Fish signs a JC Point guard

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Re: Fish signs a JC Point guard

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:04 pm

mslacat wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:28 am
I don't think we need to necessarily get "BIG", as I have said before I am still not sure if most 6-10 Big Sky Caliber players can play the way Fish wants the 4 and 5 to play. From my watching of what Fish wants we need 6-7ish athletic "big guys" who actually have played the position before. Last year our so called bigs were not big (6-5), Not athletic (Blevins being the possible exception), and they were not big men (small forwards). We wracked up a huge amount of fouls (which turned in to Points) for first half of the season as our guys could not defend the post, and finally Fish gave up and we just let them score down low. AS of right now, today, I do not think there is a person on this board who can confidently say, we are going to be better in the paint next year. WE are holding out hope that Delvin Kirby has stepped up his game during his absence redshirt or that in coming freshman Zeke Quinlan and/or Max Schruecker can come in and contribute day one. I mean maybe down the road, but I am not sure we made up for the loss of Konner Frey. We have improved our shooting and have improved our back court, and a major factor in that is simply Tyler Hall returning HEALTHY. If Tyler thought he was a marked man last year, wait till 2018-19. With-out an inside game nest year we are going to live by the 3 point shot and die by the 3 point shot. Nights shots don't go down we are screwed.
Exactamundo!

2024 Resume dominance

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Re: Fish signs a JC Point guard

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:07 pm

Catlady wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:39 am
I’ll just stay home when we play Montana and Weber State. They’re just going to exploit our lack of a front court! With Akoh and Braxton, we could be seeing some career highs. I’m frustrated because we have the ability to be better than this. I’m to the point now that I prefer watching our women’s team to the men’s. At least we can compete.
Braxton doesn't impress me....he's the male version of his sister....looks a lot better than he plays!

Akoh, however is a beast! He has game compared to Braxton.

2024 Resume dominance