Time for Fish to go!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Re: Time for Fish to go!

Post by Rich K » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:55 am

John K wrote:
84CatGrad wrote:Very difficult to win in Bozeman, MT. Patience is required. I think Fish deserves not just one more year but a couple more after that. Patience, people.
I'm in favor of giving him one more year, but three more? I don't know about that, unless the team shows significant improvement next season.
I have gone full circle on this. Not only should Fish get one more year, heck, let's sign him to a multi-year contract. We ought to be able to negotiate a salary reduction for Fish. Heck, maybe he could pay MSU to coach here. I'm sure Costello can figure out a place to spend the extra cash.

"Patience my ass, I'm going to kill something....."

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

hokeyfine
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by hokeyfine » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:08 am

earle solomonson............that is all.......

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:22 am

I think it is time to put this thread to rest. It sounds like the decision has been made whether you agree with it or not. Time to get behind the program even if Fish is not your guy, if for no other reason than the players who are True Bobcats. If the decision has not been made by now someone needs to fire Costello!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:30 pm

hokeyfine wrote:earle solomonson............that is all.......
Yep hokeyfine, when I heard that Solomonson was the next FB Coach all I saw down the road was trips to the nattys. So please don't ask me for coach advice.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:40 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:I guess I need a refresher on how many are available. We had 6 total with 3 signed, correct?
An under classmen will not return. Expect an announcement relatively soon. I have been asked not to report it until it becomes official.
Kirby is not listed on the schools directory and his pinned tweet says that he is "#processing." Could he be the unofficial departure or is he an additional roster change?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:52 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Talked to Fish after Marshall's win over Wichita State briefly the other day (he went to Marshall if you remember) and he was on the road recruiting. He said he has been back to Bozeman for about a day since MSU's loss in Reno, instead spending time recruiting to fill the four open spots he has on his roster. He said we can catch up this week for a follow up on the season. I'll have that for you later this week.
Any update from this post on March 19th?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:38 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Talked to Fish after Marshall's win over Wichita State briefly the other day (he went to Marshall if you remember) and he was on the road recruiting. He said he has been back to Bozeman for about a day since MSU's loss in Reno, instead spending time recruiting to fill the four open spots he has on his roster. He said we can catch up this week for a follow up on the season. I'll have that for you later this week.
Any update from this post on March 19th?
No, still haven't been able to hook up with Fish for a formal interview. There are some behind the scenes details that have delayed it - nothing with employment, rather just internal politics but I'm still working on it.