Cats vs Grambling

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Cats vs Grambling

Post by technoCat » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:21 pm

8-15 from the line...
13-30 from the arc...
8 points off 11 turnovers vs 23 off 12...
Not gonna lie, this hurts bad. Who knows if we will ever make it back in my lifetime and we've squandered probably our best chance to ever get a win in the dance.... it'd be one thing to just get beat but to have a 14 point lead and just fall apart. Feel so bad for Ford. Did everything that he could possibly do and no one could step up for him...

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:23 pm

technoCat wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:21 pm
8-15 from the line...
13-30 from the arc...
Not gonna lie, this hurts bad. Who knows if we will ever make it back in my lifetime and we've squandered probably our best chance to ever get a win in the dance.... it'd be one thing to just get beat but to have a 14 point lead and just fall apart. Feel so bad for Ford. Did everything that he could possibly do and no one could step up for him...
He should have had last shot in regulation

Sports is not bigger than life

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:27 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Crabycat wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:13 pm
Prodigal Cat wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:02 pm
tetoncat wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:52 pm
Good start but golly the ball gets stuck when it goes to walker. 12-9 first time out
Yeah really hurting his team right now. 🙄
We need a few more people to hurt them with 10 pts and 2 rebounds on 5-6 shooting
Yep, finished with 4 more, he is a decent player but needs more than the spin move, needs to kick out when they double or triple.
Games we consistently went into him I still say offense was more stagnant. Not a great defender or rebounder. Would have liked to see he and Olmstead at same time.
Was surprised last play didn't go thru Ford.
I thought Walker should have passed it back to Goracke for a 3 instead of driving inside. He hadn't had any luck driving inside since the first half.

2024 Resume dominance

chainbreaker
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by chainbreaker » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:45 pm

Grambling made some big plays/shots. They deserved to win the game.
Bobcats fought hard, great effort. Missed some shots, and those turnovers really hurt, not even getting a shot up on too many possessions in 2nd half.

Quite proud of THIS Bobcat team led by Ford, Logie, Olmsted, and crew. Great efforts by Turner, Walker, Goracke, Patterson, Lecholat. Just didn't end up like we all had hoped it would.

Thank you to the Bobcat seniors Robert Ford III and John Olmsted. Great effort through the season and down the stretch. Thanks for playing for the Bobcats! You made us proud!
All in all it is still a great day to be a Bobcat!

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:51 pm

It will be interesting to see how Grambling does against Purdue. I think it will be similar to how we would have done. But the fact is, the Bobcats made it to the NCAAS for the third straight year and we will have another banner to hang. Not many other institutions can say that they have hung three straight NCAA banners!

SCVBobcat
New Recruit

Post by SCVBobcat » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:03 pm

MinnesotaBobcat wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:24 pm
Cats just playing way too tight down the stretch. Nobody but Ford wants the ball.
This. I've seen this from so many Big Sky champs through the years when they get to the big tourney. Several Griz games come to mind. Seems like a coach in the big tourney needs to be as good at psychology as X's and O's. But I want to thank this Bobcat team for the great March run that was so much fun to watch. Robert Ford III will forever be one of my favorite Bobcats.

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:11 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:23 pm
technoCat wrote:
8-15 from the line...
13-30 from the arc...
My guess is that's not how they drew it up. Walker probably thought he had an easy drive to basket, but Grambling did a good job of collapsing. That shot should have been Ford's or Goracke's

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 pm

aucat wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:51 pm
It will be interesting to see how Grambling does against Purdue. I think it will be similar to how we would have done. But the fact is, the Bobcats made it to the NCAAS for the third straight year and we will have another banner to hang. Not many other institutions can say that they have hung three straight NCAA banners!
First Big Sky team to go to the NCAA Tournament three years in a row in over 40 years. Tonight is disappointing but the journey the team went on to get here when nobody but themselves thought they could do it far outweighs this one result. The team should be immensely proud of what it accomplished this year, I know I'm proud of them.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:16 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:11 pm
tetoncat wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:23 pm
technoCat wrote:
8-15 from the line...
13-30 from the arc...
My guess is that's not how they drew it up. Walker probably thought he had an easy drive to basket, but Grambling did a good job of collapsing. That shot should have been Ford's or Goracke's
Looked to me like Walker tried to kick it out to Patterson but the defender got in the way, then Walker had to go to the hoop. Decent look, just didn't fall. Credit MSU for defending the ensuing play well to force OT.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:22 pm

Cats and Dogs wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:20 pm
Grambling is the better team imo! Hope they play well against Purdue!
Fun that the Cats made it!!
Grambling did what they had to do and yes they were the better team tonight. The way the cats played the last few games however, including 2\3 of the game tonight, I think the Cats are probably a better team. In other words I think the Cats beat them 7 times out of 10. Just my humble opinion of course. One other factor working against them was Turner being sick... and it showed. No excuses though, and great way to overcome early season issues and come together.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:51 pm

Cofer was the player that carried the momentum for them. 19 points off the bench. Timely shot after shot.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:03 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:51 pm
Cofer was the player that carried the momentum for them. 19 points off the bench. Timely shot after shot.
Ya, never good for the opposing team when a sleeper player like that explodes and gets their career high.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:05 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:03 pm
Common Cat wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:51 pm
Ya, never good for the opposing team when a sleeper player like that explodes and gets their career high.
Tip of the cap to him. He made some unreal shots. Went 7-9. Ended our season. But there is more. We went tight. We needed Patterson not to go 1-8. Guys passing on open looks, and a rash of turnovers. Terrible way to end it.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:51 pm

This game felt so much like the football game against NDSU. Cats were in control for 75% of the game, went to OT and lost. Sometimes that’s just the way sports goes.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:05 pm

We have got to learn to play with a lead. When you're up by double digits, part of me shouldn't assume we're going to blow it.
We saw this too many times this year.

That being said, Logie coached this team through the rafters this year. He was a fantastic hire and I think he's proven he pretty much knows what he's doing. Clean up some situational basketball and tweak a few things and I think we're in for a good ride with him.
Looking forward to seeing him bring in his guys and maintain the status of this program. He was put in an impossible situation and this was a monumental outcome.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:10 am

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:06 pm

We came so close ! Watching other games today and I'm like, we could hang with those guys.. Ask that question 5 or 10 years ago and what would the answer have been? Go Cats!!

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:14 pm

technoCat wrote:
8-15 from the line...
13-30 from the arc...
I was hoping not to see the February Cats again this year. Dangit! Rob, you were outstanding! too bad you had foul trouble and couldn't guard down the stretch like you wanted to.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:19 pm

We lost the exact same way we've been winning in March. Ironic.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:06 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:19 pm
We lost the exact same way we've been winning in March. Ironic.
From a comeback standpoint yes, but a lot of what happened was Ford getting third foul and sitting and we committed turnovers (he had a couple when back in but damage was done), then getting 4th and Grambling attacked him time after time. It wasn't that Grambling started drawing a bunch of shots. First half we went up 9 back to tied back to up 11. So second half similar. Smaller run they came back we just didn't respond as well. Still had last shot to win.

Sports is not bigger than life