Bracket group

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bracket group

Post by RickRund » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:35 pm

Did anyone pick Oakland to beat Kentucky?

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

RickRund wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:35 pm
Can't believe I was rooting for a team called the gizzlies... :lol:

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:46 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm
RickRund wrote:
Can't believe I was rooting for a team called the gizzlies... :lol:
=D^ =D^ =D^

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by TIrwin24 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:29 am

RickRund wrote:
I had Kentucky winning the whole thing. Busted day 1, as predicted :lol:

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:34 am

TIrwin24 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:29 am
RickRund wrote:
At least they played later in the day so it wasn't busted after game 3? :lol: :lol:

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:26 pm

Next to last in the Bobcat Nation pool, but look who's 1st in Colter's pool!!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:22 pm

Still first in Colter’s group. :)

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Prodigal Cat

Post by Prodigal Cat » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:59 am

TIrwin24 wrote:
RickRund wrote:
While I feel sorry for your bracket getting ruined, I couldn’t be happier with UK getting shown the door. Greg Sankey, the SEC commissioner went on record complaining about AQ team from lower conferences earning a seed. He said they just aren’t competitive. He felt LSU AND Ol Miss should get spots instead of the AQs. Then Yale knocked out the SEC tourney winner Auburn. Miss St, Florida, and South Carolina all lost. Getting his Karma big time.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:08 am

TIrwin24 wrote:
RickRund wrote:
I had the Cats, so busted before it started.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:16 pm

tdub wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:00 am
kmax wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:34 pm
I have a sweet BobcatNation hat I'll donate and send to the winner (or runner up should I magically not lose 3 of my final four teams the first weekend like usual and come out on top). One of only 8 like it! Be the envy of all your friends! :lol:
Might as well embroider my name on the sucker right now…

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:00 am

Post-bracket interview:

Jim Nantz: We go down to the court where Tracy Wolfson has our champion. Tracy down to you.

Tracy: Thanks Jim. What a huge upset, tdub, can you describe your emotions right now?
tdub: First, I’d like to give all glory to God, for putting me in a position to make such great picks. And I’d really like to give a shoutout to MSUBobcats98 and his bracket for such a great battle at the end and a wonderful bracket.

Tracy: Tell me about those last few moments, as the bracket was winding down.
tdub: I was just thinking about all those around me that supported my picks. Without them, none of this happens

Tracy: You shared a special moment with kmax immediately after the last pick was secured. Can you tell me about that?
tdub: Ya, it was a special moment. kmax just let me know how he was so proud of me for calling my shot early, and how dang good I’m gonna look in the BN hat.

Tracy: That must’ve been special…speaking of calling your shot, what was going through your mind when you did that?
tdub: Just confidence that I’d put in all the time and effort. Nobody sees the work behind the scenes, my hundreds of failed brackets. So many never made it out of the first round. But something about this bracket was special, it felt different than all the others, I just knew with all the work put in it wouldn’t get stopped.

Tracy: Some are calling your win in @Colter_Nuanez’s bracket a bigger upset than the U.S. beating Russia in the 1980 Olympics. Can you speak to that?
tdub: Sure…nobody gave me a chance. They said a wrestler that knows virtually nothing about basketball could ever win a bracket. I was here to prove them wrong. So I didn’t pick all the best picks, I just picked the right ones.

Tracy: Well congratulations tdub. Go enjoy that hat. Back to you Jim.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:42 am

tdub wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:00 am
Post-bracket interview:

Jim Nantz: We go down to the court where Tracy Wolfson has our champion. Tracy down to you.

Tracy: Thanks Jim. What a huge upset, tdub, can you describe your emotions right now?
tdub: First, I’d like to give all glory to God, for putting me in a position to make such great picks. And I’d really like to give a shoutout to MSUBobcats98 and his bracket for such a great battle at the end and a wonderful bracket.

tdub: I was just thinking about all those around me that supported my picks. Without them, none of this happens

Tracy: You shared a special moment with kmax immediately after the last pick was secured. Can you tell me about that?
tdub: Ya, it was a special moment. kmax just let me know how he was so proud of me for calling my shot early, and how dang good I’m gonna look in the BN hat.

Tracy: That must’ve been special…speaking of calling your shot, what was going through your mind when you did that?
tdub: Just confidence that I’d put in all the time and effort. Nobody sees the work behind the scenes, my hundreds of failed brackets. So many never made it out of the first round. But something about this bracket was special, it felt different than all the others, I just knew with all the work put in it wouldn’t get stopped.

Tracy: Some are calling your win in @Colter_Nuanez’s bracket a bigger upset than the U.S. beating Russia in the 1980 Olympics. Can you speak to that?
tdub: Sure…nobody gave me a chance. They said a wrestler that knows virtually nothing about basketball could ever win a bracket. I was here to prove them wrong. So I didn’t pick all the best picks, I just picked the right ones.

Well done!
Now, let's see your "One Shining Moment" video. lol

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:58 am

HelenaCat95 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:42 am
tdub wrote:
Post-bracket interview:

Well done!
Now, let's see your "One Shining Moment" video. lol
Oh yeah…I forgot that

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:05 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:39 am

tdub wrote:
Post-bracket interview:

In honor of Masters week, that (the post, not the lucky ass bracket) deserves….

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Prodigal Cat

Post by Prodigal Cat » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:48 am

Congrats Tdub but I'm protesting. The La Mancha screw job against my pick of the Vols making it to the final four kept me from hoisting the trophy.

No great work. Uconn just destroyed everyone.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

snowxlt
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by snowxlt » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:15 am

Took 9th overall in Colters group----Ky was my Achilles heal for losing so many points!!

Congrats tdub on winning Colters ESPN bracket =D^ =D^ =D^

With the win comes the spoils....maybe like extra garbage empty per week this year....Extra dump run :D
Last edited by snowxlt on Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

96 Engineering and 99 Education

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:31 am

Wait....what?! I didn't win? WTF?

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:45 am

Had my typical tournament run. Was at like 80% after week 1 and ended up 2nd to last! :lol:

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

MSUBRONCO

Post by MSUBRONCO » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:55 am

11th with paying no attention to most of teams ok not bad