MSU fans DO NOT hate the Griz

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU fans DO NOT hate the Griz

Post by tampa_griz » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:28 pm

cats2506 wrote:Gawd, you are dense, I even said SB IV

IV January 11, 1970 Kansas City Chiefs 23 Minnesota Vikings 7
So you're saying that former MSU vs. UM pllayers are still 1-0 in SBs? There's them "I wish I as an alum of anyone's math requirements" at play again.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:30 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
cats2506 wrote:I am not a MSU alum
OMG. Then all of this boasting about your MSU math credentials is absolute BS?
Where did I boast about MY MSU math credentials, I have just maintained that UM has poor math credentials, in fact someone (me) with a degree from one of the MT directional schools has proven time and again that they have better math skills than the typical dUMb grad.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

whitetrashgriz
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by whitetrashgriz » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:31 pm

jimmy farris has a ring with the pats.

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:36 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
cats2506 wrote:Gawd, you are dense, I even said SB IV

So you're saying that former MSU vs. UM pllayers are still 1-0 in SBs? There's them "I wish I as an alum of anyone's math requirements" at play again.
yeah, I do wish I would have had the money to go for 4 years, but that besides the point.

What um former player has a SB ring. maybe there was, I dont know

Its funny that you just realized that Im not an alum and think it is somthing big. Its not really news if you go back to some of my posts.

tell me TG was it an epiphany for you

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:37 pm

whitetrashgriz wrote:jimmy farris has a ring with the pats.
Thanks

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:42 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Thanks
Someone had to help you out bandwagon. Tell me, what school did you attend that is known for its mathematical prowess? I only ask because the Computer Science program at Montana made me take Calculus I, Calculus II, Discrete Math I, Discrete Math II, Linear Mathematics, Probability, and one more math course at 300 or above for a math minor. I love math so I'm curious.

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Griznationalist » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:46 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:Indeed. That'd be one Cat Thompson out of Dixie High School in St. George, Utah, if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah it's a bit Johnny-come-lately but a cursory glance at
Tomcat88 wrote:1-0 in former players with Super Bowl rings.
makes me wonder what else is wrong with that list. :oops:
WTF

What former um player has a SB ring

Stenerud - SB IV
No more help 2506. You gotta earn it.
Stenerud's Chiefs lost the Super Bowl in '67 and Sam McCullum's Vikings lost in '74, so wtf does "1-0 in former players with Super Bowl rings" mean???
Gawd, you are dense, I even said SB IV

There goes the insecure one again (Cats2506). I never disputed Stenerud's ring in '70. I said his team lost in '67. And McCullum's lost in '74. Get it, Einstein? So my question was, what does "1-0 in former players with Super Bowl rings" mean? Do you have an answer, bile breath (Cats2506)?

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:50 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
Thanks
Someone had to help you out bandwagon. Tell me, what school did you attend that is known for its mathematical prowess? I only ask because the Computer Science program at Montana made me take Calculus I, Calculus II, Discrete Math I, Discrete Math II, Linear Mathematics, Probability, and one more math course at 300 or above for a math minor. I love math so I'm curious.

Since this is such a surprise to you, here is a post from shortly after I joined the board.

http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/vi ... 61#p144861" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow all that math and you still cant count :wink:

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:57 pm

Nice 'catch' WTG. There may be some other UM grads with SB rings since they give them to the executives and practice squad players. So maybe UM has more SB rings in that regard. I'll have to word that more carefully next time.

Did Farris play in the Super Bowl or did he just get a ring for being on the practice squad? He's not on the SB roster for that game that I'm looking at and while NE does have him listed as having been on the team in 2001, his stats show no games played.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:01 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Nice 'catch' WTG. There may be some other UM grads with SB rings since they give them to the executives and practice squad players. So maybe UM has more SB rings in that regard. I'll have to word that more carefully next time.

Did Farris play in the Super Bowl or did he just get a ring for being on the practice squad? He's not on the SB roster for that game that I'm looking at and while NE does have him listed as having been on the team in 2001, his stats show no games played.
I found the same results for Farris, but he did receive a ring so they must give one to everyone associated with the team. He got the ring for the Pats 2001 SB win but he has no stats until 2003.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:04 pm

TomCat88 wrote:

:rofl: OK so he was not on the roster but was on the practice squad of a team that won a SB.

comparing that to a player that was not only on the roster but a major contributer in the win.

giving TG a bone :roll:

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:11 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
cats2506 wrote:I hate their ignorant fans......
Oh geezuz 2506. I've corrected you on so many occasions I've lost count. We're not ignorant, we're arrogant. Please keep the rationale for your Griz envy on the same page mmm'kay?
There you go with that counting problem again :lol:

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:18 pm

Marty Mornhinweg has a Super Bowl ring.

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:21 pm

cats2506 wrote:comparing that to a player that was not only on the roster but a major contributer in the win.

There's no way Stenerud was a Super Bowl MVP. That never happened. Keep dreaming.

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:23 pm

cats2506 wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
cats2506 wrote:I hate their ignorant fans......
Oh geezuz 2506. I've corrected you on so many occasions I've lost count. We're not ignorant, we're arrogant. Please keep the rationale for your Griz envy on the same page mmm'kay?
There you go with that counting problem again :lol:
If that's your idea of math it's probably a good thing that you flunked out at MSU.

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:34 pm

If that's your idea of math it's probably a good thing that you flunked out at MSU.
And it's also a good thing he's completely nonathletic, because their APR couldn't have handled the additional hit.

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:35 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
cats2506 wrote:comparing that to a player that was not only on the roster but a major contributer in the win.

There's no way Stenerud was a Super Bowl MVP. That never happened. Keep dreaming.
Never said MVP, but 11 of 23 points I would consider a major contributor, dawson was the MVP

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:41 pm

cats2506 wrote:Never said MVP
Yes you did. And you said that a former Montana player had never earned a Super Bowl ring. That's what's awesome about this board. Not only can you change your own argument.....

No wonder you couldn't hack at Montana. You couldn't even get it done at MSU.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:46 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
Yes you did. And you said that a former Montana player had never earned a Super Bowl ring. That's what's awesome about this board. Not only can you change your own argument.....

Okay, I'm just trying to sort out this mess ... but I'm not seeing where he said MVP, either. Can you quote it for our convenience?

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:48 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:

Okay, I'm just trying to sort out this mess ... but I'm not seeing where he said MVP, either. Can you quote it for our convenience?
I don't think cats2506 ever called Stenerud an MVP. He just called me a bunch of names.