Cat Fight March 3rd

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AJWILDCAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

Cat Fight March 3rd

Post by AJWILDCAT » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:33 am

Greetings Bobcat fans, My wife and I are coming up to Bozeman for the MSU vs WSU game and I am looking for any helpful info. Whats the arena like? Is it hard to get tickets? Where is a good place to park? Do they have shirts available at the games to buy? I am also looking for recommendations on the best local places to eat. No national chains please. I have been up there a few times for football but have never been to a basketball game there and I am very much looking forward to it. Praying for good weather for my trip up there. Good luck the rest of the season.

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Cat Fight March 3rd

Post by thefrank1 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:53 am

Welcome! If you enjoy a good cinnamon roll or caramel pecan roll for breakfast, catch the coffee pot near four corners on the way to Gallatin Gateway. Well worth the trip! Definitely not a chain.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:00 pm

Greetings! Tickets are not hard to come by, the men's basketball team has under-performed expectations this year and games don't sell out, other than the griz game. There is a big parking lot on the south side of the fieldhouse that should have ample parking (between the fieldhouse and the football stadium).

My personal favorite non-fancy local eats are:
Ale Works - good all around menu, nice atmosphere.
The Garage, for the ribs and the soup bar.
The Roost, for the chicken.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:43 pm

Lucky you. I can't imagine what it's like to root for a winning men's basketball program. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
I think there's a couple of rows in Section 111 right behind the visiting team bench that are reserved for visiting fans. You might check with the ticket office about that. The rest of Section 111 is for students, but since hardly any students go you can probably sit there right behind your team. There's usually a handful of visiting fans sitting there. Otherwise get reserved seats in Section 109. It generally doesn't matter, there's always a multitude of good seats available.

AJWILDCAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by AJWILDCAT » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:06 am

Thank you all for the suggestions. I am also wondering what is the best place in town to get a steak?

Cats15
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cats15 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:30 am

AJWILDCAT wrote:Thank you all for the suggestions. I am also wondering what is the best place in town to get a steak?
I was just out in Belgrade this weekend and had a really good steak at The Mint. If you want some place in Bozeman, I would recommend Open Range.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:36 am

AJWILDCAT wrote:Thank you all for the suggestions. I am also wondering what is the best place in town to get a steak?
Ted's is really good, it's right downtown.

If you don't mind driving for 20-30 minutes, there are 3 wonderful places NW of Bozeman.
Sir Scott's Oasis - great prime rib
Land of Magic, and
Sacajawea Inn - both have amazing steaks
Last edited by 91catAlum on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:09 am

Always the best is Sir Scott oasis in Manhattan. You will need a reservation.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:14 am

91catAlum wrote:

If you don't mind driving for 20-30 minutes, there are 3 wonderful places NW of Bozeman.
Land of Magic, and
Ted's is also a chain, so no Bueno.

My vote would also be for the Oasis. It might look like a bit of a hole in the wall, but don't let that fool you... the rustic, old-school atmosphere and service - not many restaurants still serve a relish tray these days, nor serve their steaks on a piping hot steel platter - are just a part of the charm.

If the weather is good, the drive over to Livingston to The Rib and Chop House is well worth it.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:27 am

grizzh8r wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Land of Magic, and

My vote would also be for the Oasis. It might look like a bit of a hole in the wall, but don't let that fool you... the rustic, old-school atmosphere and service - not many restaurants still serve a relish tray these days, nor serve their steaks on a piping hot steel platter - are just a part of the charm.

If the weather is good, the drive over to Livingston to The Rib and Chop House is well worth it.
We will be visiting Livingston hopefully the beginning of Football season. A trip over from Bozeman to catch up with old friends. Trying to figure out where the Chop House is? Looks like maybe the old Martins Cafe? Sounds like a good place for dinner!

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

catamaran
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by catamaran » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:31 am

RickRund wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Land of Magic, and

We will be visiting Livingston hopefully the beginning of Football season. A trip over from Bozeman to catch up with old friends. Trying to figure out where the Chop House is? Looks like maybe the old Martins Cafe? Sounds like a good place for dinner!
Its in the old shops office building complex. Next to the underpass y on park

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:57 pm

AJWILDCAT wrote:Greetings Bobcat fans, My wife and I are coming up to Bozeman for the MSU vs WSU game and I am looking for any helpful info. Whats the arena like? Is it hard to get tickets? Where is a good place to park? Do they have shirts available at the games to buy? I am also looking for recommendations on the best local places to eat. No national chains please. I have been up there a few times for football but have never been to a basketball game there and I am very much looking forward to it. Praying for good weather for my trip up there. Good luck the rest of the season.
Ennis has the Gravel Bar and Grill, Willow Creek Cafe, Land of Magic in Logan, the Sacagewa in Three Forks and Sir Scotts in Manhattan. All of these are good and if you fish, I don't need to say more...plus, you can get a little of the what that part of the state used to be like. A couple are pricey but they are still within reason.

Edit* Based on what you wrote, I'd suggest you take in Willow Creek...or check out the Pony Bar...