Brawl 3.0: MSU vs that other team

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Desert_Bobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Brawl 3.0: MSU vs that other team

Post by Desert_Bobcat » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:16 pm

Man what a season! If you had told in December that be this would be the ‘chipper I’d ask you what makes you like those bears so much!! 😉😏
In all honesty though, whatever happens Wednesday night, this season cannot be seen as anything other than a MASSIVE victory. I saw myself as one of the optimists and not a naysayer preaching doom and gloom early on but I didn’t see championship game in the first year.
Massive respect for the players and coaches for putting it together when it matters most. This exposure so early in Logie’s tenure here only increases the likelihood of quality players to come though the Brick to play for the Cats

Now to business. I have a hard time calling this an ok matchup for the Cats. The post play of Olmsted certainly gives MSU more post presence than in the first 2 matchups. What do we think needs to happen for the Cats to pull one last rabbit out of their hats???

lv2hoop
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Brawl 3.0: MSU vs that other team

Post by lv2hoop » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:27 pm

It will take a complete team effort on both ends of the floor. Play like there's no tomorrow (because there really isn't) and just play to win and have fun. The Cats are playing with house money at this point, so that should be worth a couple of baskets.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:36 pm

We need to beat the griz and win our NCAA first four game to have a .500 record. To me that would be perfect.

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:57 am

Cat/gris day

Go CATS!!!
FTG

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:58 am

FTG

If your left, you aren’t right.

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:43 am

Seemed like the gris crowd was pretty light compared to the Cat’s last night, anyone there confirm?

MinnesotaBobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MinnesotaBobcat » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:00 am

Really curious to see how this game plays out. When these teams played in Missoula the Cats were playing some of their worst basketball of the season, and was pretty much their rock bottom part of the season.

Since then our bench has been playing better, Lecholat and Olmsted have emerged, and Goracke has gotten out of his funk.

I was worried about the minutes our guards have played in the tournament, but looking at the box scores the Grizzly guards have played just as much. Grizzlies missed a lot of open shots last night, and the Bobcats did too in the second half. I’d like to see the Cats attack the rim a bit more because the outside shots might be a little hard to come on a third night in a row and tired legs. Getting Okie or Thomas in foul trouble would be great!

nanacat

Post by nanacat » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:07 am

It'll be a battle for sure! Cats are sure peaking at the best time. Gris are good for sure, and bested the Cats twice this season. But tourneys are a whole new season and the Cats are playing at a different level. It's hard to beat a good team three times. Not saying the gris can't do it, they have the talent, but will they overlook the Cats due to their previous wins? Are they cocky and arrogant and going into the game overconfident? Guess we'll see tonight. Hoping for a Bobcat victory for sure! Go Cats!! 💙💛

aucat

Post by aucat » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:57 am

Obviously, if we play like we did against Weber in the second half we will win. But that's a tall order. I expect a competitive game.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:03 am

Should be a hell of a game. Last I saw this morning the Cats were getting 6.5. I think I'd take the points.

Cats are playing much better basketball than even our last meeting with the Griz. I'm not nearly as worried about their bigs as I was the last two times, though that is still their strength against us.

The one that always scares me is Moody. That dude is a hell of a player and seems to shine in the big moments. We keep him from going off and I like our chances.

Really looking forward to this game and win or lose I don't know how anyone could say this season wasn't a great success. The job this staff and players have done this year has been remarkable.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:15 am

Is MSU sending down a bus of fans, there are a lot of empty seats in the arena?

If your left, you aren’t right.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:28 am

In honor of the '86 team. POOOOOR GRIZZLIES!!!!

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:34 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:15 am
There's a big MSU crowd but most of them seem to be sitting on the side of the arena across from the benches that the TV cameras don't show. If you watch the YouTube videos of Keaton's radio broadcast you can see and hear them very well.

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:36 am

Bobcat Social | Wednesday, March 13, 6:30-8:30 p.m. MT
Fire up your Bobcat spirit before the Men's Championship game. Appearances from the Spirit of the West Pep Band, MSU Spirit Squad and Champ.

Parrilla Grill and Cantina (Downtown Location)
503 W. Idaho Street, Boise, Idaho

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:42 am

Just noticed the 9:30 PM start time for this one...it's going to be a long night!

HighPlainsBobcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by HighPlainsBobcat » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:07 am

Preview of the Grizz crashing and burning tonight

HighPlainsBobcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by HighPlainsBobcat » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:13 am

MSU01 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:34 am
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:15 am
There's a big MSU crowd but most of them seem to be sitting on the side of the arena across from the benches that the TV cameras don't show. If you watch the YouTube videos of Keaton's radio broadcast you can see and hear them very well.

School tix have us sitting behind the bench. Not the best view for opposite end play, but not the worst either. One of the players told us after Monday’s game that “between the band, cheer squad, and fans it felt like a home game!”
Last edited by HighPlainsBobcat on Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:14 am

MinnesotaBobcat wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:00 am
Really curious to see how this game plays out. When these teams played in Missoula the Cats were playing some of their worst basketball of the season, and was pretty much their rock bottom part of the season.

Since then our bench has been playing better, Lecholat and Olmsted have emerged, and Goracke has gotten out of his funk.

I was worried about the minutes our guards have played in the tournament, but looking at the box scores the Grizzly guards have played just as much. Grizzlies missed a lot of open shots last night, and the Bobcats did too in the second half. I’d like to see the Cats attack the rim a bit more because the outside shots might be a little hard to come on a third night in a row and tired legs. Getting Okie or Thomas in foul trouble would be great!
Hopefully the nutritionist has them flushing the lactic acid out of their system to keep those legs a bit fresher. Tart, cherry, or turmeric and other supplements seem to work really well. Makes a huge difference the older I get.
Early in the season, I didn’t think the men played with much fire or Desire. The one thing that’s been fun about the tournament they seem to be playing with a better attitude and moving the ball better.

hilinegrizfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hilinegrizfan » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:22 pm

Griz by 10, pretty easily. win the BSC for the second time in the same school year and the crush the spirit of the cats in the same swing of the bat. Glorious.

Dbrewmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dbrewmsu » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:35 pm

hilinegrizfan wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:22 pm
Griz by 10, pretty easily. win the BSC for the second time in the same school year and the crush the spirit of the cats in the same swing of the bat. Glorious.
Ha
You funny