Tyler hall

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Re: Tyler hall

Post by Cat Grad » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:56 pm

grizband wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:Well I'm excited. I want to see Larry Chaney's all time MSU scoring record fall. Not sure how far Hall has to go to get it. I'm sure it will get published. What other records will Hall get next season if he stay's healthy?
The Big Sky 3 point and scoring records may also be in danger.
Sitting at 1,861 points through 3 years, I would be surprised if Hall doesn't break the conference scoring record next year (2,102). His total of 544 points last year was his lowest output in three years playing for the Cats. What makes the current records standout, though, is that Gordon Lightfoot set the record in 3 seasons, and didn't have the advantage of the 3 point shot. For example, if all of Hall's 3 point shots were converted to 2 points, he would only have 1,546 points thus far.

Hall also only needs 31 3-pointers to break the all-time Big Sky record in that category. This should easily be accomplished, as he averages 3.4 3-pointers/game for his career.

Not that is matters other than for discussion purposes, but the gentleman's name is Orlando Lightfoot from Chattanooga, TN first of all. Second, the NCAA adopted the three point shot in the mid to late 80s. Eustachy coached Mr. Lightfoot sometime in the 90s--91 to 93 sounds about right. May be a couple years off one way or the other but that's what google is for...

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:57 pm

grizband wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:Well I'm excited. I want to see Larry Chaney's all time MSU scoring record fall. Not sure how far Hall has to go to get it. I'm sure it will get published. What other records will Hall get next season if he stay's healthy?
Sitting at 1,861 points through 3 years, I would be surprised if Hall doesn't break the conference scoring record next year (2,102). His total of 544 points last year was his lowest output in three years playing for the Cats. What makes the current records standout, though, is that Gordon Lightfoot set the record in 3 seasons, and didn't have the advantage of the 3 point shot. For example, if all of Hall's 3 point shots were converted to 2 points, he would only have 1,546 points thus far.

Hall also only needs 31 3-pointers to break the all-time Big Sky record in that category. This should easily be accomplished, as he averages 3.4 3-pointers/game for his career.
Interestingly, Gordon Lightfoot left school a year early to pen his most famous tune "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald". Otherwise he would've had 500 more points.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:59 pm

91catAlum wrote:
grizband wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:

Interestingly, Gordon Lightfoot left school a year early to pen his most famous tune "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald".
I thought Gordon was a one and done like Arlo Guthrie at Rocky...