MBB at Eastern

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: MBB at Eastern

Post by Common Cat » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:58 pm

It gives me great joy when we beat EWU in anything. About time our men had a win against them.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

Wrangler
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Wrangler » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:01 pm

I didn't mean to infer anything negative about Tyler. We are incredibly fortunate to have him, When his shot is falling, he has no equal in the Big Sky. Furthermore, he is a very solid overall player. In my opinion, however, Frey is the key cog in the wheel. He makes things happen. He pushes the ball down the court, is not afraid to drive the lane, or pop out to take the open 3. He is never hesitant to step up when we need a big basket or a key steal. I agree that we are "blessed with two great guards". If Kirby keeps improving at the rate that we have seen in the past week, the "Sky" is the limit.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:12 pm

I was sitting close to the court and could really feel the intensity and desire of the players in this game.
It was great to see that the Cats could respond with the degree of defense that EWU threw against Hall.

And I disagree that he was sick or tired. He made some key steals, got some good rebounds, and played
tough D.

Great win for the Cats. Harold Frey was fabulous and it was good to know his Dad was in the stands.

Think back on the last three games: close loss to a UM team that really played great here; a big win at league-leading
UNC on the road, then this win against EWU (a team that whipped UM earlier.)

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:20 am

Tyler played with the heart of a lion. Scoring isn't his only asset. Great game from the whole team. Looking forward to the tournament as we may be able to see more than one men's game.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:00 am

I just couldn't get over how athletic Kirby looked. Kid has some mad hops for 6'11"! I really wish we could play him at the 4 with Haruna at the 5.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:29 pm

There is no denying Tyler halls talent, obviously.

But this team will go as far as Frey can take them. When he is playing like he was against ewu, this team is night and day better.

And yeh, Kirby has been a very pleasant surprise this season, really taking a big step forward, especially the last couple games.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:32 pm

technoCat wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:00 am
I just couldn't get over how athletic Kirby looked. Kid has some mad hops for 6'11"! I really wish we could play him at the 4 with Haruna at the 5.

Question-

What is the deal with haruna?! He never plays, he looks like a big dude. Is he a senior? Just not any good? Does he have a redshirt they are trying to use or something? I don’t get it...?

FTG- GO CATS GO!

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:44 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:32 pm
technoCat wrote:

Question-

What is the deal with haruna?! He never plays, he looks like a big dude. Is he a senior? Just not any good? Does he have a redshirt they are trying to use or something? I don’t get it...?
If you figure that out you win a prize! Been the question of the season. Just seems like playing him gives us so many more options.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

phantom
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by phantom » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:39 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:32 pm
technoCat wrote:

Question-

He's a big dude and looks great coming out of the tunnel for warmups. Beyond that, he's just not good enough to take minutes away from Kirby and/or Sam.

MSmith1968
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by MSmith1968 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:55 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:29 pm
There is no denying Tyler halls talent, obviously.

But this team will go as far as Frey can take them. When he is playing like he was against ewu, this team is night and day better.

And yeh, Kirby has been a very pleasant surprise this season, really taking a big step forward, especially the last couple games.
From a coaches view- Frey gets his shots because of the way they guard Hall. The scouting report was take Hall away via the Eastern coach which makes it 4 on 3. When they guard Frey that way, he did not handle it very well. They compliment each other and this team will go as far as they both take them. What is even greater is that Hall and Frey are willing to play the role each defense throws at them even if it means giving up individual scoring. This team continues to get better...and they are fun to watch.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:18 pm

Russell Daniels is starting to come along, which is going to take some pressure off of Frey.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:23 pm

I like the looks of this group. Fora while we had Hall and a sprinkling of others. Then came Frey. Then Neumann. Then Kirby and Blevins and now Daniels. Hopefully I didn't leave anyone out or misname some. Bottom line is the CATS are not a one man team anymore. Sure, they are not worldbeaters but they aren't bad...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:40 pm

RickRund wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:23 pm
I like the looks of this group. Fora while we had Hall and a sprinkling of others. Then came Frey. Then Neumann. Then Kirby and Blevins and now Daniels. Hopefully I didn't leave anyone out or misname some. Bottom line is the CATS are not a one man team anymore. Sure, they are not worldbeaters but they aren't bad...
Ladan Ricketts has made a difference as well. He can really shoot it and teams know it so he keeps a defender very occupied.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:06 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:40 pm
RickRund wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:23 pm
Ladan Ricketts has made a difference as well. He can really shoot it and teams know it so he keeps a defender very occupied.
Thanks BelgradeBobcat... Not sure how I missed Ladan. And a Park High kid too...

msubobcats@outlook.com

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:05 am

Ummm, Lassi?

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:56 am

CelticCat wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:18 pm
Russell Daniels is starting to come along, which is going to take some pressure off of Frey.
At least defensively...offensively he has to work on his game!

2024 Resume dominance

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:57 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:05 am
Ummm, Lassi?
:o :o :o
Hey, I am 72. My memory is not what it once was...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

msubobcats@outlook.com

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:36 pm

RickRund wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:57 am
grizzh8r wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:05 am
Ummm, Lassi?
:o :o :o
Hey, I am 72. My memory is not what it once was...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Howdy old timer! ...I just turned 70! lol

2024 Resume dominance