Danny & The Aggies

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Re: Danny & The Aggies

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:27 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:55 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:02 pm
TIrwin24 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:58 pm
Just wait until he has to go live in the sh!thouse that Seattle has become. It'll make Bozeman and Logan seem like Shangri La.
Have you been to the parts of Seattle that people who make $4 million/year live in?
:lol:
UW campus ain't that far from downtown, and he'll be there every day. Don't know if I'll ever go back to Pikes, the Space Needle or a Mariner's game.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:41 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:27 pm
tetoncat wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
TIrwin24 wrote:
Just wait until he has to go live in the sh!thouse that Seattle has become. It'll make Bozeman and Logan seem like Shangri La.
Have you been to the parts of Seattle that people who make $4 million/year live in?
UW campus ain't that far from downtown, and he'll be there every day. Don't know if I'll ever go back to Pikes, the Space Needle or a Mariner's game.
OK. Danny will live in a mansion in the wealthiest area of Seattle and will probably have his own driver to take him to and from home to the UW campus every day, an area which is only dangerous if you allow yourself to be overrun by the roving bands of college students that tend to congregate in the area. Something tells me he'll be fine, especially after surviving the blighted hellscape that is the LA area for almost 20 years earlier in his career.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:33 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:41 pm
grizzh8r wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:27 pm
tetoncat wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
TIrwin24 wrote:
OK. Danny will live in a mansion in the wealthiest area of Seattle and will probably have his own driver to take him to and from home to the UW campus every day, an area which is only dangerous if you allow yourself to be overrun by the roving bands of college students that tend to congregate in the area. Something tells me he'll be fine, especially after surviving the blighted hellscape that is the LA area for almost 20 years earlier in his career.
Fair point there. If I never set foot in LA again, it would suit me fine.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:08 am

You guys should talk to people that live in those places.

It's funny. People "don't believe the media" but then believe the media when it comes to what Seattle/Portland/Minneapolis have become. Remember how the media....tends to overdramatize everything. For clicks.

Au Blue
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Au Blue » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:04 am

Geez... our family travels to Seattle twice a year to attend Mariner's games. We stay downtown and walk to T-Mobile all the time. I'm telling my kids we're cancelling this year's trips because it's too dangerous. I also just survived a walk through downtown Spokane after the NCAA tourney games on Friday night. This was after advisement from family who lives in the area to avoid walking downtown before and after the games.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:26 am

lutecat wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:08 am

It's funny. People "don't believe the media" but then believe the media when it comes to what Seattle/Portland/Minneapolis have become. Remember how the media....tends to overdramatize everything. For clicks.
Last year we went to Seattle for the weekend to attend the NCAA Women's tournament regional and got warned by multiple people here in Montana that going there was a horrible idea and the city is a total hellhole. In reality, had a great time as I have whenever I've visited there - yeah there are a lot of homeless people in some areas but all you have to do is just walk on past them and go about your business. Off to Portland this weekend for this year's tournament and am getting the same warnings from the same people!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:34 am

MSU01 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:26 am
lutecat wrote:

Last year we went to Seattle for the weekend to attend the NCAA Women's tournament regional and got warned by multiple people here in Montana that going there was a horrible idea and the city is a total hellhole. In reality, had a great time as I have whenever I've visited there - yeah there are a lot of homeless people in some areas but all you have to do is just walk on past them and go about your business. Off to Portland this weekend for this year's tournament and am getting the same warnings from the same people!
Yep I was in Seattle and Chicago this year. Walked all over, and used public transportation. Never felt uncomfortable, let alone unsafe. Two of my favorite cities.

rfischer94
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by rfischer94 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:39 pm

lutecat wrote:

:goodpost:

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:00 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:34 am
MSU01 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:26 am
lutecat wrote:

Yep I was in Seattle and Chicago this year. Walked all over, and used public transportation. Never felt uncomfortable, let alone unsafe. Two of my favorite cities.
I visited Minneapolis recently, and everything went smoothly. Similarly, during this past summer, I spent time in downtown Atlanta and felt perfectly safe, despite the presence of many homeless individuals. Walking around at night posed no concerns for me.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:02 pm

