner.
As I said in the first post, I don't hate the Griz, I just hate some of things their fans do. I definitely don't feel inferior due to anything measureable. MSU fans have plenty in the bank in terms of measuring success relative to UM. I'm sure UM has some things that it likes to hang its hat on, but here's a list of a few things that I'm happy to keep drawing interest on and that I don't think UM can match.

1-0 in men's basketball championships
3-2 in football championships
1-0 in NFL Hall of Fame inductees. (Stenerud)
Lead the all-time men's hoop series.
11 overall national championships to ???
3-0 in NCAA national football championships coached by former players. (Holland 1 and Erickson 2)
1-0 in former players with Super Bowl rings. (Stenerud)
College All Star game MVPs 1-0. (Kollar, Senior Bowl)
Pro bowl MVP 1-0 (Stenerud)
1-0 in 1st round NFL draftees. (Kollar)
NFL team jersey retired 1-0 (Stenerud, KC)
Pro bowl selections 6-0 (Stenerud)
All-Pro selections 10-0 (Stenerud)
75th NFL alltime team 1-0 (Stenerud)
Saddle bronc world titles 6-0 (Mortenson)
The rodeo team in general.
We have a ski team. (Men's and women's)
4-time Olympian Lance Deal (hammer). Silver medal in 1996.

Based on this tidy list of measureables it's not necessary to hate the Griz due to feeling they are superior to MSU.

(Anyone else think that list would look good on a t-shirt?)

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:07 pm

I think it's safe to say that it is a minority of both fanbases that go to such extremes as you described, but there are certainly many very vocal Griz fans who do exactly what you described.
I agree 100%.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:25 pm

GrizinWashington wrote:Very grown-up post, GK. :roll:

It matters not if you agree or not. Frankly, I wouldn't expect you to, simply because you're one of those Cat fans I mentioned who hates everything Grizzly, even rational thought. I'm simply trying to explain why that may be. If you don't agree, it's no sh^t off my shingle. Now, if you'd be so kind, please move aside so the adults may continue the discussion beyond the primary school level to which you've taken it.
You're right, after careful consideration I do hate all things griz because of assholes like you. I really had to demean myself and visit efizz just to gather this little bit of info.

GOKATS registered at egriz 07/01/05, previous visit 07/08/08- Total posts 63

grizinwa registered at BobcatNation 10/22/05, previous visit multiple times 12/29/08- Total posts 4,096

Now, take your pitiful Cat envious ass back to your 'dark pink' sh!thole and tell me more about jizz envy........................ ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

FTG!!