Bobcats Land JC Guard Mychael Paulo

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Bobcats Land JC Guard Mychael Paulo

Post by mslacat » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:47 pm

Mychael Paulo a 6-4 guard from Williston St Jc has committed to the Bobcats. Paulo visited the Bobcats last week end and I am told he visited Cleaveland State this past weekend. In my write up on him last week I described Paulo as a Shooting guard / Small Forward, I was told that he is more of a compbo guard who can play point and swing to the perimeter, so that means in Fish system that would make him a 3 position player as the shooting guard and small forward or pretty much interchangable.

Here is what I wrote up last week

Bobcats will have 6-4 shooting guard/small forward Mychael Paulo of Williston State JC in this week end for an official visit. Last year For Williston Paulo averaged 15.4 points 3.6 rebounds 1.9 assists and 2.1 steals per game, while shooting 48.8% from the field and 38.1% from three point range. He is originally from Toronto Canada and played high school ball at Father Henry Carr Catholic Secondary School where he averaged 25 points 8 rebounds and 6 assists as a senior. He has a reputation as a 2-way player (plays strong defense as well as offence) and has "Great Length", something Fish is always looking for. He has offers from Montana State and Cleveland State with Northern Arizona showing a lot of interest.

I am also hearing the Bobcats are showing an interest in 6-7 freshman wing David Muenkat also from Toronto who will play this year for Trinidad JC. He is a NCAA qualifier so could sign this year and play 3 years @ the D-1 level. Not 100% sure if he has been offered.

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Bobcats Land JC Guard Mychael Paulo

Post by duelalumnicat » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:02 pm

Welcome, Mychael. I look forward to seeing you play for the Cats. :D

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:40 am

Welcome to Bobcat Nation Mychael! I like this pickup because we need players who like to move with the ball.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:38 am

Nice pick up, welcome to the family Mychael! He has a really nice shot, but what I really love is that he just doesn't camp out by the 3 point line. He flashes towards the hoop and can finish at the rim nicely.

Good lord, we will be able to shoot the ball well next year. With Frey, Ricketts, Lassi and now Paulo. We potentially have 4 guys that can shoot it from long range at around a 40% clip.

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:16 pm

Really Lassi? Come on if he starts next year I may walk out of the gym. He is not D1 talent.

Sorry I wasn't impressed.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:23 pm

GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:16 pm
Really Lassi? Come on if he starts next year I may walk out of the gym. He is not D1 talent.

Sorry I wasn't impressed.
He was a true freshman last year. Not everyone can be Harald Frey their freshman year give him some time before deciding whether he is D-1 or not. Coach Fish stated after Joey Frenchwood's freshman year that he was "simply not D-1 Material". Lamar would argue that, as Joey started his junior and senior year as their point guard.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:42 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."