Does he stay or does he go?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Does he stay or does he go?

Post by allcat » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:52 am

I'm confused on these numbers. If most second round picks don't make it, where do the players come from. I looked at the Boston Celtics and they had 18 guys on the roster. They can't all have been 1st rounders.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:36 pm

Hell's Bells wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:THIS JUST IN: Montana State star Hall declares for NBA Draft; won't hire agent -
https://skylinesportsmt.com/montana-sta ... ire-agent/
Was this what you were referencing when you made mention of another player leaving the program?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No this was not included in the four scholarships Montana State is recruiting with. Still waiting on an official announcement. I told the sources I would sit on it until then...
The sophmore Tyler Hall would make a good second round pick.
This past year, what he has shown, i doubt makes any roster.
There is a lot of quit in that kid :D
Hells Bells - Really????

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:04 am

From where I'm looking way out here it looks to me like Tyler Hall is just looking for a way to get out of Dodge gracefully.
Can't recall when I've ever seen the program so out of shape.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:12 pm

He’s mostly just learning things.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:37 pm

It's an exploration process, the same one that Ahmaad Rorie is going through at UM, you know the team that just steamrolled through the conference and into the tournament. Does that mean Rorie has a lot of quit in him and is just trying to get out of dodge too? Or is it okay for him to do because his program won? Joel Berry and Theo Pinson from North Carolina both did the same thing last year after winning the National Championship before returning for their senior years. Guess they are full of quit too. A bunch of players have done this every year since the rule change to let players declare but return to school.

It's a way to get input from scouts and coaches on what to improve to possibly have a career in the NBA later. Neither Hall or Rorie have hired an agent which leaves the door very open for them both to return to their respective teams. Slow your rolls a bit and be excited that the kid is able to pursue his dreams a little and educate himself on the process and where he stands.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:00 pm

If I had to bet either way I would bet Hall will be back next year although I don't think it's 100%

imacat

Post by imacat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:52 pm

coachouert wrote:It's an exploration process, the same one that Ahmaad Rorie is going through at UM, you know the team that just steamrolled through the conference and into the tournament. Does that mean Rorie has a lot of quit in him and is just trying to get out of dodge too? Or is it okay for him to do because his program won? Joel Berry and Theo Pinson from North Carolina both did the same thing last year after winning the National Championship before returning for their senior years. Guess they are full of quit too. A bunch of players have done this every year since the rule change to let players declare but return to school.

It's a way to get input from scouts and coaches on what to improve to possibly have a career in the NBA later. Neither Hall or Rorie have hired an agent which leaves the door very open for them both to return to their respective teams. Slow your rolls a bit and be excited that the kid is able to pursue his dreams a little and educate himself on the process and where he stands.
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]well said.

BobcatFan68
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatFan68 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:49 pm

mslacat wrote:If I had to bet either way I would bet Hall will be back next year although I don't think it's 100%

If he goes through the NBA process and decides to go back to school will it be MSU? He did not redshirt and has one year of eligibility left, can he transfer, sit a year, and play his last year? If he transfers, when does he have to decide?
Just wondering.....

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:48 pm

BobcatFan68 wrote:
mslacat wrote:If I had to bet either way I would bet Hall will be back next year although I don't think it's 100%

If he goes through the NBA process and decides to go back to school will it be MSU? He did not redshirt and has one year of eligibility left, can he transfer, sit a year, and play his last year? If he transfers, when does he have to decide?
Just wondering.....
That is definitely an option, but given the situation more than likely I think he will stay.

phantom
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by phantom » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:04 am

BobcatFan68 wrote:

Just wondering.....
He "could" do that, but it's not a very good option. I would say his options are: a) get feedback from the NBA that it makes sense to stay in the draft b) find out he will not be drafted and return to Montana State.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:31 pm

what a great opportunity for him. at the very least he's going to get crucial information about what he needs to do to have a legitimate shot at playing at the next level. good for him!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat May 05, 2018 8:19 pm

https://twitter.com/FrankGogola/status/992941116197621761

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

BobcatFan68
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatFan68 » Sun May 06, 2018 11:56 am

Hawks86 wrote:https://twitter.com/FrankGogola/status/992941116197621761
Wonder if any of them received calls for workouts from individual teams.