Bonton, Schultz, and 2018 recruiting

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Bonton, Schultz, and 2018 recruiting

Post by duelalumnicat » Thu May 31, 2018 2:17 pm

As everyone knows, two of the Bobcats' prize 2017 freshman recruits, Isaac Bonton and Luke Schultz, both left the program after only their first semester. Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether their departures have adversely affected the Bobcats' 2018 recruiting efforts?

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bonton, Schultz, and 2018 recruiting

Post by mslacat » Thu May 31, 2018 4:41 pm

duelalumnicat wrote:As everyone knows, two of the Bobcats' prize 2017 freshman recruits, Isaac Bonton and Luke Schultz, both left the program after only their first semester. Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether their departures have adversely affected the Bobcats' 2018 recruiting efforts?
I have not heard of any overall negative impact as the result of those two. Word/Rumor on Schultz is that he felt personally was more suited for a religious based school and transferred to one over winter break. I think Bonton leaving might have effected some recruits who were highs school or AAU teammates. The biggest factor I have heard rumors about are that Fish has been labeled by those schools who recruit against him as a "Guards Coach" and Big men do not do well under him. Again that is rumors meaning some one told me who was told by someone else yadda yadda yadda. I do not know if this is truly a big factor in our recruiting efforts this spring.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Re: Bonton, Schultz, and 2018 recruiting

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:16 am

mslacat wrote:The biggest factor I have heard rumors about are that Fish has been labeled by those schools who recruit against him as a "Guards Coach" and Big men do not do well under him.
Sadly, nothing has happened in his MSU tenure that could lead to the removal of this inauspicious label...hopefully Kirby can change that this year!

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers