Fallyn Freije

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Fallyn Freije

Post by BobcatDel » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:43 pm

Nice article on Bobcat site about future UND transfer Fallyn Freije who will be joining the Bobcat WBB team.

https://msubobcats.com/news/2018/7/18/w ... ath=wbball

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Fallyn Freije

Post by BobcatDel » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:03 pm

I see Trisha sent out a tweet congratulating them on winning "gold" so they must have won it all.

They resoundingly beat Chile, Uruguay, Mexico but I didn't see score from last game against Brazil. Not sure of level of competition but even at that it is great to see her competing in an international setting. I didn't see any stats either on her individual performance. There were girls on the team from DI schools like Iowa, Oregon State, Washington State so would be good to see how she did.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:16 pm

It was a great honor for Fallyn, and a great opportunity to hone her skills. I was able to watch the first two games in real time as they were all streamed on Facebook Live. Mexico put up a good fight the first half but succumbed by about 30. Uruguay offered no resistance; it was like 55-6 or something at the half.

Fallyn did not start, but she played a lot of minutes and had no trouble hanging with the players from the P5 conferences. She was on the court when the USA team broke open the Mexico game. I also could never find a box score, but to me it looked like she was one of our stars. In just a few minutes she had a defensive rebound, an offensive putback and one, a nifty assist, a steal, and an international 3-pointer. Definitely checks off a lot of things in the box score. She'll be a great scout team player this year, that is for sure. Happy that she is a Bobcat!

Here is an updated article:
https://msubobcats.com/news/2018/8/1/wo ... razil.aspx

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:10 am

This Is great!!