Big Sky Conference Tournament - Skyline Sports

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Big Sky Conference Tournament - Skyline Sports

Post by Prodigal Cat » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:21 pm

PSU hits a 3 at the buzzer to lose by 6. That matters to some. #badbeats

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:24 pm

Good day today for the state of Montana! Cats, Griz, Cats, Griz

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:12 am

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:38 am

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:06 am

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:45 pm

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:54 pm

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:07 am

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:09 am

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:44 am

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:00 am

Quick question for @Colter_Nuanez and any of the other Big Sky history buffs around here. All week and even last night after the game most media outlets have mentioned that the only other team to win 3 straight tourneys was Weber State (77-80). But I have seen Colter write numerous times that the Cats will be/are the first team to do it since Idaho in 80-83. Looking at the past champions listing on the Big Sky website it does appear that Idaho was postseason champ those 3 years, so what is the difference and disconnect here? Doesn't really matter, just seemed odd to me that almost everyone else was following the only Weber has done it line except Colter and the champions listing seem to back up his view.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:05 am

kmax wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:00 am
Quick question for @Colter_Nuanez and any of the other Big Sky history buffs around here. All week and even last night after the game most media outlets have mentioned that the only other team to win 3 straight tourneys was Weber State (77-80). But I have seen Colter write numerous times that the Cats will be/are the first team to do it since Idaho in 80-83. Looking at the past champions listing on the Big Sky website it does appear that Idaho was postseason champ those 3 years, so what is the difference and disconnect here? Doesn't really matter, just seemed odd to me that almost everyone else was following the only Weber has done it line except Colter and the champions listing seem to back up his view.
According to this Wiki site: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Sky_C ... tournament, Weber won it in 78, 79, and 80. Idaho won it in 81 and 82, but then Weber was champs again in 83. That's all I got....

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:16 am

Camo_Cat wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:05 am
kmax wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:00 am
According to this Wiki site: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Sky_C ... tournament, Weber won it in 78, 79, and 80. Idaho won it in 81 and 82, but then Weber was champs again in 83. That's all I got....
Interesting. Seems to be some contention about the 82-83 season then. Big Sky conference past champions page: https://bigskyconf.com/sports/2008/6/5/ ... aspx?id=30&

Shows Weber and Nevada tied for the regular season but Idaho won the postseason championship. Yet that wiki shows Weber beating Nevada in a championship game. :shrug:

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:26 am

Very interesting...

This site shows that Weber was the Big Sky representative for the 83 NCAA tourney: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_NCAA ... tournament

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:48 pm

Probably worth mentioning the refs were rather good all week imo. They actually let the players decide the outcomes of the games. CatBot approves.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:25 pm