Binford, Logie & Robert Ford III on rivalry game

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Binford, Logie & Robert Ford III on rivalry game

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:09 pm

Brian Holsinger, Lady Griz head coach - 0:48

Tricia Binford, Montana State head coach - 11:00

Dani Bartsch, Lady Griz junior forward – 20:41

Travis DeCuire, Montana head men’s basketball coach – 28:34

Matt Logie, Montana State men’s basketball coach – 36:10

Aanen Moody, Montana senior guard – 49:59

Robert Ford III, Montana State senior point guard – 56:27

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Binford, Logie & Robert Ford III on rivalry game

Post by aucat » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:16 pm

Is it just me? It appears that the interest in this year's Cat-Griz basketball games is very low. I will be interested to see what kind of attendance we get. After reading the in-depth analysis by Parker Cotton in the Chronicle, I didn't realize just how short handed the Lady Cats are. I guess it's just an overall downer when you are big underdogs on your own home court, not to mention you still have the sour taste of the Griz having blown you out by 30 points in football. I think our men will keep it competitive, I really do. I don't give our women much chance of an upset.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:14 pm

aucat wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:16 pm
Is it just me? It appears that the interest in this year's Cat-Griz basketball games is very low. I will be interested to see what kind of attendance we get. After reading the in-depth analysis by Parker Cotton in the Chronicle, I didn't realize just how short handed the Lady Cats are. I guess it's just an overall downer when you are big underdogs on your own home court, not to mention you still have the sour taste of the Griz having blown you out by 30 points in football. I think our men will keep it competitive, I really do. I don't give our women much chance of an upset.
Relatively low interest indeed, I think MSU fans are still a little bummed out over Sprinkle's departure and the ensuing roster implosion. The UM program has also been down the last few seasons compared to their usual standard with quite a few bad losses such as last week's blown lead against UNC.

The women's team has really been hit hard with three post players all out at the same time. Best case scenario, Dykstra gets healthy by Boise and nobody else gets hurt. The good news of course is that the regular season became a lot less meaningful when the Big Sky went to the neutral site tournament with all teams qualifying. It will be fun to watch the freshmen play and see how they can progress even though it will be a bumpy ride for sure. Binford will earn her salary this year, big time!

CatRowdy
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by CatRowdy » Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:06 pm

aucat wrote:
Classic post for you! Kudo's for you saying the men will keep it competitive, but throwing in the towel on the ladies so early? The ladies have shown a hell of a resilience and ability to stay in the game even shorthanded. I've been very impressed with their persistence and tenacity to play hard and better than anything play as a team! This years team seems to be able to cover each other, something I haven't seen in a while.

Yesterday you posted you thought both teams had a good chance of winning; what changed?

CatRowdy

Post by CatRowdy » Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:08 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:14 pm

The women's team has really been hit hard with three post players all out at the same time. Best case scenario, Dykstra gets healthy by Boise and nobody else gets hurt. The good news of course is that the regular season became a lot less meaningful when the Big Sky went to the neutral site tournament with all teams qualifying. It will be fun to watch the freshmen play and see how they can progress even though it will be a bumpy ride for sure. Binford will earn her salary this year, big time!
What's going on with Dykstra, she's out until Boise?? That's horrible news! I haven't seen the team mention anything about her; if she's out until Boise no wonder!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:32 pm

CatRowdy wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:08 pm
MSU01 wrote:

What's going on with Dykstra, she's out until Boise?? That's horrible news! I haven't seen the team mention anything about her; if she's out until Boise no wonder!
The article I read was pretty vague about the injury and recovery time. I wasn't saying she's out until Boise necessarily, more that I hope she's healthy by then.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:13 pm

CatRowdy wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:06 pm
aucat wrote:
Classic post for you! Kudo's for you saying the men will keep it competitive, but throwing in the towel on the ladies so early? The ladies have shown a hell of a resilience and ability to stay in the game even shorthanded. I've been very impressed with their persistence and tenacity to play hard and better than anything play as a team! This years team seems to be able to cover each other, something I haven't seen in a while.

Yesterday you posted you thought both teams had a good chance of winning; what changed?
I thought I answered that question in my post. I read an in-depth article in the Bozeman Chronicle by Parker Cotton. I knew about SOME of our injuries but didn't realize it was as severe as it is. Anyway, my butt will be in the seats in the Brick rooting for the Cats (though yes, I'm not optimistic.) Will you have your butt there?

CatRowdy

Post by CatRowdy » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:20 pm

aucat wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:13 pm

I thought I answered that question in my post. I read an in-depth article in the Bozeman Chronicle by Parker Cotton. I knew about SOME of our injuries but didn't realize it was as severe as it is. Anyway, my butt will be in the seats in the Brick rooting for the Cats (though yes, I'm not optimistic.) Will you have your butt there?
Thinking I'll bring more than my butt!

CatRowdy

Post by CatRowdy » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:23 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:32 pm
CatRowdy wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:08 pm
MSU01 wrote:

The article I read was pretty vague about the injury and recovery time. I wasn't saying she's out until Boise necessarily, more that I hope she's healthy by then.
Got it! Well I certainly agree with you! Hopefully she is back well before than.