MBB UND

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

sacstateman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: MBB UND

Post by sacstateman » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:15 pm

You guys best look where the problem lies and I don't see it at Fish's feet....Tyler Hall is the reason you lost today...he did nothing to get open the whole second half...you will be much better without him....you should be hoping he goes pro (he will be lucky to play overseas)....Tyler Hall is a selfish player who doesn't know how to work through the hard times...if things don't go his way, he basically disappears as he did in the second half today...sorry, I'm not trying to piss anyone off but I'm just telling you what I see...if you watch a replay of this game, you too will see what I just described, Tyler hanging out in the corner hoping the guy guarding him falls asleep long enough for him to get a shot off...no movement to the ball, basket or around screens...Watch it for yourself...you'll see....

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:26 pm

sacstateman wrote:You guys best look where the problem lies and I don't see it at Fish's feet....Tyler Hall is the reason you lost today...he did nothing to get open the whole second half...you will be much better without him....you should be hoping he goes pro (he will be lucky to play overseas)....Tyler Hall is a selfish player who doesn't know how to work through the hard times...if things don't go his way, he basically disappears as he did in the second half today...sorry, I'm not trying to piss anyone off but I'm just telling you what I see...if you watch a replay of this game, you too will see what I just described, Tyler hanging out in the corner hoping the guy guarding him falls asleep long enough for him to get a shot off...no movement to the ball, basket or around screens...Watch it for yourself...you'll see....
It all goes back to the Coach. If Hall is playing selfish, the coach should have yanked him. The Coach is the one that put this team together. He has not got the job done. Time for a change.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:28 pm

Is it the player not playing with enough effort, or is it the coach not coaching well enough? Maybe a combination of both, but this is unacceptable.
https://twitter.com/kyle_sample6/status/971143995916038150

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:31 pm

MSU01 wrote:
seataccat wrote:
MSU01 wrote:Just when you think it can't possibly get any worse....
Oh it can get way worse, 2002 is still causing nightmares.
That team won a NIT game....this is way way worse.
The collapse against the griz in the BSC tourney was way worse yes... Way worse they were the conference regular season champions with a 20 something lead on the griz and lost the game.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:43 pm

MSU01 wrote:Is it the player not playing with enough effort, or is it the coach not coaching well enough? Maybe a combination of both, but this is unacceptable.
Not disagreeing with you MSU01, or the sentiment... but Kyle Sample is an asshat hack. I don't take anything he says with any relevance whatsoever. He's a griz homer, the only time he feels the need to pop in and comment on anything Bobcat related is when something like this happens. He should stick to playing kissy face with Hauck and his minions.

GO CATS GO!!!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:44 pm

seataccat wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
seataccat wrote:
The collapse against the griz in the BSC tourney was way worse yes... Way worse they were the conference regular season champions with a 20 something lead on the griz and lost the game.
I suppose what we're arguing here is worst collapse in a single game (I agree it's 2002) vs. worst collapse in a season culminating in a horrible in-game collapse to end said season (2018). Fun discussion either way. :lol:

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:48 pm

There is plenty of blame to go around for both coaches and players for sure.
On that UND posession that started with 30 + seconds left I would have had a player foul about as soon as they could.
I think UND was in a one and one situation. If they miss the first we should get the rebound and now we're in the drivers seat of a tied game. If they make only the first, again we should get the rebound and have 25+ seconds to win it. They make both we definitely have the ball for the last 25 sec. to tie or win.
If the game is within one scoring possession I want me and my team to have the ball for the last meaningful possession not the last desperation possession.

I've got some thoughts on a player or two that I'll hold till I'm not so disgusted.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:52 pm

sacstateman wrote:You guys best look where the problem lies and I don't see it at Fish's feet....Tyler Hall is the reason you lost today...he did nothing to get open the whole second half...you will be much better without him....you should be hoping he goes pro (he will be lucky to play overseas)....Tyler Hall is a selfish player who doesn't know how to work through the hard times...if things don't go his way, he basically disappears as he did in the second half today...sorry, I'm not trying to piss anyone off but I'm just telling you what I see...if you watch a replay of this game, you too will see what I just described, Tyler hanging out in the corner hoping the guy guarding him falls asleep long enough for him to get a shot off...no movement to the ball, basket or around screens...Watch it for yourself...you'll see....
Interesting that's what you see. I saw a player that wanted to give the ball away too easily and not take over. He was moving on offense but if he can't catch and shoot he's given the ball away every time.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:13 pm

This inspiring quote from Coach Fish pretty much sums up the best way to blow a 19 point lead in 12 minutes - forget continuing to try and run your offense that has built the lead, just try to run out the clock!

"When you build a 19-point lead you just have to get stops," said Montana State coach Brian Fish. "You don't even have to score again if you can get stops, but credit North Dakota. They got on a roll and we couldn't get them stopped."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:15 pm

MSU01 wrote:This inspiring quote from Coach Fish pretty much sums up the best way to blow a 19 point lead in 12 minutes - forget continuing to try and run your offense that has built the lead, just try to run out the clock!

