MBB vs Eastern

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: MBB vs Eastern

Post by Common Cat » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:40 pm

Hey does anybody have a conspiracy theory around here?

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB vs Eastern

Post by Helcat72 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:49 am

Helcat72 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:18 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:03 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:49 pm
As soon as Bonton and our other recruit left the program two years ago I think the program has been in trouble. Fish searched for months for a power forward or center that could walk and chew gum at the same time and player after player declined his offer. Every viable team in the league seems to be able to come up with all the players they need, but we never do. Is it our coach? Or is it the curse of the Bobcats. We need a coach like Choate for Basketball, and an exorcist!
I'll say this-I was at the game today-a few rows up behind the Bobcat bench. Fish was coaching his rear-end off. He was as sweaty as the players. The players were responding to his coaching. They were working their tails off. But no matter what they did-Eastern had a guy with no vowels in his name nail a three with the clock running down over and over and over again. We've hashed it over ad-nauseum. MSU is good at some things. Men's basketball just isn't going to be one of them.
Maybe that's just how it's going to be. I wonder if the pressure at MSU is just too high. Everytime I watch a Cats game, especially in person, I have this overwhelming feeling of doom that usually is not put to bed until they have won. In most cases the feeling comes to fruition. They are so predictable in losing. I have never heard of any team in the Big Sky who has blown as many leads as the Bobcats. Almost everytime they go out to a lead.... they get tight and blow it. How many times has this happened in the last 20 years? There has to be a reason for it. It can't be personnel or coaching all the time. Its beginning to look like a habit. Like they are waiting for the other shoe to fall...
.I have to admit, I can't help feeling that way!

2024 Resume dominance