MBB vs ISU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Desert_Bobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: MBB vs ISU

Post by Desert_Bobcat » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:56 pm

It’s January and the Cats still cannot break a simple break. Very concerning

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:57 pm

Yep, missing those 2 front ends hurt, but he also sat Ford too long and why in a made FT do Cats not hurry instead of letting them set up press.

Sports is not bigger than life

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:58 pm

I'll be eligible to join AARP by the time this game ends.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:59 pm

And why do we leave Walker In a certain FT situation has to be someone on bench that can shoot them.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:00 pm

Went to end of shot clock at about 7 minutes and offense played poorly from then on.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:04 pm

MSU doing absolutely everything they can to blow this. STOP FOULING, LET THE CLOCK RUN

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:10 pm

Nice win! I was fully prepared for a 6-8 win season after the team got gutted and then frantically put together but Logie is doing a heck of a job with this group of players that has a talent gap in almost every game they play.

4-2 in conference now and on track for a .500 season.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:12 pm

Every game has been entertaining. :) Go Cats, keep putting forth the effort.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

saintcat40
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by saintcat40 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:20 pm

Did anyone hear any news about Eddie Turner?

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:25 pm

saintcat40 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:20 pm
Did anyone hear any news about Eddie Turner?
All that was said on the TV broadcast was that he was out for the game.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:29 pm

Things I didn't expect a month ago: MSU is tied for third in the Big Sky and ahead of Weber by 1.5 games in the standings.

Desert_Bobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Desert_Bobcat » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:41 pm

Gritty win by this team. By no means is this a good win though. Cats up 16 with 5 to go and they let off the gas. Granted, with foul trouble like they had, you’re probably forced to limp it home which I have no issue with.

Breaking the press is still a massive issue. No movement off their initial cuts and passing the ball straight into the corner to get trapped. If ISU was a better team they probably win that game

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:45 pm

Desert_Bobcat wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:41 pm
Gritty win by this team. By no means is this a good win though. Cats up 16 with 5 to go and they let off the gas. Granted, with foul trouble like they had, you’re probably forced to limp it home which I have no issue with.

Breaking the press is still a massive issue. No movement off their initial cuts and passing the ball straight into the corner to get trapped. If ISU was a better team they probably win that game
Any win is a good win for a team that most thought would be lucky to win 8-9 games all season. Especially after the Rocky game. Logie will be able to bring in players each year to fit his system and it won’t be Portal Patchwork like this season.
Last edited by PapaG on Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:05 pm

Job 1 against Idaho State is get Braden Parker in foul trouble-check. Curry and his crew love to call the ticky-tacks so Parker had no chance. He had fouled out before ISU made their run. Both teams were absolutely dead-especially the starters. Both teams missed 10 free throws because they had no legs.

Our bench, who did nothing against the griz, showed up tonight. Lecholat had a lot energy, got boards, 4 assists and 5 points before fouling out. Geron played a lot of minutes. Jed Miller came in after Ford's 4th foul and didn't turn it over. He also hit 4 big free throws.

Despite losing to Rocky and Green Bay, this team has a realistic chance at a winning season-which should get Logie coach of the year consideration. Long ways to go though.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:22 pm

Green Bay isn't as bad of a loss as it seemed at the time, they're 12-9 and 7-3 so far in the Horizon League. MSU is #260 in the KenPom ratings and GB is #213. Good opportunity for MSU to get at least one road win this week as neither PSU or Sac are all that good this year. Would be nice to have one or two more days off to rest up but the schedule is what it is!

Furious George
New Recruit

Post by Furious George » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:44 pm

FFS... was at the game. Must have been new whistles night for the Refs. Ford's flagrant was an instant "my bad" from him to the Bengal but clearly unintentional on the location. Turner out was a mystery in the Brick too.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:08 am

coachouert wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:57 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:45 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:39 pm
Oh ****** off, Eric Curry.
Who was the poster that had “Eric Curry makes me sad” in his signature line?
I feel like it was @CatBlitz once upon a time…could be mistaken though?
*Ahem* - that would be me. It was @CatBlitz that Curry tossed from a Bobcat MBB game almost 20 years ago when we were both in student section. That was the genesis of my extreme dislike of Eric Curry, and it's only been reinforced in the years since.

Just finished watching the game (ESPN+ replay is a beautiful thing when you have young kids that expect dad time between supper and bedtime...).

Fun game until ISU realized they had to ugly it up to try to get the win. That last 10 minutes was slow as molasses. Aside from Mr Curry's phantom flagrant foul call in the first half on an inbounds play (I swear he invents a new way to screw the Cats every time he's in Bozeman), and completely blowing an out of bounds call in the second half, I really couldn't argue with many of the foul calls down the stretch. Except Geron's 4th. That was Academy Award level acting by the ISU guard... that said, if anything, there were probably more that could have been called.

The hack fest at the end sort of overshadowed a great defensive effort by the Cats to completely neutralize ISU's best offense players and force Kiree Huie to make free throws.

4-2 in confy with a frantically assembled roster? I'll take it. Logie can coach...!

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:11 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:08 am
coachouert wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
*Ahem* - that would be me. It was @CatBlitz that Curry tossed from a Bobcat MBB game almost 20 years ago when we were both in student section. That was the genesis of my extreme dislike of Eric Curry, and it's only been reinforced in the years since.

Just finished watching the game (ESPN+ replay is a beautiful thing when you have young kids that expect dad time between supper and bedtime...).

Fun game until ISU realized they had to ugly it up to try to get the win. That last 10 minutes was slow as molasses. Aside from Mr Curry's phantom flagrant foul call in the first half on an inbounds play (I swear he invents a new way to screw the Cats every time he's in Bozeman), and completely blowing an out of bounds call in the second half, I really couldn't argue with many of the foul calls down the stretch. Except Geron's 4th. That was Academy Award level acting by the ISU guard... that said, if anything, there were probably more that could have been called.

The hack fest at the end sort of overshadowed a great defensive effort by the Cats to completely neutralize ISU's best offense players and force Kiree Huie to make free throws.

4-2 in confy with a frantically assembled roster? I'll take it. Logie can coach...!
My bad! Knew it was one of the veterans of BN.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:39 am

Furious George wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:44 pm
FFS... was at the game. Must have been new whistles night for the Refs. Ford's flagrant was an instant "my bad" from him to the Bengal but clearly unintentional on the location. Turner out was a mystery in the Brick too.
That was one of the weirdest calls I've ever seen. The ref standing right there thinks nothing of it, Ford apologizes and the ISU player laughs it off, but Curry has to run in from half court and call for the review. At least he got his screen time I guess.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:19 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:08 am
coachouert wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
MSU01 wrote:

HA! I was at that game maybe a few feet away from you guys because I had a front row seat to that ejection. Even after 20 years of "maturation" (my wife would argue that's a very loose term with me) I KNOW I would get the boot from Curry if I attended a Bobcat game live that he officiates. There is no way I could keep my mouth shut, that guy is just plain AWFUL!
Last edited by RobertCats on Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.