MBB vs Eastern

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

MBB vs Eastern

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:31 am

Hall will set the record this afternoon....hoping for a W to go along with the record. Eastern's shown they can be tough at home, so Cats will have to shoot well. Let's go Cats!!

msu_agfan
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: MBB vs Eastern

Post by msu_agfan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:38 am

It appears to be on SWX which will be great for me. 3pm Mountain time.

Here's the game notes. https://msubobcats.com/documents/2019/1 ... tes_19.pdf

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:45 am

We've lost the last 6 against the Eagles when we are at their court. We will have to play solid to get a win.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:25 pm

Congrats Tyler!!! Pretty amazing!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:58 pm

Three points down at the half and two eagles hot and shooting out their _$$. They don't stay hot and things look good for the 'Cats.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:10 pm

Everything ewu throws up goes in.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:13 pm

They shot 58% in the first half. Don't think they can keep it up but now they are at 61%...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:20 pm

Everyone seems to RIP the nets against us. What's up with that? I think the teams in the league know that if they make a run at our lead, we will wilt.

We held on against Idaho, but they are at the bottom of the league. Look at who we've beaten....they are all at the bottom. Very disappointing.

2024 Resume dominance

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:43 pm

msu_agfan wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:45 am
We've lost the last 6 against the Eagles when we are at their court. We will have to play solid to get a win.
Make it 7. :evil:

It's like I said earlier, I think we're a middle of the pack Big Sky team.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:47 pm

catatac wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:43 pm
msu_agfan wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:45 am
Make it 7. :evil:

It's like I said earlier, I think we're a middle of the pack Big Sky team.
Other than Southern Utah, who we beat in our first game when we had high hope's, our wins have been against the bottom three teams. It's looking to me as if we are in the bottom third of the league.

2024 Resume dominance

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:26 pm

I really don't know how we stayed as close as we did. Eastern couldn't miss. And we made them shoot some contested 3s, or made their 3rd or 4th option shoot. We played hard, I felt. We will know if we are a middle of the pack team or bottom third here in the next two weeks. The game was fun to watch, and that is 90 percent of basketball for me.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:41 pm

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:44 pm

Is there a program that is less clutch than the Bobcats? Men or women. With the game on the line they will miss. Every. Freaking. Time.
Blevins chances of hitting the game tying three there was about .000001%. And if he had EWU would have gone on a 10-0 run in OT anyway.
I just can't anymore...another race to the bottom.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:48 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:20 pm
Everyone seems to RIP the nets against us. What's up with that? I think the teams in the league know that if they make a run at our lead, we will wilt.
Good teams often get the win before they even take the floor. When the Bobcats are on the schedule other teams see that as a great opportunity to get a win and they play accordingly. Years and years of bad to mediocre has done that. We don't scare anybody even with the best player in program history on our team. We played well against UNC and EWU-both those teams played better against us.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:39 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:44 pm
Is there a program that is less clutch than the Bobcats? Men or women. With the game on the line they will miss. Every. Freaking. Time.
Blevins chances of hitting the game tying three there was about .000001%. And if he had EWU would have gone on a 10-0 run in OT anyway.
I just can't anymore...another race to the bottom.
I hear you! Have had season tickets since the 80's. Decided not to this year and almost feel vindicated. Sorry to say.....

2024 Resume dominance

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:44 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:39 pm
I hear you! Have had season tickets since the 80's. Decided not to this year and almost feel vindicated. Sorry to say.....
I didn't even have to make this-obviously some Bobcat fan out there feels the same way.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:49 pm

As soon as Bonton and our other recruit left the program two years ago I think the program has been in trouble. Fish searched for months for a power forward or center that could walk and chew gum at the same time and player after player declined his offer. Every viable team in the league seems to be able to come up with all the players they need, but we never do. Is it our coach? Or is it the curse of the Bobcats. We need a coach like Choate for Basketball, and an exorcist!
Last edited by Helcat72 on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2024 Resume dominance

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:03 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:49 pm
As soon as Bonton and our other recruit left the program two years ago I think the program gas been in trouble. Fish searched for months for a power forward or center that could walk and chew gum at the same time and player after player declined his offer. Every viable team in the league seems to be able to come up with all the players they need, but we never do. Is it our coach? Or is it the curse of the Bobcats. We need a coach like Choate for Basketball, and an exorcist!
I'll say this-I was at the game today-a few rows up behind the Bobcat bench. Fish was coaching his rear-end off. He was as sweaty as the players. The players were responding to his coaching. They were working their tails off. But no matter what they did-Eastern had a guy with no vowels in his name nail a three with the clock running down over and over and over again. We've hashed it over ad-nauseum. MSU is good at some things. Men's basketball just isn't going to be one of them.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:12 pm

I said at the beginning of this season, that I was going to focus on and just appreciate Tyler Hall. So I was really glad to be there for this moment. Kudos to EWU Athletics and the PA guy who at the first time out announced Tyler's accomplishment-which got a nice applause from the EWU crowd.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:18 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:03 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:49 pm
As soon as Bonton and our other recruit left the program two years ago I think the program has been in trouble. Fish searched for months for a power forward or center that could walk and chew gum at the same time and player after player declined his offer. Every viable team in the league seems to be able to come up with all the players they need, but we never do. Is it our coach? Or is it the curse of the Bobcats. We need a coach like Choate for Basketball, and an exorcist!
I'll say this-I was at the game today-a few rows up behind the Bobcat bench. Fish was coaching his rear-end off. He was as sweaty as the players. The players were responding to his coaching. They were working their tails off. But no matter what they did-Eastern had a guy with no vowels in his name nail a three with the clock running down over and over and over again. We've hashed it over ad-nauseum. MSU is good at some things. Men's basketball just isn't going to be one of them.
Maybe that's just how it's going to be. I wonder if the pressure at MSU is just to high. Everytime I watch a Cats game, especially in person, I have this overwhelming feeling of doom that usually is not put to bed until they have won. In most cases the feeling comes to fruition. They are so predictable in losing. I have never heard of any team in the Big Sky who has blown as many leads as the Bobcats. Almost everytime they go out to a lead.... they get tight and blow it. How many times has this happened in the last 20 years? There has to be a reason for it. It can't be personnel or coaching all the time. Its beginning to look like a habit. Like they are waiting for the other shoe to fall...
.I have to admit, I can't help feeling that way!

2024 Resume dominance