MSU women land Helena High point guard

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU women land Helena High point guard

Post by iaafan » Wed May 23, 2018 9:13 am

The biggest reason Helena won the last two State AA tournaments is because Hilborn can handle the pressure of big games while other players cannot. I think she’ll turn out to be the best BSC player out of the two-year crop from this season and next.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed May 23, 2018 11:23 am

iaafan wrote:The biggest reason Helena won the last two State AA tournaments is because Hilborn can handle the pressure of big games while other players cannot. I think she’ll turn out to be the best BSC player out of the two-year crop from this season and next.
More than Pickens? That would be huge, but I'm not sure about that.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed May 23, 2018 11:55 am

If so she will have the opportunity to make an impact her first year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed May 23, 2018 1:20 pm

91: see PM

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Wed May 23, 2018 4:20 pm

iaafan wrote:The biggest reason Helena won the last two State AA tournaments is because Hilborn can handle the pressure of big games while other players cannot. I think she’ll turn out to be the best BSC player out of the two-year crop from this season and next.
Lol! What she did at the AA tourney doesn’t matter. High School b-ball is awesome, but the next stage is starting all over again! They’ll welcome her to Bozeman with open arms, but this level is about performance on the court and in the classroom. If she can play, she’ll be on the court, if she needs more time to develop, she’ll be given the opportunity.

Binford is a great coach and like other great coaches she’ll put the players on the court that give her the best chance to win. I hope Hilborn exceeds expectations, but it’ll be about how she performs this summer and is she ready for the rigors of D1 basketball! It ain’t easy to have an impact as a Freshman, but at MSU if she is ready, she’ll be on the court.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed May 23, 2018 4:50 pm

Catlady wrote:
Lol! What she did at the AA tourney doesn’t matter. High School b-ball is awesome, but the next stage is starting all over again! They’ll welcome her to Bozeman with open arms, but this level is about performance on the court and in the classroom. If she can play, she’ll be on the court, if she needs more time to develop, she’ll be given the opportunity.

Binford is a great coach and like other great coaches she’ll put the players on the court that give her the best chance to win. I hope Hilborn exceeds expectations, but it’ll be about how she performs this summer and is she ready for the rigors of D1 basketball! It ain’t easy to have an impact as a Freshman, but at MSU if she is ready, she’ll be on the court.
It’s always tough to say who’s going to be good in college. Actually it’s easy to say, but tough to be right. I think what’s gratifying about Hilborn is that she was seemingly getting ignored and then finished her senior year strong earning a second straight AA MVP award. While UM was loading up with the Schweyen sisters and Froelich and Pickens (ESPN’s #57 player for 2019) here’s Hilborn outplaying them all down the stretch and head-to-head. A Cinderella story of sorts.

In her last three games vs Sentinel she was 19-39 from the floor, including 13-24 from 3, and averaged 20 ppg along with five assists and four steals per game. In those games she was the best shooter, defender and ball handler on the floor. All these media references to those other four players and this tough-as-nails kid steals the show two years in a row. If you can’t get swept up in that, then I don’t know what to tell ya.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

77matcat
Member # Retired

MSU women land Helena High point guard

Post by 77matcat » Wed May 23, 2018 7:41 pm

[emoji16]

Motivation!!! Like that mental attitude!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:45 pm

https://twitter.com/WylieTom/status/999810713546702848

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri May 25, 2018 12:20 pm

Congratulations, Kamden!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:58 am

Last year MSU FB got a three sport champion (Troy Andersen) in football, basketball and track.
This year MSU WBB got a three sport champion (Kamden Hilborn) in futbol, basketball and track.

It’s been a very good recruiting method so far. :D

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber