2018-19 Bobcat Women

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: 2018-19 Bobcat Women

Post by imacat » Tue May 22, 2018 6:37 pm

Bobcats are part of preseason WNIT tournament. Congratulations and GO CATS!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed May 23, 2018 12:09 pm

imacat wrote:Bobcats are part of preseason WNIT tournament. Congratulations and GO CATS!!

Nice! Some long-overdue recognition, which aids the perpetuation of the program. It is hard to create this kind of momentum, with players moving through the academic class pipeline every year. This is really great to hear. Should put some incentive into those summer workouts. Congratulations to Coach Bin and her staff. Now, let's go win some games!

Go Cats!!

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed May 23, 2018 4:30 pm

aucat wrote:Interesting posts. I am certainly looking forward to the 18-19 season.

Here are my thoughts:

1. I think Coach Binford is happy in her job and the fans are happy she is here. I really can't see any big-time schools beating down her door to lure her away, but who knows.

2. After winning two straight BSC championships, I was really surprised at the dropoff last year. I thought the team underachieved.

3. Maybe I'm not the ultimate optimist, but after finishing in 7th place (2 games out of 6th place) in a 12 team league, going 4-10 on the road,
and faltering the second half of the season, I think it is a bit heroic to say the team will win a championship next year. Of course, I really don't follow what is going on
with all of those teams who finished ahead of us last year.

4. But overall, yes, I agree the program is still on an upswing. One of the best ways to determine that is to look at the fan base. When the fans are excited about the upcoming season,
the program must be in pretty good shape. For example, right now I am excited about the upcoming football season and the women's basketball season. I wish I could say the same
for the men's basketball program.
Our two D1 transfers are legit. I thought they were the two best players on the floor at the scrimmage last Fall.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Wed May 30, 2018 8:49 pm

imacat wrote:Bobcats are part of preseason WNIT tournament. Congratulations and GO CATS!!

Should help with recruiting.
https://www.womensnit.com/tournament-field.html

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

2018-19 Bobcat Women

Post by imacat » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:26 pm

The Cat’s first WNIT game will be at Marquette. GO CATS!!!