So it's all made up? I have heard from a LOT of people that have visited all those cities (LA, San Fran, Seattle, Portland) recently and the general consensus is that yes they have gone way downhill in recent years in terms of being cool, fun places to visit. I've heard mainly a lot dirtier, rude people, more crime, etc. Not true? I went to Seattle two years ago and it seemed fine for the most part but way more homeless people and dirtier, not as fun as I remember from 20 years ago.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:13 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:02 pm
So it's all made up? I have heard from a LOT of people that have visited all those cities (LA, San Fran, Seattle, Portland) recently and the general consensus is that yes they have gone way downhill in recent years in terms of being cool, fun places to visit. I've heard mainly a lot dirtier, rude people, more crime, etc. Not true? I went to Seattle two years ago and it seemed fine for the most part but way more homeless people and dirtier, not as fun as I remember from 20 years ago.
It’s probably true to some degree or maybe certain areas of the city. We hit up pikes Place, went to the Seattle center, walked around downtown, went to a Mariners game, and i just didn’t notice it other than seeing more tarps and shelters set up under the overpasses.

Increased Traffic was a much bigger annoyance on my trip.

TIrwin24

Post by TIrwin24 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:38 pm

MSU01 wrote:
TIrwin24 wrote:
Yeah, It's called Bellevue or Kirkland. The problem is the homeless and drug tents and garbage that you drive through between those places and the University (which has also gone significantly downhill as well).

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:19 pm

Some of the comments on Seattle and Portland are pretty ridiculous. Seattle has bad areas and good areas just like most larger cities in the US. I am sure Danny will be in a much nicer part of the city than a worker at McDonalds.

As for the comments about nothing is wrong in these cities, these posters are purposely trying to not see the problems. Problems such and crime, homelessness, drug use, gangs, etc are well documented in Seattle, Portland, LA, Chicago, San Fran, etc. I was in SLC outside Pioneer Park near the Delta Center. It is basically taken over by homeless and drugs. You can actually smell human feces on certain days.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:34 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:19 pm
Some of the comments on Seattle and Portland are pretty ridiculous. Seattle has bad areas and good areas just like most larger cities in the US. I am sure Danny will be in a much nicer part of the city than a worker at McDonalds.

As for the comments about nothing is wrong in these cities, these posters are purposely trying to not see the problems. Problems such and crime, homelessness, drug use, gangs, etc are well documented in Seattle, Portland, LA, Chicago, San Fran, etc. I was in SLC outside Pioneer Park near the Delta Center. It is basically taken over by homeless and drugs. You can actually smell human feces on certain days.
Nobody is saying that nothing is wrong in these cities and all of the things you mentioned are indeed major issues, but overall I still feel safe walking around Seattle or Portland or Chicago as long I stick to well-trafficked areas where there are plenty of other people around. San Francisco is easily the worst I've seen in terms of the homeless and drug use, but if you're there as a tourist it's still quite easy to avoid the worst areas if you've done your research beforehand and know where they are. Most of the city is still a fantastic place to visit. But saying that Danny will regret moving to Seattle for a job with a $4 million yearly salary because there are a lot of homeless people in certain areas is absurd.

Au Blue
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Au Blue » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:40 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:19 pm

Nobody stated that "nothing is wrong", but to broadly paint the entire city as a sh!thouse is unnecessary and nothing but fear mongering. I could point out pockets of Bozeman, Billings, Missoula, and Helena that aren't favorable. The crime, homelessness, drug use are well documented in each city.

TIrwin24

Post by TIrwin24 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:40 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:34 pm

Nobody is saying that nothing is wrong in these cities and all of the things you mentioned are indeed major issues, but overall I still feel safe walking around Seattle or Portland or Chicago as long I stick to well-trafficked areas where there are plenty of other people around. San Francisco is easily the worst I've seen in terms of the homeless and drug use, but if you're there as a tourist it's still quite easy to avoid the worst areas if you've done your research beforehand and know where they are. Most of the city is still a fantastic place to visit. But saying that Danny will regret moving to Seattle for a job with a $4 million yearly salary because there are a lot of homeless people in certain areas is absurd.
Perhaps if you lived near Seattle you'd have a different opinion. I live 80 miles north of Seattle and we get the trailings from that city and it's gotten awful.
Your 'tourist' analysis is absurdly naïve

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:02 pm

TIrwin24 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:40 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:34 pm

Perhaps if you lived near Seattle you'd have a different opinion. I live 80 miles north of Seattle and we get the trailings from that city and it's gotten awful.
Your 'tourist' analysis is absurdly naïve
Edit

Not gonna go there as much as I want to