"When you build a 19-point lead you just have to get stops," said Montana State coach Brian Fish. "You don't even have to score again if you can get stops, but credit North Dakota. They got on a roll and we couldn't get them stopped."
Yeah sorry this is such a trash quote from a coach. YOU WERE UP BY 19! Sure you didn't get some stops but the offensive flow just completely stopped and it looked like MSU was trying to run out the clock. Nearly the same situation happened last year against Southern Utah. You play to win. You don't play not to lose.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:19 pm

91catAlum wrote:
technoCat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
technoCat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:The whining in here is pathetic.
Happy, can we complain now. You need to keep yer trap shut until we don't blow a 20 point lead in the tournament.

Fish needs to be gone. This team has a mental problem and the proof is in the pudding. We will not win with him.
You can complain all you want, eeyore, and I can comment that it's pathetic. Go back and read the comments when we had a 7 point lead at the half, and tell me I'm wrong.
And don't tell me to keep my trap shut, thanks.
I did read the comments. We all knew the script and they played it to perfection. Just because you can't see it coming doesn't mean we can't take our blue and gold sunglasses off.

And if you are going to call people pathetic, I will continue to tell you to keep your hole shut. You obviously don't have anything worth reading to say anyway.
I didn't call anyone pathetic, I called the whining pathetic. Catch a clue, and don't take your frustration out on me.
Are you serious? Can you really blame people for whining after what we saw today, and after what we've been seeing for the last 20 years? The reason people were so pessimistic and whiny, even when we were leading by 7 at the break, is because we've been watching the same movie over and over and over again, and the ending never changes. No lead is ever safe...no season is ever different.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:19 pm

More fun stats: According to the win probability chart on ESPN's game box score, MSU had a 99.2% probability to win the game at the under 12 media time out when they were up 19 in the second half.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:25 pm

On the bright side, we don't lose to the Griz again this season.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:33 pm

MSU01 wrote:
seataccat wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
seataccat wrote:
I suppose what we're arguing here is worst collapse in a single game (I agree it's 2002) vs. worst collapse in a season culminating in a horrible in-game collapse to end said season (2018). Fun discussion either way. :lol:
When you consider that we started out 4-0 in conference (although 3 of those wins came against the 3 worst teams in the BSC...not counting MSU), and then went 2-13 in our final 15 games, and then today we had a 19 point lead midway through the 2nd half and blew it, then I'd have to say that on this day and by the end of this season, we've pretty much bottomed out. We were worse this year than the final season under Huse, and probably no better than we were in our first season under Fish (at least that team improved throughout the season), and with essentially the same personnel, we were much worse than we were last season. It's hard to imagine things getting much worse.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:34 pm

Rich K wrote:On the bright side, we don't lose to the Griz again this season.
Good point. They probably would've beaten us by 35 this time.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:03 pm

What hope is there for next year? I think we are the 2nd most experienced team in the conference this year, and I imagine we may move into the #1 spot next year, but so what.

I had decent expectations for this year because we had actually progressed year over year with Fish's first two seasons. I think that is why this season was such a tough pill to swallow, because I thought things might finally be different. But no, this year's February swoon made the Durham/Huse swoons look like gangbusters.

What is it about the men's team that they can play anywhere from above average to really good in the first half of conference, and then just turn into the worst team in the league the next? I just don't get it, but it happens year after year, coach after coach.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:34 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
MSU01 wrote:Is it the player not playing with enough effort, or is it the coach not coaching well enough? Maybe a combination of both, but this is unacceptable.
Not disagreeing with you MSU01, or the sentiment... but Kyle Sample is an asshat hack. I don't take anything he says with any relevance whatsoever. He's a griz homer, the only time he feels the need to pop in and comment on anything Bobcat related is when something like this happens. He should stick to playing kissy face with Hauck and his minions.

Hahahaha...... the dude is a suck ass, tool bag, griz lover. Damn glad he's back in Missoula with all the other doucher's.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:37 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:

Hahahaha...... the dude is a suck ass, tool bag, griz lover. Damn glad he's back in Missoula with all the other doucher's.
Despite what you guys think of Kyle, he isn't wrong here. It was an issue all season.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:26 pm

And after starting conference at 4-0, in the rematch we were 1-3, correct.
We were in town grabbing a few things and I was keeping up with the score. Actually felt confident. I know, feeling confident when the CATS have a lead is not good. Got home and checked the final. UNBELIEVABLE!!!I

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:49 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:

Despite what you guys think of Kyle, he isn't wrong here. It was an issue all season.
I 100% agree with Vim on this.
Not disagreeing with you BozoneCat, but are you sure that it's Hauck's face that Sample is kissing?

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!