Bobcat WBB Signee Halle Wright

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:49 pm

Last night the annual Washington vrs Oregon girls high school All Star Basketball Game was held. Oregon in a somewhat of an upset defeated Washington 97-74 (the margin of victory was the big surprise). The big surprise of the game though was that Future Bobcat and fall signee Halle Wright power the team to a victory by leading the Oregon team in scoring (18) and rebounding (7). She also did much of the damage in the 2nd quarter when Oregon was behind by 6 points and she powered them to a lead they never gave up after that. Wright is from Cascade high school which is considered a "small high school" and got a lot of publicity in her locally but did not get much publicity or respect state wide. She turned a lot of heads in Oregon last night and they were talking about her. I tweeted a few video snippets and game updates last night during the game and got this unsolicited comment tweeted to me last night
@mslacat I broadcast Banks HS athletics online and we have played against Halle and Cascade a few times. Lady Bobcats are getting an amazing WNBA caliber talent in Halle Wright. She plays with an old school basketball mentality and it’s beautiful to watch
WNBA ...... well I will be believe that when I see that, but she is going to a great player for the Bobcats. Halle is 6-0 (sometimes listed at 6-1) forward although she played all 5 spots regularly last year, including playing Point Guard (Point Forward?) when Cascade was pressed the past two years. Cascade finished with a 23-1 record. She has been all state in Volleyball, Track, Basketball and Soccer. Both her parents are coaches by the way. It is tough to describe her type of play, but if I had to I would say the skill set of Hommes but with the body(maybe even stronger) and aggressiveness of Semansky. The Bobcats are going to be loaded at the 3,4 and 5 the next few years with Braxton, Smith, Lundberg, Kruderer and Freiji (not to mention a slew of guards who could swing to the 3 at any given time), so it is going to be real interesting to see how Binford works works her into and juggles MSU's front line. Wright though is going to be a great player for the Bobcats, and I think there are quite a few Pac-12 schools who are regretting nor recruiting her last fall.

BTW the other player on the Oregon team that did a lot of damage for them was,Montana signee Katie Mayhue South Albany with 16 points.

https://www.statesmanjournal.com/videos ... /33772643/

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Bobcat WBB Signee Halle Wright

Post by aucat » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:15 pm

Good to hear!

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:33 am

Thanks for the update, mslacat! As I mentioned earlier, I had tabbed Halle as the hidden gem of this recruiting class. I sure hope living and studying here works out for her. Not sure how our coaches found her, but I am pleased that they did. As you said, schools may have turned aside because of the knee brace. But I can think of a lot of very successful Bobcats who sported one of those.

Well — I just watched the video from the link above and she loves fly fishing, so I think she'll be okay here!