Bracketology

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bracketology

Post by MSU01 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:45 pm

MinnesotaBobcat wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:11 pm
I guess that overall I just don’t understand why they even came up with NET rankings, as they were supposed to clarify the seeding process. However, the process still makes little sense to me, and in many cases it looks like they are just throwing darts, and giving the benefit of the doubt to power 5 conferences.
The NET rankings are one of many things they use when picking and seeding teams, but as fans we probably overvalue the NET because that's the only thing we can do a quick Google search and look at to easily compare teams. Throwing darts is exactly what they're doing when it's so impossible to predict exactly who will beat whom on any given day once the tournament starts. The MWC outside of San Diego State certainly appeared to have been underseeded this year, but it'll be up to those teams to prove they deserved to be higher.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:16 pm

No disrespect to Grambling, but this is a winnable game

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Au Blue
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Au Blue » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:43 am

On the Dan Patrick show this morning, Jay Bilas said "Purdue has the easiest route for a #1 seed... they're not facing a team that can uptempo them, turn them over, which I think is one of the problems they may face"

Jay's not familiar with Robert Ford III and the Cats. He will be soon enough.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:48 pm

Au Blue wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:43 am
On the Dan Patrick show this morning, Jay Bilas said "Purdue has the easiest route for a #1 seed... they're not facing a team that can uptempo them, turn them over, which I think is one of the problems they may face"

I don't follow college basketball much any more, and especially not ESPN, but I've always considered Jay Bilas a front-runner. He's not exactly the type to show respect to the opponent of the blue blood until after they win.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:06 pm

Au Blue wrote:

Yeah, If I was Logie I'd send Ford to steal the ball from Edey everytime he touches it.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:12 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:48 pm
Au Blue wrote:

I don't follow college basketball much any more, and especially not ESPN, but I've always considered Jay Bilas a front-runner. He's not exactly the type to show respect to the opponent of the blue blood until after they win.
I mean come on, is he wrong? If he spent 20 minutes watching film, he'd still think Purdue should win by 20 against MSU. And if he spend more than 20 minutes watching film, he might see that MSU lost to Rocky Mountain College, and after he found out where RMC was, he would think Purdue should win by 50. There's always a chance for an upset, but even with the heater MSU has been on lately, this would be one of the most unlikely upsets ever. I'm still throwing a few bucks down on the Cats though. :wink:

Au Blue
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Au Blue » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:40 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:12 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:48 pm
Au Blue wrote:

I mean come on, is he wrong? If he spent 20 minutes watching film, he'd still think Purdue should win by 20 against MSU. And if he spend more than 20 minutes watching film, he might see that MSU lost to Rocky Mountain College, and after he found out where RMC was, he would think Purdue should win by 50. There's always a chance for an upset, but even with the heater MSU has been on lately, this would be one of the most unlikely upsets ever. I'm still throwing a few bucks down on the Cats though. :wink:
I wish I would've put down a few bucks on Fairleigh Dickinson last year.