MBB vs. Indiana

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: MBB vs. Indiana

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:26 am

How long until we pull the plug on Fish? I mean, does anyone realistically think he has a chance to keep his job after this season? I can’t see any way he has improved this program since he’s been in Bozeman. Any chance Leon puts out this dumpster fire before the season ends?

GO CATS GO!!!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:03 am

Is this Fish's final season?

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:21 am

Two years ago it was awesome watching Tyler. Je could take over games. Last year and this year it feels like he's been told "get the ball and pass right away". I want to see him take over games. Make teams account for him which gets other people open. Didnt watch the game last night, but you know scouts are watching to see what he could do against a top team. That had to hurt his draft status. Is Fish hurting his pro chances?

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:28 am

Meanwhile, the griz just had a big home win vs. Georgia State who has a future NBA player.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:36 am

Domako wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:41 pm
To be fair, we played Indiana in th 86-87 season and lost by 35 pts. Indiana won the national championship that year and we went 12-2 in the big sky that year. I think I'll cut them a little slack this time as this really isn't a measuring stick game. It's a payday...
Sir, don't be the voice of reason within this site. As much as all of us enjoyed watching all of you play, we harbored no expectations of you making the final four. Really. In fact, I'll question whether or not your coaches felt you'd compete at the national level.

Could you imagine going onto the football site and fussing about the performance of the football team getting beat by any of the FBS school's top ten by five touchdowns? Most who post here would be happy if Alabama only beat the Cats as bad as Clemson beat Petrino's Louisville team last week.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:53 am

The Indiana loss doesn't really mean anything to me. We actually played decent defense for large parts of the game. The Utah State game is what bothered me. That was the chance to make a statement.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

orsalak
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by orsalak » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:39 pm

](*,) We do have to keep in mind this should have been our season. The Cats have a senior and a Jr who were both freshmen of the year their first year on the team.

22-0

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:28 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:28 am
Meanwhile, the griz just had a big home win vs. Georgia State who has a future NBA player.
Tyler is hurting his own chances. He has not looked good.

406Fanatic_
New Recruit

Post by 406Fanatic_ » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Best thing for Tyler to do is get healed up. Make a conference return, and help make a run. No reason to keep agitating injury. As for life after MSU, teams know about him obviously, but Tyler will need to make sure he has a good agent/representation to market him to teams that would need a player like him. He also needs to find good pro skill guys for workouts to get him prepared. Tyler should look into contacting the one guy I enjoy seeing posts on twitter from, Phil Beckner (@PhilBeckner). He is Damian Lillard's basketball guru, and heard he works with a lot of other west coast guys.